News Round Up 2017

just a quick FYI that I saw the DIS did the Daily Fix from the Baseline Taphouse today so I expect a Vlog or Writeup shortly

Question for my fellow beer compatriots... @TheMaxRebo and gang. Noticed they had Stone IPA on this menu. Never seen a Stone offering at WDW, have y'all? Had a Stone-Wicked Weed collab on my birthday a few years back and remember it being one of the best beers I've ever had. I like Stone and have noticed more varieties available in my market. Glad to see them at Disney and wondering if this is old news or new news? :drinking1

Question for my fellow beer compatriots... @TheMaxRebo and gang. Noticed they had Stone IPA on this menu. Never seen a Stone offering at WDW, have y'all? Had a Stone-Wicked Weed collab on my birthday a few years back and remember it being one of the best beers I've ever had. I like Stone and have noticed more varieties available in my market. Glad to see them at Disney and wondering if this is old news or new news? :drinking1

I am trying to remember properly if they have ever had Stone at Food and Wine fest but not sure

I am pretty sure it is new and good to see as they are still independent so nice to see not just craft beers owned by InBev

Last edited:
Hocus Pocus merch has shown up at Walt Disney World! This blog here has some pics.
They used the new frame with the Villain silhouettes but threw in the Sanderson Sisters in last year's style.

Soooo that's confirmation that the artwork they were using WAS too close to the Ghastlies and some lawyers were involved.

0jEq3Ep.jpg

Anyone have any info on why Flights of Passage and Navi river have been down today? My family's only day at animal kingdom, and we may not get to do any Pandora rides. Very disappointing.
When we asked today they said that there was some kind of "power issue" so...whatever that means. FOP did end up opening up while we were there...with. 195 minute wait time.

Only two IPAs, that's awesome! It seems like all of the bars around here devote about half of their beer menus to IPAs.

Technically Sierra nevada pale ale falls in the current description of IPA....so that's three--

The first three lagers are basically the same beer-- one with lemon flavor. I always wondered about these items... I know how to squeeze a lemon into my beer if I want one...

What? there is a category other than golden lagers and IPA's? Who slipped a red ale in there......Someone will be fired....

And two wheat beers one with fruit flavoring.... see above.

9 beers------ 4 beer styles. Boo.

I think the customers going to this establishment have reached the level where they deserve a real beer list.

Technically Sierra nevada pale ale falls in the current description of IPA....so that's three--

The first three lagers are basically the same beer-- one with lemon flavor. I always wondered about these items... I know how to squeeze a lemon into my beer if I want one...

What? there is a category other than golden lagers and IPA's? Who slipped a red ale in there......Someone will be fired....

And two wheat beers one with fruit flavoring.... see above.

9 beers------ 4 beer styles. Boo.

I think the customers going to this establishment have reached the level where they deserve a real beer list.

I showed the menu to my husband and he was a little disappointed that they went with California beers when he'd rather have a place that has all the top-notch Florida beers (Cigar City, Funky Buddha, Crooked Can, M.I.A., etc.) in one place instead. But I understand that they're trying to make the boozes match the theme of the area, so it's fine by me. I'll be the one crushing some Negronis anyway.

I am optimistic that the beer list will evolve with time. I'd been going to the same bar at California Adventure (Sonoma Terrace) every trip for the past year or so ... and this most-recent trip, they'd not only upgraded their beer offerings (Bottle Logic!), but they added beers on draft instead of just in the bottles, so it was at least more likely to be fresh.

The Green Flash offering is nice, but I wish they'd throw one of their sours on the menu to keep my husband happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter