News Round Up 2017

Park doesn't close to outside guests until 7 PM, though rides close a 6 PM. Once the time change hits, they'll likely do the castle lighting at 5:30 or 6 PM.

Kind of.
The park closes to regular day guests at 6 and will act like a regular closure - no one will be allowed into the park, ride lines will close, but guests are allowed to enjoy the park until the hard close at 7

If I'm remembering correctly, the FAQ that was put out when the announcement was first made stated something along the lines of 'day guests will be allowed to remain and enjoy offerings like A Frozen Holiday Wish'. The sunset on November 9th is only 5:34 - it won't be dark enough to do the castle lighting at that point. I expect a 6:30 show still, at least to begin with.

It will be similar to how DAK runs some nights currently with the park closing at 8:30 but ROL starting at 9

Did they really convert/redo ale and compass? It was the last bar/cool spot on property with a decent menu.

If they needed another restaurant...ariels is right there.

Man, am I depressed...

So is the Ale and Compass now an actual restaurant? That was such a cool place to grab a snack and drink, but if they are opening it to reservations, I'm not sure that is going to be quite as easy to do now.

So is the Ale and Compass now an actual restaurant? That was such a cool place to grab a snack and drink, but if they are opening it to reservations, I'm not sure that is going to be quite as easy to do now.

...don't get me started...

I may drive into oncoming traffic...
...and THEN where would all you people get your jokes from?

Easy to do?

They're gonna book it solid and not let you in the door...just like all the penny pinching, dining plan abominations...

The menu looks like it's all quiche...is that a thing now?

...don't get me started...

I may drive into oncoming traffic...
...and THEN where would all you people get your jokes from?

Easy to do?

They're gonna book it solid and not let you in the door...just like all the penny pinching, dining plan abominations...

The menu looks like it's all quiche...is that a thing now?

My plan is to avoid the food. Will just be going for a few beers before I go to the Crew's cup for pre-meal beers. Then it is off to the Yachtsman for dinner and after dinner beers.

Now you know why I love Disney's transportation system. pirate:

And I have to say that those two posts right before this made me laugh!

And P.S. Quiche is an old thing, kind of like holiday fruit cake.

My plan is to avoid the food. Will just be going for a few beers before I go to the Crew's cup for pre-meal beers. Then it is off to the Yachtsman for dinner and after dinner beers.

Now you know why I love Disney's transportation system. pirate:

And I have to say that those two posts right before this made me laugh!

And P.S. Quiche is an old thing, kind of like holiday fruit cake.

You need transportation? All 3 of those places are 75 feet apart...

And ecv painted like Minnie?

BUT....hold the phone!!!

I got wires crossed...where the heck did they put this? It's CREWS CUP that's the good bar...next to yachtsmans...

Is this across from the galley? Or is it the galley?

I'm so confused

Last edited:

BUT....hold the phone!!!

I got wires crossed...where the heck did they put this? It's CREWS CUP that's the good bar...next to yachtsmans...

I'm so confused

Oh man, you are right. I take back everything I said. Is Ale and Compass the little bar area that was with Captain's Grill? I feel much better now anyways, I always loved CREWS CUP (despite not knowing the name apparently).

Oh man, you are right. I take back everything I said. Is Ale and Compass the little bar area that was with Captain's Grill? I feel much better now anyways, I always loved CREWS CUP (despite not knowing the name apparently).

Lol...I always get the two confused...and I worked there...good thing they didn't put me In charge of directions!

BUT....hold the phone!!!

I'm so confused

Transportation is for getting me to the Hotel. pirate: I tend to tip cab drivers something and realize in the morning that it was much more than I thought.

Crew's cup is IMO the second best lounge down there (just always been a little fonder of the little hidden gem Territory Lounge) and is attached to the Yachtsman.

And, I have been known (only once) to cancel a Yachtsman's ressie and stay in my seat at the Crew's cup and finish watching a game. Ordered the Short Rib and it was fantastic!

Transportation is for getting me to the Hotel. pirate: I tend to tip cab drivers something and realize in the morning that it was much more than I thought.

Crew's cup is IMO the second best lounge down there (just always been a little fonder of the little hidden gem Territory Lounge) and is attached to the Yachtsman.

And, I have been known (only once) to cancel a Yachtsman's ressie and stay in my seat at the Crew's cup and finish watching a game. Ordered the Short Rib and it was fantastic!

Territory is the only other one that makes my list anymore...maybe Bellevue...

But territory isn't "hidden"...it's just cool and nobody goes to wilderness lodge anymore...it's too crowded.

Territory is the only other one that makes my list anymore...maybe Bellevue...

But territory isn't "hidden"...it's just cool and nobody goes to wilderness lodge anymore...it's too crowded.

My wife and I stopped by three weeks ago and had a drink. Nobody was in TL except us. We had already eaten as we tried Geyser Point for the first time. When we went into TL, my wife who hadn't been there in years said- Oh, this is the little place we sat on the couch for a month a few years back. Wish I could have had the Fondue and pretzel bread but was stuffed. I do frequent lounges and bars at different times than many as I am an early riser and usually have my first beer around 10;00 to11:00 so I get to see places just as they open.

My three favorite places to drink are

1. Hole in the wall on a nice evening.
2. TL
3 Crews Cup
4. Dockside bar at the Boathouse

Yeah, that's how I count to three. pirate: Sue me. Got the Yogi quote too.

My wife and I stopped by three weeks ago and had a drink. Nobody was in TL except us. We had already eaten as we tried Geyser Point for the first time. When we went into TL, my wife who hadn't been there in years said- Oh, this is the little place we sat on the couch for a month a few years back. Wish I could have had the Fondue and pretzel bread but was stuffed. I do frequent lounges and bars at different times than many as I am an early riser and usually have my first beer around 10;00 to11:00 so I get to see places just as they open.

My three favorite places to drink are

1. Hole in the wall on a nice evening.
2. TL
3 Crews Cup
4. Dockside bar at the Boathouse

Yeah, that's how I count to three. pirate: Sue me. Got the Yogi quote too.

I find its best to visit a bar 15 minute after opening And at last call...that way you can pass as a quality control inspector and get a freebie occasionally :teacher:

I really love the idea of sitting down in a lounge and enjoying a nice adult beverage. However, being in the WDW bubble with an 8 year old, doesn't always allow much time for that. I really am hoping for quick solo trip with my wife some day. I love my son, and absolutely enjoy the time at Disney together.....but wouldn't mind at least one grown ups night. I don't care if there are other kids around, I just want to stroll around epcot and boardwalk one night. Someday.
:daydreamsquencebegin:

I really love the idea of sitting down in a lounge and enjoying a nice adult beverage. However, being in the WDW bubble with an 8 year old, doesn't always allow much time for that. I really am hoping for quick solo trip with my wife some day. I love my son, and absolutely enjoy the time at Disney together.....but wouldn't mind at least one grown ups night. I don't care if there are other kids around, I just want to stroll around epcot and boardwalk one night. Someday.
:daydreamsquencebegin:

What did the price of beans close at today?

...I'm lost...

OK I'm still thoroughly confused ... I love the small bar area next to the Yachtsman ... is that the Crew's Cup? Does this mean they didn't touch the Yachtsmen bar and the Ale and Compass is taking over the Captain's Grill?

I just want to make sure the bar next to the Yachtsman is A-OK!

OK I'm still thoroughly confused ... I love the small bar area next to the Yachtsman ... is that the Crew's Cup? Does this mean they didn't touch the Yachtsmen bar and the Ale and Compass is taking over the Captain's Grill?

I just want to make sure the bar next to the Yachtsman is A-OK!
Here' the latest map from the Disney siteupload_2017-10-20_15-54-7.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter