News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard about this?? Why would they do this? There have been times where online wasn’t working for me but the app was...

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2018/06/07/mobile-my-disney-experience-mde-changes/

Verified by Disney this morning, reservations using MDE on a mobile device can now only be made 60 days in advance. This only affects the mobile application. Reservations can still be made by calling or logging into MDE from the web.”
Wow! That is a shocking change. I have a speculation of why this might be happening, but it is really hard to tell at this point.

I remember years ago they changed the booking window altogether to be shorter, then moved back to 180 days. It wasn’t any better in any way that I can think of when the window was shorter — maybe worse as more people were paying attention closer to their travel dates so I had more competition! ;) Hope this isn’t a step in changing it altogether again.

Soooo....what's the speculation? :rolleyes1
Sorry. Was trying to collect my thoughts and get opinions from others.

I have two...

1) First step towards having a later ADR window to possibly combat people holding onto reservations that they aren't going to use.
2) Cut the amount of data that the app uses to try and combat the app from crashing on a more consistent basis.

I am leaning towards option number 2.

Sorry. Was trying to collect my thoughts and get opinions from others.

I have two...

1) First step towards having a later ADR window to possibly combat people holding onto reservations that they aren't going to use.
2) Cut the amount of data that the app uses to try and combat the app from crashing on a more consistent basis.

I am leaning towards option number 2.
I was just thinking 2 as well... they’ve done 1 before and switched back.

I just made ADRs for December 4 via the app on my phone, so it's still working.
I’m hoping this is just wrong, personally.

I remember years ago they changed the booking window altogether to be shorter, then moved back to 180 days. It wasn’t any better in any way that I can think of when the window was shorter — maybe worse as more people were paying attention closer to their travel dates so I had more competition! ;) Hope this isn’t a step in changing it altogether again.

yes I remember this - they dropped it to 90 days. I think it was really done so that they could stop posting park hours 6 months in advance. I agree it actually made the competition for ADRs worse.

You have to scan in first, but after that, you can make fastpasses if I remember correctly. I know I was able to make a fastpass mid-day from the Disneyland Hotel once. I'm not sure if it works outside of Disneyland property, but I assume it does. MaxPass is basically an added benefit to the "paper" fastpass system. You just don't have to walk to each attraction to get a fastpass. You still have that option if you don't want to pay $10 per ticket. On several of my Disneyland trips since MaxPass rolled out, I have been on 10+ attractions in a day on several occasions with just the MaxPass system (not including non-fastpass attractions).

I understand that each system has its positives and negatives. I just think Annual Passholders at WDW need some benefits to try and get a Flight of Passage FP or a Slinky Dog Dash FP. Now, I have been able to get Flight of Passage day-of on many occasions, but I refreshed the fastpass portion of the MDE app about 100 times before getting it.

I think it would be fair if people staying on property still had 60 days out, and AP holders had 45 days out. Then those coming and staying off-property would still be at 30 days out. Now, hard to get fastpasses would probably be gone by the time 45 days out comes around.

I really just wish that they held some passes back for day or week of guests. I rarely know I'm going more than a couple weeks out, sometimes only days out. For those couple of hard to book rides, they should hold back say 10% of the passes for booking that morning. But even with the current system, I can frequently get 10+ fastpasses everyday on big rides usually, just not the new ones.

I am surprised this is just now showing up. It’s been the topic of discussion for at least three weeks on the AKL Resort thread. People are not at all pleased, especially those who rented DVC. I feel badly for them. They are going to let guests use the Kidani pool, and from what I understand, it’s pretty much an equivalent pool.

As far as I know, either pool is always available to guests at either resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter