News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume they are low on attendance as well. I received a pin code from Disney, approximately 2 weeks ago, good only in the month of June.

Sorry about the double quote. I don’t know what I did. Lol

That pin code apparently extends until August. I think we probably got the same one and I called them about it.

Sorry this is kind of off topic but I think some people in here might have good suggestions. Does anyone have a good 9 old men book recommendation? Going to the family museum soon and they have the special exhibit. I want to read up on them.

While you specifically asked for a book, and this is not a book.
The following 16 minute video talked about animators and different styles and I found it pretty interesting:

Narrated by Walt, the four animators all approach a tree and paint that tree using thier own personal style. The idea that each had thier own viewpoint, but contributed instead to the needs of the story when working on a film somehow resonates in the modern work environment today.

I like the idea of giving APs a limited number of days in a year (maybe 10) where they can make reservations at 70 days out. It guarantees them the ability to book hard to get FP a reasonable number of times, but doesn't allow it often enough to affect resort guests ability to get them. And it would cost Disney zilch, and add a lot of value to an AP.

Personally, If I was an local AP holder and knew my plans 60 days in advance, I would book a room before the 60 day mark, make my FP+, and then cancel the room after the 30 day mark. I'm sure people do this now, and my guess is if it were to become a problem Disney would make some sort of change to the system, but when the system sucks - you gotta play the system.

Personally, If I was an local AP holder and knew my plans 60 days in advance, I would book a room before the 60 day mark, make my FP+, and then cancel the room after the 30 day mark. I'm sure people do this now, and my guess is if it were to become a problem Disney would make some sort of change to the system, but when the system sucks - you gotta play the system.

I had two reservations for April and when I canceled one between 60 and 30 days, it said all fast passes tied to the reservation would be canceled. So I think Disney may have closed this loop hole already.

I had two reservations for April and when I canceled one between 60 and 30 days, it said all fast passes tied to the reservation would be canceled. So I think Disney may have closed this loop hole already.

But did the FP+ get cancelled? I think that message has been around for a while. I saw it last fall when I had two reservations, but the FP+ didn't actually cancel because I was in a valid 60 day FP+ window.

But did the FP+ get cancelled? I think that message has been around for a while. I saw it last fall when I had two reservations, but the FP+ didn't actually cancel because I was in a valid window.

No, but I did have the other reservation which was the same window. So like you I had a reservation that would cover the FP. I would bet if I didn't, they would disappear.

D'oh! They beat me to it! Good thing we always stay on site - I've never tried this technique, just figured it would work.

News

Tune in to the Tony Awards this Sunday, June 10th, at 8/7c on CBS to see the cast of Frozen: The Broadway Musical perform at the Tony Awards!

Frozen is nominated for 3 Tony Awards which are Best Musical, Best Original Score, and Best Book of a Musical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter