• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

i don't know if this has been widely reported yet, but i heard from a magic kingdom tour guide that epcot's guardians of the galaxy is going over not only the universe of energy, but wonders of life, as well. it seems to make sense given that they're in close proximity and the wonders of life area is prime space that isn't used to its fullest extent, but can anyone confirm if that's the case?

i don't know if this has been widely reported yet, but i heard from a magic kingdom tour guide that epcot's guardians of the galaxy is going over not only the universe of energy, but wonders of life, as well. it seems to make sense given that they're in close proximity and the wonders of life area is prime space that isn't used to its fullest extent, but can anyone confirm if that's the case?
Not the case. The coaster building will be built behind UoE. Wonders will remain as is for now.

I also miss the area they had upstairs. I know part of it is used for a DVC lounge - but supposedly they still have the rainbow bridge and stuff up there just walled off.

I would love if for the 50th of WDW or failing that the 40th of EPCOT they redo this pavilion and bring back the Dreamfinder and Figment meet and greet and open up that upstairs area. Even if they wind up making the main ride Inside Out themed (as there have been rumors) make the upstairs focused on Figment and creativity and stuff like that

I would be so happy if they'd reopen that upstairs area and take it back to it's original glory. That was my favorite pavilion when I went as a kid. We'd literally spend hours in there. I would dream about that rainbow tunnel. The current ride and pavilion is such a shell of its former self, and what's silly, especially with the upstairs portion, is it could be a pretty easy space to make better.

Notification to Walt Disney Co. shareholders of the upcoming annual meeting:

"The 2018 Annual Meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company will be held at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, 800 Bagby Street, Houston, Texas 77002, on Thursday, March 8, 2018, beginning at 10:00 a.m.

Shareholders of record of Disney common stock (NYSE: DIS) at the close of business on January 8, 2018, are entitled to vote at the meeting and any postponements or adjournments of the meeting. The items of business and the recommendations of the Board of Directors are described in the proxy materials. "

. . . . .and in case anyone's interested, the 2017 annual report to shareholders: https://ditm-twdc-us.storage.googleapis.com/2017-Annual-Report.pdf

My teenage self just got excited at this. I always wanted to have Conway 96 put on the back of my 96-97 season ducks sweater but as a poor college student never did.

There had been rumbling of another movie a year or two ago. I wonder if this is what's coming from that instead.

I’d bet that this ends up on the Disney SVOD service.

News

The 2018 Oscar Award nominees have just been announced and we’re happy to share that several Disney and Pixar films have received nominations!

Best Animated Feature Film: Disney Pixar’s Coco

Original Song: Remember Me ~ Disney Pixar’s Coco

Visual Effects: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Original Score: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Best Animated Short Film: Disney Pixar’s Lou

Sound Mixing: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Sound Editing: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Costume Design: Beauty and the Beast

Production Design: Beauty and the Beast

The 2018 Oscar Awards will once again be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and will air live on ABC on Sunday, March 4, 2018.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ms-have-been-nominated-for-2018-oscar-awards/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter