News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. I have vouchers that are good til 2030 Dec 31. Is there a chance those would be blocked out when Galaxy's Edge open?

Probably something with the contract or Disney wanted them out.

How busy have they been lately? I know I've seen less parasailers than I normally do, but can't say I've been looking for them so could just be they were still there and I didn't see them.

Water skiing, I saw a few of last time I rented the little boats.

I'd assume it's related to the gator incident, but I feel like we would've had more notice if it was the contract expiring and Disney not renewing. And if Disney was pushing them out for that reason, it would've happened closer to the incident. So not enough interest would be my main guess. But I don't stay in those hotels so maybe it's busier than I've seen.

How busy have they been lately? I know I've seen less parasailers than I normally do, but can't say I've been looking for them so could just be they were still there and I didn't see them.

Water skiing, I saw a few of last time I rented the little boats.

I'd assume it's related to the gator incident, but I feel like we would've had more notice if it was the contract expiring and Disney not renewing. And if Disney was pushing them out for that reason, it would've happened closer to the incident. So not enough interest would be my main guess. But I don't stay in those hotels so maybe it's busier than I've seen.
That is also a good point. I never noticed them when I was at Bay Lake Tower in January but it was also about 40 degrees outside so people probably don't want to do water sports in that.

We stay at BLT for minimum 11 days a year, in the summer last three years. Never even considered Sammy Duvalls. Did it have a lot of takers? Not sure the last time I noticed much activity there...

Must admit that this gets asked about in every survey after our stays... did we know about it (yes) and did we use it (nope).

Last edited:
Not sure if there was any discussion about this earlier on (I’ve been lacking keeping up on this thread) but I saw an article the DIS posted yesterday about a potential spaceship earth revamp? Any chatter on what that would entail?

Edit: found the WDW news today link in the Epcot construction thread. I’m really hoping they add scenes back to the down ramp and nix the cartoon on the screens

I hope it's not true since we haven't gotten to go to it yet! Trying to convince my family to go during our January trip next year!
We have yet to do the HDDR but did a dinner show at Disneyland in 2013 that seems very similar from what I can tell. Is the Disneyland show indeed similar to HDDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter