News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wont push food and Wine back, its also happens during the time of year where Disney also seems to have alot more conference business guest group reservations. Food and Wine will happen when it currently does, After all the second half of the skyliner connects to Epcot.

The last few years (2?) food and wine started in August. I just doubt they will start it the same weekend Galaxy edge opens, so I’m thinking after Labor Day this year.
I don’t think that will matter much. Maybe they’ll change it but they also want to even out crowds across all the parks so it’s possible they do have it that weekend. They need to absorb the people.

They wont push food and Wine back, its also happens during the time of year where Disney also seems to have alot more conference business guest group reservations. Food and Wine will happen when it currently does, After all the second half of the skyliner connects to Epcot.

I don’t think that will matter much. Maybe they’ll change it but they also want to even out crowds across all the parks so it’s possible they do have it that weekend. They need to absorb the people.

Also true... Im just waiting for the dates now....

I agree food and wine won’t start later. They want to get that money in from the Labor Day crowd (and now galaxys edge crowd). I’m thinking skyliner will have to open a few weeks before the 29th. I can’t imagine they want to work out the kinks on opening day.

I dont think there are issues per say, other than that it is the longest attraction Disney has ever done, and its trackless, with multiple floors, I suspect just getting everything in sync and the on site programing is taking time. Yes they pre program these rides based off of specs for the ride before its built, but once a ride is built there are always things that may have been installed a bit different then the preprogram so there are issues that need to be worked out. I dont think its anything large other than the ride is just a bit different then any other trackless system they have installed before

I think they are just staggering crowds they wont announce a second day until people have booked for this opening day before they announce the opening of the full land.

The last few years (2?) food and wine started in August. I just doubt they will start it the same weekend Galaxy edge opens, so I’m thinking after Labor Day this year.

Epcot starts having 10pm closures on Friday August 30 and Saturday August 31, isn't that something they usually do during F&W? I can't see past that week, but prior weeks have 9pm closes.

Interesting timing on SWGE. I wonder if there would be any additional effects of that opening date for the rest of August?

Less crowds?
Additional discounts on hotel rooms?

I wouldn't mind adding an extra day or two with a split stay if there is a deal to be had.

I wonder how long before Disney announces plans for Star Wars land to be In DLP with there addition to there Studios and how long it takes to make it over to the Asian Market

I wonder how long before Disney announces plans for Star Wars land to be In DLP with there addition to there Studios and how long it takes to make it over to the Asian Market
Star Wars was already announced as part of their Studios expansion.

honestly I am glad they are not having FP to start with. Just make everyone wait - otherwise the standby line would be ridiculous if they followed the typical percentages of how many FP riders vs standby riders

for what was described, experiencing the queue is almost part of the story of the ride too
If there is no FP, then wait times will be better. Specifically since they will only let the land fill to capacity. Problem will be that you will probably wait 3 hours to enter the land and then 2-3 hours on line.

Star Wars was already announced as part of their Studios expansion.

Well I guess i missed that, lol not surprising though, I know Star Wars isnt as big In Asia but i still expect one of the three parks to try and get it purely for the ride factor if not the themeing

If there is no FP, then wait times will be better. Specifically since they will only let the land fill to capacity. Problem will be that you will probably wait 3 hours to enter the land and then 2-3 hours on line.
Better that IMO than having people get around that with the very very very few people who will have the stars align and FPs made for it. And it would have been the same thing if there had been a TS place and ADRs got you into the land.

I wonder if they will do what they did for HP and have a return ticket time for later on in the day when Hogsmeade for instance reached capacity. That way you could still do other stuff and just come back to enter after X time. I don't know if they did that all the time but I know they did that for at least some of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter