News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on Twitter there's a lot of speculation about what's happening with Rise and that won't end until they announce an opening date. If there are indeed issues, I'm curious about what's happening, there's been talk about how ambitious it is but I don't recall any rumors about problems over there and the previews made it seem like they're making really good progress.

I may be making too many assumptions but I haven't heard anything at all about any issues/delays and only that testing was going well, so my assumption is that it isn't really delayed or anything, just will be the last thing done and they knew they could get the rest of the land done earlier so pull a few people off of that to ensure the land is open early and then you get the added benefit of 2 opening days

So at Disneyland, rather than scramble to ensure it is all ready by the end of June, you don't need to push as much there, have the rest of the land open May 31st and then open that in August or whatever (or maybe later if you need a 2nd bump)

I know I'm probably the only person interested about this, but I was really excited for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening potentially in time for my September 7-14th trip. Was there any indication of opening date for that today, or just SWGE? It seemed to me that it was going to be open ahead of SWGE from everything we've been told, so wondering if it's still going to happen.

No MMRR news from the meeting.

I know I'm probably the only person interested about this, but I was really excited for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening potentially in time for my September 7-14th trip. Was there any indication of opening date for that today, or just SWGE? It seemed to me that it was going to be open ahead of SWGE from everything we've been told, so wondering if it's still going to happen.

no mention of it, but if anything I think that means MMRR could be open early August or so as I can't imagine doing the grand opening for that on like Oct 1st when still in the craziness of opening month of GE

I dont think there are issues per say, other than that it is the longest attraction Disney has ever done, and its trackless, with multiple floors, I suspect just getting everything in sync and the on site programing is taking time. Yes they pre program these rides based off of specs for the ride before its built, but once a ride is built there are always things that may have been installed a bit different then the preprogram so there are issues that need to be worked out. I dont think its anything large other than the ride is just a bit different then any other trackless system they have installed before

I thought they did DAS for rides that don't have FP. Do they not?

They do! But most rides just send us through the Fastpass line when it’s our time.

Thanks for all the answers! We will be there opening weekend and if it’s not announced, I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

no mention of it, but if anything I think that means MMRR could be open early August or so as I can't imagine doing the grand opening for that on like Oct 1st when still in the craziness of opening month of GE
Yeah I was thinking of basically losing the "grand opening" feel of the ride if it somehow came post SWGE.

They want to get ahead of crowds. It may only be a couple weeks of Falcon only.
That would be nice. Phrasing "later in the year" doesn't make me think weeks though. Maybe it's just how they phrase it. But if it was weeks later why wouldn't you just open it up all at once. I understand crowds but weeks ain't going to be all that much different. For both DLR and WDW if it was weeks later they would still be within the timeframe they already mentioned so why even open at that time rather than wait the several weeks is my thought.

That would be nice. Phrasing "later in the year" doesn't make me think weeks though. Maybe it's just how they phrase it. But if it was weeks later why wouldn't you just open it up all at once. I understand crowds but weeks ain't going to be all that much different. For both DLR and WDW if it was weeks later they would still be within the timeframe they already mentioned so why even open at that time rather than wait the several weeks is my thought.
It’s all about working the crowds. Disney knows how big this will be. Resorts are already selling out.

My guess is rise is on time, but not early. I'd guess they'll keep pushing, but don't want to announce a firm date they aren't confident in hitting.
I think opening early is a huge success considering recent disney projects, even if partially open.

Though a certain part of me thinks of Scotty on Star Trek....I'm giving her all she's got captain(when he knows he has more reserve). This could have been the date if everything goes to plan, and giving the cushion of the later date as a safety measure. I think Rivers of Light might have taught them that lesson.

The side benefit is I think it will firm up early fall and late summer reservations. It might spread the crowds a bit as some won't come unless the whole land is early. While others will have to be there the second phase 1 opens.

It sure will be interesting. Thinking out loud I'm almost wondering if they open the gates early-ish and bring people in to line up to the land maybe in large groups in waves so there can be better control. OR if they only have certain tapstiles open to force a more orderly line and then let people in waves, etc. The land will reach capacity that's for sure. Letting people decide for themselves just how they will get to the land would be a really bad decision on Disney's part. At least for Star Wars they know they need more CMs on duty but I have a feeling those CMs will be just so overwhelmed it may not even make any difference having more.

definitely will need to do something with directing the crowd in towards Galaxy's Edge vs just opening the gates/dropping the rope and people make a mad dash

Could definitely see them letting people in early and have them line up (maybe open up Baseline Taphouse to sell them some early morning liquid courage) outside of the gates to GE

I do think they want that opening moment when people first get to go in as a group to be impactful

I wonder if they will hold off Rise at Disneyland until after the land opening at WDW - this way both have the land before either gets the 2nd ride vs like 2 "grand openings" at Disneyland before WDW has any

Any word on if the entire land will be open and just "ROTR" will be the only part not accessible?

It’s all about working the crowds. Disney knows how big this will be. Resorts are already selling out.
But what I'm saying is if you're telling me it could be weeks..weeks aren't going to be different for crowds. I def. understand crowds..believe me I do..but that makes less sense if it's that close to be opening for them to be doing it explictly due to crowds. Months later yes I understand that, weeks later just doesn't make as much sense in my mind if it's due to crowds. Unless you're expecting some significant adjustment in crowds in several weeks time.

*Didn't see the 'move to the other thread' til after. Feel free to respond to me on the other thread if you'll like to.

But what I'm saying is if you're telling me it could be weeks..weeks aren't going to be different for crowds. I def. understand crowds..believe me I do..but that makes less sense if it's that close to be opening for them to be doing it explictly due to crowds. Months later yes I understand that, weeks later just doesn't make as much sense in my mind if it's due to crowds. Unless you're expecting some significant adjustment in crowds in several weeks time.

*Didn't see the 'move to the other thread' til after. Feel free to respond to me on the other thread if you'll like to.
I understand what you’re saying. I think they know RotR won’t be ready for that date but everything else will so instead of waiting they are going to open and then have RotR open when it’s ready.

Two things I’m waiting on now, food and wine dates and Mickey and Minnie’s railway dates...

Thinking they may push Food and Wine back till after Labor Day?

Railway I’m thinking early August.

Thoughts?
What do you mean moving food and wine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter