News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does it compare to the first movie and what did your kids think about it?

So it was a less "tight" story than the first but some elements were rather good. Lots of fun scenes and they managed to make Olaf funny without being annoying again. Some really beautiful animation.

Some really funny bits but the character's quirks were exaggerated a bit more

Some solid songs too (I actually liked Elsa 2nd song in this better than "into the unknown")

Overall my kids really liked it - though not sure if anything it it will be a hit like "Let it Go" was. My youngest (who is 5) did get scared at a few points

So it was a less "tight" story than the first but some elements were rather good. Lots of fun scenes and they managed to make Olaf funny without being annoying again. Some really beautiful animation.

Some really funny bits but the character's quirks were exaggerated a bit more

Some solid songs too (I actually liked Elsa 2nd song in this better than "into the unknown")

Overall my kids really liked it - though not sure if anything it it will be a hit like "Let it Go" was. My youngest (who is 5) did get scared at a few points
Thanks for your review!

I'll eventually see the movie but I wanted to say I think because people weren't expecting Let it Go to become so big I think it's going to be really hard to get close to that. Let it go has just immersed itself in everyday things at this point lol. Seldom, IMO, do Disney or Pixar songs do that these days to that degree.

I also really enjoyed Frozen II. I liked the story better than the first one but the songs were definitely not as catchy as the first one. They were good, I just don't foresee anyone going around singing them like the first movie.

Well, my wife and I have been singing Kristoff's song - but might be more due to how it was presented in the movie vs the actual song.

Not really sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but last night Stephen Colbert wrapped up his week of highlights from his recent trip to New Zealand. There were several shots of him in a helicopter flying over New Zealand and the music playing in the background for those flight shots was the Soarin' music.

I also really enjoyed Frozen II. I liked the story better than the first one but the songs were definitely not as catchy as the first one. They were good, I just don't foresee anyone going around singing them like the first movie.
I'm not positive but didn't it take a while for the songs from the first movie to really become popular or were they top hits before the movie was released? Sometimes, at least for me, I have to hear a song a few times before I decide it's a favorite. I haven't heard the music from Frozen II but I'm going to go listen now :)
Rats. We haven't allotted time for Disney Springs next month. Without a car I just feel like it takes way to long to get there, explore, then bus back to the resort. Dh and I did this in September on two days but we had time to spare during that trip.

I thought Frozen II was good. I also felt the story was better, but of course nothing in it musically will be at the level of Let It Go in popularity - but there's an argument that nothing before or since has been. That song (famously) changed the planned plot of that movie and became ubiquitous both inside and outside of the Disney-sphere (and parks). Through that lens, that song also changed the direction of Disney Animation - I don't know that Jennifer Lee is head of Animation Studios without the phenomenon that was Frozen.

I also think that the change in direction was pretty evident in the story being kind of weird and choppy and never feelinf "right." The interaction with Anna and Kristoff and adding Olaf was the real charm of that movie, and I felt the Elsa story in 1 was a bit lacking in direction. I came away from that first one disliking their parents and finding Elsa kind of annoying. The shorts since have helped though.

Frozen 2, I thought, lacked some of that aforementioned fun and charm, but it was much more evident that there was a clear story and direction that they had from the start and that they knew who the characters were better this time. While the story itself was arguably darker and a bit more, say, emotional (I'd argue a lot of the first one was actually pretty dark, but that darkness was kind of glossed over), I thought it was a good story, and, of course, extremely well made.

Yeah I agree with others on here that Frozen 2 was pretty good. I liked it just as much as the first one, and am happy to have some new songs to have to listen to now. As others have said they weren’t as good, but show yourself was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter