News Round Up 2020

I figured that hotel would go poof. I wonder if the BBQ restaurant in TSL will go away, too?

for some things it is hard to know how far along they are if they are largely just left to do work inside so hard to know with that one. I could see it at least being delayed until they know how quickly the crowds come back once they reopen.

for some things it is hard to know how far along they are if they are largely just left to do work inside so hard to know with that one. I could see it at least being delayed until they know how quickly the crowds come back once they reopen.

I have a bad feeling about Space 220, also. I see that being delayed for sure.

This should put to bed rumors about EPCOT not reopening with the rest of the parks. If that was going to happen, Disney wouldn't be directing limited funds toward finishing two projects in that park.

I think that was a silly rumor to begin with, but yes I agree with you. I do think some of that overhaul is going bye bye, though. Will we even see Harmonious this year? Will be interesting to watch it all play out!

That one I can see them finishing as it was supposed to open rather soon anyways. It’s also not a huge massive addition like a land or significant attraction.

Yeah but I can see it being a delayed opening. It was already having issues.

This should put to bed rumors about EPCOT not reopening with the rest of the parks. If that was going to happen, Disney wouldn't be directing limited funds toward finishing two projects in that park.

well, one of the ways I saw the rumor was that EPCOT wouldn't open with the rest of the parks to allow them to finish things like whatever they do for the spine project, for Guardians, and for Rat - so only a few months, not like years or something.

Not saying I really think that will happen, but not sure this report means that EPCOT openign couldn't be delayed a bit more than the others while they finish these projects

That one seemed pretty far along and they might want it as a draw to get people into EPCOT - seemed to be a lot of interest around it

Though that one is being operated by the Patina group, so I wonder how they are doing financially and that might impact things as much as what Disney would want to do with it

I figured that hotel would go poof. I wonder if the BBQ restaurant in TSL will go away, too?

I thought they were pretty far along with both restaurants. I would guess it will all depend on how many people show up when they reopen.

Space is pretty much ready to open (I thought), the issue seemed to be with the menu. Woody’s has an easy menu, but the building isn’t done.

I can only hope they defund Reflections. It seems like the gods get angry every time they try and plan something to overshadow Fort Wilderness.

It’s definitely getting delayed, but it’s still coming in some form. I think they’ll wait and see how Riviera is selling once they reopen. They need to have another DVC to sell whenever Riviera sells out, unless they want to add more DVC to Poly or something.

I guess this means Spaceship Earth’s rehab is delayed indefinitely. The ride still works and it’s safe. No reason to spend money.

Primeval Whirl stays SBNO on non-party nights until they run out of parts again.

I’m really curious as to what’s going to happen to the Play pavilion. That thing has been an empty space forever and I’d hate to see it remain empty. The concept didn’t seem to be too ambitious, so maybe it will still happen in some form or maybe it becomes an event space again.

I’m guessing that the refurb projects at the All-Stars will be effected. Movies is done, Music is pretty far along and Sports hasn’t started. They’ll probably finish up the buildings that they’re working on at Music and the rest may depend on if they already purchased additional fixtures or not. I do think it will get done eventually since the All-Stars are always full and the non-refurbished rooms are extremely dated.

On the bight side, Muppet Vision 3D and Voyage of the Little Mermaid are safe for many more years.

I thought they were pretty far along with both restaurants. I would guess it will all depend on how many people show up when they reopen.

Space is pretty much ready to open (I thought), the issue seemed to be with the menu. Woody’s has an easy menu, but the building isn’t done.

It’s definitely getting delayed, but it’s still coming in some form. I think they’ll wait and see how Riviera is selling once they reopen. They need to have another DVC to sell whenever Riviera sells out, unless they want to add more DVC to Poly or something.

I guess this means Spaceship Earth’s rehab is delayed indefinitely. The ride still works and it’s safe. No reason to spend money.

Primeval Whirl stays SBNO on non-party nights until they run out of parts again.

I’m really curious as to what’s going to happen to the Play pavilion. That thing has been an empty space forever and I’d hate to see it remain empty. The concept didn’t seem to be too ambitious, so maybe it will still happen in some form or maybe it becomes an event space again.

I’m guessing that the refurb projects at the All-Stars will be effected. Movies is done, Music is pretty far along and Sports hasn’t started. They’ll probably finish up the buildings that they’re working on at Music and the rest may depend on if they already purchased additional fixtures or not. I do think it will get done eventually since the All-Stars are always full and the non-refurbished rooms are extremely dated.

On the bight side, Muppet Vision 3D and Voyage of the Little Mermaid are safe for many more years.

Just because it's defunded, doesn't mean it's cancelled.

Once the revenue starts streaming again, I'd expect nearly every project to resume. Especially all the big ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter