News Round Up 2020

I'm fine with masks .. but the sheer amount of plexiglass in most stores/restaurants (and now rides) is getting pretty silly. Especially when most people lean around it (on both sides of the counter) so they can actually HEAR each other.

That being said, if this means they will cram more people in ride vehicles to get people through the queue .. plexiglass away (in the short term)! I don't think anyone wants to wait an hour plus wait on attractions when the parks aren't really crowded.

You'd think that one of the two things (social distancing in queues or increased vehicle capacity) need to change before they increase capacity (limited capacity in ride vehicles or social distancing in the queues). If not, don't increase capacity, because the lines will just be crazy.

At least there still is no FP :)
I'm generally fine with them doing what they can to mitigate risks etc. I did find the clear plastic on kilimanjaro safari and living with the land especially annoying. Makes it very difficult to see ahead especially if there is any glare. Hoping those are the first things gone, when this pandemic subsides.

Cedar Fair Rumor

Cedar Fair is supposedly considering not reopening California’s Great America and relocating some of it’s rides. If true, this would be the industry’s biggest casualty for the year. Very much an unconfirmed rumor.

Cedar Fair Rumor

Cedar Fair is supposedly considering not reopening California’s Great America and relocating some of it’s rides. If true, this would be the industry’s biggest casualty for the year. Very much an unconfirmed rumor.
I'm a bit surprised if that's the case as the rumor has been that that was one of parks they were going to invest in. It would be sad to see it go.

I'm a bit surprised if that's the case as the rumor has been that that was one of parks they were going to invest in. It would be sad to see it go.
It’s sits on some very valuable land. Of all their parks, I find it the least surprising, only Knotts has a good location and it’s their highest earner. The smaller parks wouldn’t get much by selling off. And they did try to sell the park for about $70 million only a few years ago. I’m still highly skeptical though.

It's super sad but I just don't know what Disney could have done if these weren't going to come back any time soon (and if they could get the crowds to offset the added cost)
I agree to an extent. The cuts/layoffs did not need to be this bad. Obviously Disneyland not being open doesn't help but Disney could also open some of these things if they wanted. Something like Laugh Floor could be done. An outdoor theater like BatB could also be utilized. DHS is a park that really needs it too. You have the terrible optics of Disney executives making millions as well.

Is the Entire Cast & Crew of “Festival of the Lion King” and “Finding Nemo – The Musical” Laid Off at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? And, the "Citizens of Hollywood", too?

I agree to an extent. The cuts/layoffs did not need to be this bad. Obviously Disneyland not being open doesn't help but Disney could also open some of these things if they wanted. Something like Laugh Floor could be done. An outdoor theater like BatB could also be utilized. DHS is a park that really needs it too. You have the terrible optics of Disney executives making millions as well.

Yes, they definitely should have not reinstated the exec pay like they did - at least for the most senior people.

I just gotta think that the data they have (which we don't have access to) is showing them that it just doesn't make sense to run those shows. I just can't imagine they said "well, we could bring the shows back, but screw them!"

Yes, they definitely should have not reinstated the exec pay like they did - at least for the most senior people.

I just gotta think that the data they have (which we don't have access to) is showing them that it just doesn't make sense to run those shows. I just can't imagine they said "well, we could bring the shows back, but screw them!"
Again I don't disagree but at the same time what about Frozen? They brought that back. Festival of the Lion King is rated higher than that. I know DHS needs things to do as well but it hasn't helped that much either in terms of waits. Like I mentioned an open air option like BatB I think would do even more good for that park.

What a loss, gotta think it will be at least 6-9 months at least before they can run those shows again if they have to hire new cast and crew. Any word whether those are permanent or temporary closures?

Again I don't disagree but at the same time what about Frozen? They brought that back. Festival of the Lion King is rated higher than that. I know DHS needs things to do as well but it hasn't helped that much either in terms of waits. Like I mentioned an open air option like BatB I think would do even more good for that park.

It would, though they tried that orchestra thing and reports were it was generally super empty

I don't know, the Frozen thing is puzzling but I assume much offer "bang for the buck" with that one

I think it's more distancing for the performers than for the audience. The 5 people on stage for Frozen can stay apart. Nemo and Lion King would be hard to stage 6 feet apart.

It would, though they tried that orchestra thing and reports were it was generally super empty

I don't know, the Frozen thing is puzzling but I assume much offer "bang for the buck" with that one
I would think it is fairly safe to say a property like BatB would do better than the orchestra. No offense to them but that wasn't something I would exactly spend a lot of time seeing either.

Cedar Fair Rumor

Any idea if they actually own the land or if it is leased? That land is probably worth a fortune, and IIRC that wasn't really a booming park even in normal times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter