Next SW release watch???

bubba's mom

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko
Are we all going to be on the lookout :magnify: for the next date release from Southwest?? They are accepting ressies's thru June 9th right now and I remember last year what fun we all had watching for the next release!! Anyone here remember?? The rumor turned out to be true, and we were able to get our times (well, sorta...stayed an extra day cuz it was cheaper!!) I even believe it got a "sticky" last year from the MOD........ anyone on the bandwagon with me???

Sign me up. Nothing I enjoy more than being a slave to schedule release dates ( ie... AP & Southwest).

i watch that and the car rental rates, i check the rates 3-4 time a day sounds crazy but in 2004 i saved over 150 bucks due to the rates dropping. i want a good ding, wonder when they will send one out for dec

TheWeasel said:
Sign me up. Nothing I enjoy more than being a slave to schedule release dates ( ie... AP & Southwest).

:rotfl2: ......me too!

Thanks...i figured there was a thread somewhere.....i wrote down the date it opened for the "summer" travel (after early june)...but, i'd have to go look it up. it is early/mid Feb.

I remember the fun we had last year and thought I'd start another "watch" thread!!!

Thanks for the info...er, link! :teeth:

I need June 24 - 30. I have DING downloaded on my home computer, but can't have it on my work computer. Is there any kind DISBoards member who has DING or like me, constantly checking SWA website for the new release date who can email me at work as soon as the new dates open up? PM me for my email. Thanks!

bubba's mom said:
.....i wrote down the date it opened for the "summer" travel (after early june)...but, i'd have to go look it up. it is early/mid Feb.

Bump... :banana: AND just looked last year's date up! Feb. 17th was when SW released the summer rates..... thinking about getting Airtran NOW for trip down, and SW coming home....dunno what to do?

bubba's mom said:
Bump... :banana: AND just looked last year's date up! Feb. 17th was when SW released the summer rates..... thinking about getting Airtran NOW for trip down, and SW coming home....dunno what to do?

I'm thinking about this option too! I've even checked flights out of BWI instead of PHL, and they are cheaper and I like the departure time better. But I don't want to return to BWI, but would rather PHL. I've been waiting (impatiently I might add) for Southwest to open the flights past 6/9. We are currently expected to arrive at Pop Century on 6/11.

iNTeNSeBLue98 said:
I've even checked flights out of BWI instead of PHL, and they are cheaper and I like the departure time better.

I always think about that...but, we take the absolute very first flight down in the morning and sleep at the Renaissance hotel near the airport the night before.....so, we are both work the day we leave. We go to work, come home and eat, finish throwing stuff together and head for the hotel. It's already a long day and by the time we get settled, it's 10 or 11pm...(w/o driving more than an hour) and we get up at 4:15am to get to airport and settle in for that 7am flight! (Which, is awesome....at the parks by 10:30 or 11am!! :cool1: )

:bored: ......still waiting :rolleyes1 should be within the next week or so......

SW announced another systemwide sale either late in day yesterday or this morning so if they follow true to form....they should be releasing dates up until sometime in August within the next few days.

I stole this from another thread here on the board (Ding History Thread). There was a link in the thread to a FlyerTalk Forum FAQ about SW Airlines and their release dates. Here is the info:

TIP #1
Last 2 Years:
2004 - Released on Feb 13th for flights thru August 7th
2005 - Released on Feb 18th for flights thru August 3rd
Both of those days were Fridays.

TIP #2
When the current sale is "through the end of the schedule" rather than a specific date. Well....the current sale as of today is "through the end of the schedule" and the booking dates for this sale end at Midnight on February 9th. That is a Thursday night.

TIP #3
When the current schedule drop down to the 112-135 day range the schedule is usually extended to the 150-177 day range. As of today, the open schedule is 128 days (02/01/06 to 06/09/06). As of February 10th, it will be 119 days. In 2004, the extension came at 119 days. In 2005, the extension came at 107 days.

The FAQ also goes on to say that the schedule is usually extended on a Thursday morning at around 10am Central....but, the dates listed show that for the last 2 years....the schedule was extended on a Friday.

To sum up all of this....I think we a very close to the schedule being extended. Using the information list above, I would say that SW will extend the schedule no later than February 10th. I say that because it has been extended on a Friday for the past 2 years and the current sale will end on the Thursday, February 9th.

Of course, we are already in that 112-135 day range in which they usually extend the schedule....so, we can't count out this week either.

Hope this helps.....that schedule extension should be coming very soon!

Speed :teleport:

Should I sign up to ding, or just watch SW like a hawk? Will the ding fares be better? Are the ding flights a bit riskier? Can you book r/t with ding?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter