Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

Great updates. Great morning at Hollywood Studios!

Love to read about the experience at Space 220. We didn't get to do this last summer just because we had heard some of the things you brought up about the service and the pre-fixe price. Maybe they will fix some of that in the future.

Great HS morning. It’s so nice to be able to chill after a park morning and then just stroll into EPCOT afterwards. Definitely the best bit of staying at YC/BC. We had to cancel our reservation for Space 220 last summer as someone wasn’t feeling well ( I now can’t remember who in the family that was as it was one thing after another last summer). I won’t book it in future until they’ve changed the prix fixe menu as it just wouldn’t make sense for my family of fussy eaters but I do think it looks cool.
Morgan did so well to rally this day 😊

Day Ten: Shopping our way of EPCOT

I left us off finishing 'Liner' We were all ready to go back to the room and relax for a bit. The issue? We needed to get there! So, we decided to shop our way back. It was HOT today and this would get us in and out of air conditioning.

IMG_2413
First we took a peek at the newly (at the time) revealed spaceship for Guardian's Ride. Andy was totally wishing the ride was open already.

IMG_2273
Next, we stopped in club cool. I kind of forgot it was there, it is tucked on the side. I totally dragged everyone in. No one was on board. But it ended up being a hit.

IMG_2273

IMG_2273
This is Andy trying Beverly.... needless to say he wasn't a fan.

IMG_2273
Gwen wasn't either...

IMG_2273

IMG_2273

Morgan didn't like it either but wan't nearly as disgusted
IMG_2273

None of us liked the one that everone describes as BBQ flavor, either. It was just strange!

Morgan DID like the Watermelon one, which was basically Fanta. And I really liked the Matagascar one.

This ended up being a hit!

After we snuck into Creations shop next. Gwen wanted a big footie Figment. Andy found a corksickle EPCOT cup that was one of the EPCOT construction walls.

I used mobile check out again. The check out here was more in the middle which was a little confusing. But they had all kinds of bags and stuff laid out on the table for the person checking orders which was nice. The people in front of us bought that big EPCOT cookie jar. So the guy went and wrapped it for him. Which was nice but made it less quick for us.

With purchases in had, we headed to Mexico, and around into Germany for some treats. The line wasn’t bad, so just waited. Got some to go treats.

• Gingerbread Carmel Cookie
  • Carmel Smore Cookie
  • Pretzel Chip Carmel Cookie
  • 2 bags of Caramel popcorn to take home. (
The cookies were to share later and the popcorn to take home.

Next stop was Japan, Morgan wanted to use up her last things there, with a nano block set and an anime puzzle. Gwen picked out a plush for her cousin (small hello kitty doll). Line was not long today thankfully. They were only taking cash or credit card specifically. No magic bands.

We finally headed out of the park after that. It was so SO hot. and we were all dying!

We were back in the room around 5:30. And rested for a bit. We still had plans for the evening!

Great morning in DHS. Morgan was a real trooper. I'm happy some sugar helped her along.

I've never done Space prix-fix. Danielle and I did the Lounge in 2022 and really enjoyed it. We snacked on some apps and got to experience the atmosphere. I would do the Lounge again but after your review will continue to avoid the prix-fix.

Shopping your way out of Epcot sounds great. I have a hard time not getting something from the Karamell-Kuche.

Hello Everyone!!!

Well, I have a week to finish this... Let's see what I can get through this morning.

Day Ten: Extra Evening Hours EPCOT Style

I left us off headed back to the room to rest. We all changed into our bathing suits and went to the quiet pool for a quick dip. It was super close to our room, which was nice. It was also empty! Only 1 other family.

We swam for just a little bit and headed back to the room. We all showered and relaxed.

We finally headed out for the night around 8:30.

We decided to walk all the way to Spaceship Earth and work our way back to leave for the night from World Showcase entrance.

IMG_2463
We made it to Spaceship Earth at 9:00. We scanned in and headed on to the ride ........... and it stopped.
IMG_2463

Thankfully it started up after a minute or 2. I was worried we were going to spend half of our EEH stuck!

IMG_2463

IMG_2463
I always think this guy looks like Ron Swanson...

IMG_2463
Anybody ever notice this guy?!?! This poor guy is opposite of Foxy Lady in the server room. He is totally over shadowed by her.

IMG_2463

After our ride in the golf ball, we headed to Test Track next. The fireworks had ended so everyone was spilling out. It was a sea of people! But luckily we got behind a family of 4 who was also walking with purpose and had made a path on the side going against the crowd. We just followed behind. They also made a good path across the crowd some how. And we just followed suit!

We scanned into Test Track 9:30.
IMG_2463

Morgan tried to make her car look old timey.
IMG_2463

Gwen went with her usual Purple power car.
IMG_2463

When we go to the load area, out of habit, both Morgan and I scanned our bands, and it remembered Morgan’s other car from before!

IMG_2497

IMG_2497

Gwen’s car beat Morgan by 2 points! She was very proud of herself.

We also realized that this might have been the first time riding at night!

IMG_2497
After Test Track, we headed to Mexico next. We were in the pavillion at 10:00 and it was EMPTY!!!
IMG_2497
There was no one in the Mexico pavilion! It almost felt weird!

We obviously got right on 3 Cabalerous.
IMG_2497
It was our first time of the trip, some how.

IMG_2497

After we headed to Frozen next, and managed to get over there by 10:15. It was posted as a 20 minute wait. No one wanted to wait but me... I said we would have time to still get on Remy... hopefully... we just needed to be in live by 11:00.

The line was all inside but was slow moving. Or at least at that time of night it felt slow! BUT, we were on the ride at 10:30! So, only a 15 minute wait.
IMG_2528

IMG_2528

IMG_2528

Our last stop, we Remi! But they had the path blocked to go all the way around the world showcase. So we had to back track. I personally found this SUPER annoying!

But we basically had to make the walk that way no matter what. But we made it to France at 10:50. Time to spare!

IMG_2545

IMG_2545

Morgan didn’t want to ride Remy. She didn’t like how the 3D glasses work with her glasses. I think she was just tired of walking at this point. Posted wait was 15 minute. On the ride at 11:02!

IMG_2545

Extended Evening Hours for EPCOT is tough, you have to cover a lot of ground to get all of the rides in. The rides in EPCOT also tend to be a little long. We did mostly what we wanted to do, but it was a lot of walking. I don't think I would ever do the paid event in EPCOT.

After Remy, we headed back to the room and bed! It ended up being another busy day!

Day 11! How is that possible!!!

We def decided to sleep in today after a late night and already being here for so many days.

IMG_2564
I did have rope drop 7 Drawfs but we did that already, so we didn't need to do that.

IMG_2566
Tinkerbell Gifts today were Big Thunder Mountain shirts. Andy already had one. Gwen really liked her dynamite goat shirt.

We all "slept in" I did set my alarm for 6:58 to make a LL. ANNOYING!! I ended up having to wait a bit to get a later time for Big Thunder Mountain, since we wanted to relax this morning. I finally settled on 12:35-1:35.

I tried to go back to sleep for awhile but we all eventually all woke up. Andy and I went get coffee and some breakfast from quick service and brought it back to the room.

Gwen had Mickey waffles and bacon, Morgan got a plain croissant, and I got a ham egg and cheese sandwich. Gwen ended up eating half of my ham.

I started to pack some things up, mostly dirty clothes and souvenirs. Andy took a business call while I packed some stuff and the girls relaxed.

We decided to take a swim around 10:30. By the time we got down to the pool, found a spot and all. It was almost 11 some how. The morning was slipping away. Since it was almost 11, I waited till 11 to make a second LL.

I grabbed a Splash Mountain LL for 2:05 - 3:05. Again, I was so annoyed by this whole process. It was only 5 minutes but I wanted to relax and having to pay attention to when to book and all that was just so annoying. ANYWAY....

We swam for just a short time.
IMG_2599

We head back to the room at 11:30, changed quickly and headed to buses. We got to the Bus Stop at 12:14 and were on the bus at 12:30. So, not bad timing. Waiting for a bus always seems FOREVER! am I right?

We got to MK at 12:46! Pretty good timing!

We headed directly back to Big Thunder Mountain, as our LL window was open.

We walked along the boardwalk to BTM, and found a photopass guy.
2022-04-26 - Magic Kingdom Park - Liberty Square_4
We asked if he would get the mountain in the shot but he said no, his camera was preset and he could zoom out!

We managed to get back to the ride at 1:00 and used LL. We asked for the back row since we were wearing out shirts.

The girls were happy to have the back rows...

After we found the photo pass guy over by Nugget Way.
We really wanted a good pic with our shirts and the mountain....

But... The guy wasn't the best. He kind of just took our photo with no effort. And asked us to do a cheesy pose.
This is what we got...
IMG_2624

IMG_2624
Like why? Why are we posing like this in frontierland?!?!!

We had time to kill till before Splash, so went and got Orange Swirls!
IMG_2624

Morgan went with just chocolate...
IMG_2624

And Gwen sent with raspberryIMG_2624
Can you tell that this is the point in the trip when I was tired and my photos get lazy... ha.

I was happy to get one more Orange float! We just sat in the shade in that area.

Once we were done, it was time for Splash Mountain. It was a posted 55 minute wait but we walked right on. We got in line at 2:10 - and on the ride at 2:16.
IMG_2624
We were ready to ride!

IMG_2624

IMG_2624

I love Splash Mountain. But I am also excited for the new version as well. I am just glad we got to ride it 2 more times.

I grabbed a LL for Pirates at some point, mostly because the time to come back was soon-ish and we were trying to stay on one side of the park. 3:30 - 4:30

We did have some time to kill before Pirates, so went and did Country Bears.

IMG_2657

People were lining up for the 3:00 parade, It was 2:39 so it was a bit hairy getting over and in. It was nice and air conditioned…. I am honestly not sure how that is still open.

IMG_2657

IMG_2657

We got out of the show at 2:59 and scooted over to Jungle Cruise. It was a posted 35 minute wait. So, we figured why not.

We got in line at 3:03 and were on a boat at 3:21.
IMG_2685

IMG_2657
We were on in no time, which was nice. Jungle Cruise can feel like a really long hot wait.

IMG_2657

IMG_2685

Our skipper was very funny again. There was a back up of boats at the end and I feel like that is when they have the best jokes as they get to ad lib. The Skipper asked everyone where they were from and each time said No Way, That’s where I’m from until they go to the last couple who was from NYC. And said sorry…

Parade had just started when we got in line and by the time we were off the ride the parade was done in frontierland and the line jumped up to 55 minutes! I am not sure if was actually that long just yet or what they expected it to be soon. But we timed getting on that ride pretty well!

By now it was about 3:30 and time to use our LL for Pirates next.

IMG_2685
We decided to pretend we were asleep for the photo. Morgan, didn't get the memo...

After Pirates, I tried to find a LL for later in the evening. Something to use after dinner. I was able to get Haunted Mansion for 6:55 - 7:55

We started heading out after pirates. We walked through the store on the left hand side.
IMG_2724

I made everyone go into the side street to listen to the music lessons. And then walked through the confectionery, we hadn’t been in there yet. We decided we could stop later tonight.

We headed out finally, and went to the boat dock. And took the boat over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner!
IMG_2724
This is literally the best way to get to a hotel from Magic Kingdom. We love Wilderness Lodge for this reason alone!

IMG_2724
So beautiful and calming.

Up next Dinner!

Day 11: Storybook Dinning at Artist Point with Snow White

This was Gwen's request for a meal when we were planning.

IMG_2724
We checked in and had some time to chill before our reservation time. So, we just enjoyed the lobby...
IMG_2724
Or maybe our phones.... you decide....

We didn't wait long before we got a text to be seated.

We were seated in the back corner of the restaurant. Which was fine. but it was by where the servers came in and out, so a little distracting but nothing terrible.

We had Grumpy come by fairly soon to us sitting down.
IMG_2748

IMG_2748

Gwen asked if she could “Boop” Grumpy on the nose. It was pretty funny.
IMG_2748
he didn't like it... ha

IMG_2748
This is us making our grumpy faces. Were we successful? meh...

Our drinks and apps came out fairly quickly. I could see how you might feel rushed but we don’t mind quick service.
IMG_2748
I ordered the A Brew of Peaches
Jim Beam Black Extra-aged Bourbon, Peach, Raspberry and Brûlée Demerara Sugar

This was really good. But there wasn’t alot of mixer in with the bourbon, so you better like bourbon. The sugar kind of went all the way down the glass, so you couldn’t get all of it just by drinking. I kind of had to lick the glass, which was weird. But I needed some sweet with it since it was basically just bourbon.

IMG_2748
Gwen went with the Transformation Potion
Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade, Blue Potion
It was basically just lemonade but the transformation potion was def fun. And for Gwen who doesn't like sodas, it was perfect.

IMG_2748
Morgan ordered:
Through the Forest
Wildberry, Lime Juice, Mint and Sparkling Water
It was very light in flavor. A kid might find it not sweet enough, def would be a good drink for an adult. Morgan liked it enough.

IMG_2748
And then Andy ordered the
Enchanted Apple
Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple and White Cranberry Juice
It’s basically an apple martini. He liked it. Personally think they make this drink on the small side but Andy liked it.

Our apps came out shortly after that.
IMG_2748
Apps delicious!

Wild Mushroom Bisque - Crispy Mushroom
Hunter’s Pie - Turkey and Chicken, Black Truffle, Cranberry Preserve and Crispy Sauerkraut
Wicked Shrimp Cocktail - Bloody Mary Vinaigrette, Seaweed Salad and Spiced House-made Seasoning

Mushroom bisque is amazing. We asked for more! They brought out a full set of 4 more small bowls. The waiter had no problem bringing out extras. So, if you like something ask!
IMG_2748

The Shrimp cocktail was just fine. They could def change that to something else. I didn’t eat the hunter’s pie, I let Gwen eat both of those, since she liked them.

IMG_2748
While we were enjoying our apps, Dopey came around.

IMG_2748

IMG_2748

IMG_2748
There was more "booping" happening with Dopey. Dopey liked it more than Grumpy...

IMG_2748

We were finishing up the apps when our entree came out. Perhaps a tiny bit too fast but again, we didn’t mind. We did want to go back to the park, so it was fine for us.

IMG_2748 by
Andy ordered the
Magic Mirror's Slow-braised Pork Shank
Horseradish-Mashed Potato, Wilted Greens and Jus
Waiter recommended this to Andy. And Andy loved it! It was nice and tender, and didn’t need a knife at all. And Andy and Morgan LOVED the horseradish mashed potatoes!!!

IMG_2748
Morgan and I ordered
Royal Prime Rib Roast*
Horseradish-Mashed Potato, Carrots and Jus
The Horseradish mashed potatoes were a big hit! Morgan ate all of the mashed potatoes first. The beef was good. Nice and red, just like how we like it. They didn’t give you a steak knife but the meat wasn’t quiet tender enough.

I used one of the mushroom bisques as “gravy” which was excellent! Highly recommend saving some for the meat.

IMG_2748
And Gwen got an order of mac and cheese. The waiter had no problem getting Gwen a big bowl of mac and cheese. Not sure if it was a different mac and cheese than what they would give for the kids meal or if they make an "adult" mac and cheese. But it was very good.

While we ate Snow White came over. She was very nice but I always find Snow White a bit boring.
IMG_2748

IMG_2748

IMG_2748

will say dinner was not rushed. The server waited till we were done before our desserts came out.
IMG_2748

Miner’s Treasures - Cookies 'n Cream Panna Cotta and Chocolate Gems
Fairy Tale Gooseberry Tart - Meringue and Gooseberry
“Poison” Apple - Dark Chocolate-Apple Mousse and Sour Center

We LOVE the Gooseberry Tart. Was like a tart apple pie. I think Morgan was excited for this meal JUST for the gooseberry pie.

The poison apple were surprisingly good as well, the sour center was in fact sour! I could see how someone wouldn’t like it if you didn’t like sour things.

Miner’s Treasure was good as well, It was chocolate...

IMG_2748
Perfection for me!

We asked for more Gooseberry Pies and the server was again more than willing to bring over extras. For this, he asked how many. We said 3. And it was perfect amount.

They brought over the The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen Which is a fun presentation, even if it is just chocolates. Gwen ate the chocolates.

Once you are done eating the server gave us the check and an invitation to go see the Royal Queen.
IMG_2748

Once we were all done, we headed up to meet the Queen. While we were waiting, Doopey was trying to pass by. But he was trying to sneak by,

so he shimmed by the window
IMG_2806

IMG_2806

then kind of circled around the the column
IMG_2806

IMG_2806

Kind of looked at the queen and looked away. It was really cute.
IMG_2806

Finally It was our turn to meet the Queen.

Morgan had told Gwen to use her squeeky high pitched voice with the Queen. And the Queen played right into it. Lots of looks of disdain.

IMG_2806

IMG_2806

IMG_2806

IMG_2806

As we were leaving, the Queen asked Morgan and me “Is she always like this?” Which Morgan thought was hilarious.
IMG_2806

It was another great visit here! We love the food and the Evil Queen alone makes the character interaction. We have this booked again at the end of our trip, and posting this makes me so excited for the meal!

up next... more fun in Magic Kingdom!

Great MK day so far. I'm so jealous you got to do Splash Mountain twice. I skipped it on my April 2022 trip and gave DH my LL to ride on our after Thanksgiving trip.

Your BTMRR goat shirts are perfect. Sorry your photos didn't come out better.

I really enjoyed our Artist Point dinner in 2019 and would love to go back but so far I've been out voted. I'm looking forward to your next trip there.

I love the photos of the girls with the evil Queen. Gwen looks fit to burst into giggles! Your meal looked and sounded amazing- I can see why you’re excited to go back.
Love the BTMR T-shirts. We rarely use photopass photographers because of the whole posing thing. I’m lucky if the boys in my life allow me to take their photo. I do like how you managed to line up your rides but agree with you that the whole Genie thing makes for a less relaxing trip. Looking forward to hearing how your evening In MK goes. You did pretty good at EPCOT but again why they make it harder by having you walk all the way back from Norway to France instead of just continuing through the countries is a bit mad.
Your days are flying I am really enjoying reading 😊

eat MK day so far. I'm so jealous you got to do Splash Mountain twice. I skipped it on my April 2022 trip and gave DH my LL to ride on our after Thanksgiving trip
I was really going to miss it. Funny now that it is gone, I don't miss it as much. I think it's the being far away and knowing other people can go on it. At least now no one can.. weird I know.

I really enjoyed our Artist Point dinner in 2019 and would love to go back but so far I've been out voted. I'm looking forward to your next trip there.
It's funny, our first visit was good but we kind of thought of it as a one and done thing. But then Gwen requested it and now it's a favorite of ours... Can you get the mushroom bisque at the lounge?

Your days are flying I am really enjoying reading
Sorry that I am going so fast. I think I need to finish this weekend. the week days have been so busy for me lately. I don't have time during the week. And we leave Saturday!!!

I love the photos of the girls with the evil Queen. Gwen looks fit to burst into giggles! Your meal looked and sounded amazing- I can see why you’re excited to go back
Gwen was really loving this interaction this time, for sure! the dopey thing kind of set the tone for us.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I think I need to wrap up this trip report today if I want to get it done before we leave for our next trip. I have 1 more day to get through, so we will see!
I am getting beyond excited about our trip. It's going to be hot but I am ready for a break from life and feel like I can actually enjoy myself.

Day 11: A Quick Visit to MK

After our dinner we deaded back to Magic Kingdom. We lucked out with a boat showing up as we walked up. Wilderness Lodge just trying to woo us back.... 6:40
https://flic.kr/p/2oKzwDj]IMG_2806[/url]

And we were back at MK at 7:03. It's a beautiful boat ride, but it does take a little time.

Headed to Haunted Mansion, as LL was open. We stopped and watched a little of the stage show from afar. Left before it was over.
https://flic.kr/p/2oKzwDp]IMG_2806[/url]
It's cute, When the girls were little, this was a highlight of hte trip. Now we don't even bother.

Used Haunted Mansion LL.
https://flic.kr/p/2oKx6AF]IMG_2806[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oKxRVk]IMG_2806[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oKxRVa]IMG_2806[/url]
Gwen and I tried to be sleepy again for a picture.

https://flic.kr/p/2oKz3sB]IMG_2806[/url]
Morgan and Andy... not so much.

We decided to do It’s a small world next. It was a posted 15 minutes and it we were near it... I don't think I got anything else good for LL. Maybe I had a buzz, but at this point I don't remember.
https://flic.kr/p/2oKx7yT]IMG_2858[/url]

IMG_2858

https://flic.kr/p/2oKzxDF]IMG_2858[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oKzxEc]IMG_2858[/url]
We are weird, we love small world.

After that we decided to just do people mover and head out. Morgan was def done for the night, and didn't even want to do the people mover, but I really wanted to do it at night. So, we agreed that, that would be the last ride and we would head out in order to beat the fireworks crowd.

On the way to People Mover, we stopped into Cosmic Rays to see Sonny. We never saw him before!
https://flic.kr/p/2oKzxDR]IMG_2858[/url]
Morgan thought we were crazy. Only watched him sing for a couple minutes. We always say we are going to have lunch here one time and never do.

There was no wait for the people mover. and it was Nice and relaxing last ride for MK.
https://flic.kr/p/2oKzxE7]IMG_2858[/url]
You can see how happy Morgan was to be there?

https://flic.kr/p/2oKz4t4]IMG_2858[/url]
I alwasys love this lady.

https://flic.kr/p/2oKxSSk]IMG_2858[/url]

IMG_2858
Still just happy to be there....

It was a nice ride at night, even if Morgan wasn't feeling it.

The crowd for fireworks was crazy!!! They had the secondary exit open and people were waiting there to watch. It made me really glad we had done the dessert party earlier in the week. This night would have been my other option for staying and seeing the fireworks.

We were able to get to the front fairly fast by cutting through the dessert party area and then through the secondary exit.

We snuck really quickly into the confectionery. Gwen wanted to do the make your own popcorn. So Andy did that with Gwen
IMG_2858

Gwen did Carmel Popcorn with 2 scoops of Brownie M& Ms’ and 1 Scoop marshmallows
IMG_2858

And then Morgan and I went to the dessert case in the middle of the store and picked out items.
Morgan picked out peanut butter fudge and I peanut butter m&m brownie.

We paid and headed out. It was slightly fun and slightly nerve racking, as we wanted to get our treats and make it to the bus before the fireworks were over, so we would beat the bus.

We were in and out in 5 minutes!
IMG_2858 r

We got to the bus stop just as a bus was pulling up. 9:10 We sat for just a few minutes, bus filled up a bit but not bad and we were off before the fireworks crowd showed up!

Back at the resort at 9:29.

Gwen, Andy and I took a dip in the quiet pool. There was a family that had basically set up around the hot tub like it was there house. It felt awkward getting in. So we just used the pool. Only stayed for a bit. It was actually fairly cool, so we didn’t stay too long.

Came back to the room and started packing up. :(

But we did have one last day, but we had to get everything out of the room before heading to the parks.

up next... our last day. :(

Last edited:
Final Day: HS fun?

It has finally come, our last day... We were all ready to go home I think. I mean not really but really...

I set alarm AGAIN for 6:58. But I was able to get a Slinky Dog Dash for 9:55 - 10:55. Actually a perfect time, not too early, gave us time to pack up but not too close to lunch.

We were all very tried, and I was able to sleep a little more. Morgan was up watching her iPad at 6am. This girl.... oye.

IMG_2920
Tinkerbell Gift left bags for the girls to carry any over flow items as carry on for the plane. She is a smart thinker....

IMG_2919
this was our plan for the day....

I finally got up and went down to get coffee as were completely out. And coffee was a must!

I grabbed, Hot Coffee for me in my refillable mug, iced coffee for Andy and 2 Cheshire Cat tails for the girls.
IMG_2926
Cheshire Cat tails? Yup... I mean minus the fun colored icing..

While I was out, I also scooped at the best spot for Morgan to sit and relax when we came back from the park later. She had said she didn't want to swim after lunch and just wanted to relax. So, I wanted to find a quiet spot for you to sit while we swam.
IMG_2925
the lobby has a bunch of seating areas, but I wanted to find a place with outlets also.

Andy and the girls showered and we finished packing everything up.

IMG_2928
We had an issue with housekeeping. At the time it was still like every 3 days and it seemed that every time they came we were in the room. So, this is the result.... ALOT of towels...

We brought our bags down to bell services right around 10:00.

IMG_2929
We were headed to Hollywood Studios just a little after 10!

IMG_2930

IMG_2932
Somebody was DONE with vacation. Not saying who...

IMG_2934
We made it to Hollywood Studios around 10:30.

IMG_2935

And slowly walked back to Slinky Dog.

Saw Donald and Daisy right inside the park.
IMG_2937

And then chip and dale over by brown derby.
IMG_2943
The Pixar parade was coming and they were trying to see it, it was pretty cute.

IMG_2946
We finally made it into Toy Story Land.

As we were walking over to Slinky, we noticed that Toy Story Mania was down as we walked by.

Went and rode Slinky 10:42 Very hot today...
IMG_2950

IMG_2951

IMG_2953
See, somebody got over her grumpies...

IMG_2954
when to we get to the dog bowl?

IMG_2957

2022-04-27 - Disneys Hollywood Studios - Slinky Dog Dash
Why does this picture look like we are riding at night?!?!

Up next... a few more rides?

(also, flickr just went down on me, so we will see if it comes back up soon.)

It's back!!!

Once we got off, I saw on the app that Toy story mania was back up so we walked over quickly to get in standby before it got too long. Posted 30 minutes. We walked right on.

IMG_2964
Got in line at 10:50 and on the ride at 10:54!

IMG_2966

IMG_2972

IMG_2370
We were ready to ride!

IMG_2372
Morgan got 202,800!!!! She was very excited that she was able to break the 200 mark.
IMG_2372

IMG_2984

IMG_2372
Andy got a personal best but that wasn't the headline of the ride...

We were going to try and ride again but by the time we ran to the bathroom and grabbed 2 waters it was a posted 55 minutes.

We opted to go get check out One Man’s Dream.
https://flic.kr/p/2oNknHc]IMG_2988[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oNokDa]IMG_2988[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oNokDv]IMG_2988[/url]

Checked out the pictures and models and then watched the movie.

https://flic.kr/p/2oNqnin]IMG_2988[/url]

It has never been the actual One Man’s Dream movie. Always a preview of something. So, I was actually kind of excited to watch it!

We headed over to Muppets. Gwen wanted a muppets wishable but when we got there the shop was closed.

https://flic.kr/p/2oNokYD]IMG_3009[/url]
Somebody was sad that we were going home.

We explored the area aroudn muppets.
https://flic.kr/p/2oNomcV]IMG_3011[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oNqnX8]IMG_3011[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2oNqnXd]IMG_3011[/url]
And then just checked in for lunch.

Anyway, up next... lunch!

I love your reports!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to start reading your next one and have a wonderful trip!!

I love it that you deaded over to MK for the Hsunted Mansion LL, whether intentional or not!

Last edited:
Day Whatever we are up to... Lunch! I left us off checking in for lunch.

50’s Prime Time Cafe

IMG_3016

Checked in out front at and since they said they would text us when our table was ready, we grabbed a photo with a photo pass guy standing by the lake.
IMG_3016

IMG_3016

Then went inside to wait in the lobby. Very cute. Love how it looked like living rooms. We had never been here before!

IMG_3017

IMG_3017

IMG_3017

Andy and I got drinks at the bar and sat at a couch to wait. While Morgan and Gwen had grabbed spots on the "living room floor"
IMG_3021

I went with Dad's Electric Lemonade
Dad whips up an electrifying blue drink with Vodka, Blue Curaçao, Sweet-and-Sour, and Sprite®
I have no idea why... I don't really like blue curacao. It was fine.

And Andy went with Patrón Platium Margarita
Patrón Silver Tequila, Cointreau, Lime Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour
Both were good.
IMG_3021

We waited about 15 minutes, not too long, but might have been the longest we waited all trip.

We were taken to a table and our server was great. She had just enough attitude. Had the girls take there elbows off of the table and Andy take his hat off.
IMG_3025

Morgan made sure to keep her elbows off the table the whole meal... She didn't want to get "yelled" at...

We asked the server to take out picture, and she got this picture:
IMG_3025

AAAANNNNNDD this one:
IMG_3025
Cause you know she is family too! It was hilarious.

The girls both ordered Chocolate Milk Shakes. Server told the girls, they weren’t to fill up on milk shake before there food came out. And to only have half before hand. My rule following children did just that. (seriously)

We started with some apps.
Beer-battered Onion Rings
with Horseradish Sauce
IMG_3028
These were good onion rings. Server suggested we keep the horseradish sauce. She said it goes good on everything. And it was excellent on the Salmon with my salad!

Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese
served with Raspberry Sauce and fresh fruit
IMG_3028
I loved this. Soooo good. I want to re-create at home somehow even though I don’t fry things at home. I mean what isn't there to like it was warm cheese.

Morgan wanted the Chicken Noodle Soup
Hearty mixture of Chicken, Vegetables, and Egg Noodles
IMG_3028
She said it was good. It looked like, well... Chicken Noodle Soup.

IMG_3025
I will say our table wasn't one of the cool ones with the tv right on the table. Ours was on the wall. Which was fine since Morgan and Gwen thought the shows were "weird"

The girls decided to share the
Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken
Served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables
IMG_3028

IMG_3028
They had already split up the chicken before I got a photo. It was a lot of chicken!

They both said that the fried chicken at homecomin was better but that this was really good as well. Morgan basically ate the mashed potatoes and Gwen ate the seasonal veggie which was corn. So, splitting the meal worked out well for them.

Andy went with A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes
Golden-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixin's
IMG_3028
Andy enjoyed this. Although he did say the meatloaf was a little dry. But that didn't stop him from eating all of it. ha.

Andy ordered a Diet Coke with Vanilla after he finished his drink. It was really good.

I went with the Caesar Salad with Salmon
Romaine Lettuce tossed with Caesar Dressing, Grated Parmesan, and Garlic Croutons
IMG_3028
I just wanted something not fried, so I went with the salad. It was pretty good. The Salmon was well cooked. I was very happy with this. And it was perfect for this point in the trip.

Don't worry, I made up for getting lettuce by getting a second drink
Magical Beacon Cocktail
Empress 1908 Gin, Bols Blue Curaçao, Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade, Orgeat (Almond), Lemon, Hibiscus Grenadine and a souvenir Glow Cube
This was good as well, but again so much blue caraco!

Even though the girls didn't finish all there food, the server gave them these stickers.
IMG_3028

While we ate, we talked about a game plan for the rest of the day. And we wanted to do Toy Story Mania one more time and then it was time to head out.

This meal turned out to be a surprising hit. We had avoided it for so long, based on the teasing and the food being heavier. But we really enjoyed it! We will def be back at some point.

IMG_3039
This was Gwen confused about why the kitchen looked like this...

IMG_2399
Also, did anyone else's grandparents have these?

The final installment...

After lunch, we went to use our last LL for Toy Story Mania. TSM had gone down a second time while we were eating but thankfully it was back up.
IMG_3049

Gwen had taken her milkshake to go. The Server gladly put it in a paper cup for her. But I wasn’t sure if we would be able to bring the milkshake on the ride, So, I ended up using my empty clear cup as a top to the cup and put the whole cup in my bag. (and I got my adult beverage to go as well) It worked but I was nervous I was going to end up with a bag full of milkshake.
IMG_3067
Genius?!?! Or crazy?

Rode one last time.
IMG_3055
Posted 55 minute wait but there was no one inside. Not sure if it had just gone back up and were just anticipating that wait.

Gwen and I rode together.
IMG_3055
I got 165,800, Gwen got 114,200

IMG_3055
Andy won this time with 173,800 but Morgan still has the record of highest score ever!

But after that, it was time... We slowly made our way out of the park... We poked in the shops on the way out. I ended up buying the backside of water water bottle and Gwen got another outfit for her Nimo. And grabbed 2 bags of cheese popcorn to eat at home.

There was a boat there when we got there, was able to get on.

Once back at the hotel, we got 2 of our bags from bell services. Morgan’s backpack with all her electronics. And a bags with swim suits.

Morgan found a lounge chair in the lobby and settled in to relax inside while Andy, Gwen and I changed and took a quick dip in the pool. We only swam for half an hour.

We had to get changed in the shower area. I of course took pictures of what it looked like! What kind of trip reporter would I be if I didn't?!?!
IMG_3070

you could take a full shower if you wanted, as they had the shampoo and stuff like the rooms.
IMG_3070
Which I thought was actually kind of nice.

We got the rest of our luggage and waited for the car service. We used the same car service to go back and they were great again.

Checking our bags was easy but security was long again. Security here was having you take everything out of your bags and shoes off. We waited a full hour to get through security. It was orderly at least. But there was a lot of people rushing to get to there plane.

IMG_3070
Somebody was sad to be leaving.

Once through security, we really only had 20 minutes before boarding. Gwen and I changed into warmer clothes. Our flight was 95% a senior high school trip. And I was worried it was going to be loud. But once on the plane, they all settled down thankfully.

Andy did hear the saga of 2 kids complaining about the high expectations there parents had on them. and the drama of some girl taking first chair in orchestra from the one kid. Ha!

But other than that, it was an uneventful flight.
And before we knew it we were back in New Jersey... well, philadelphia really and then Jersey.
IMG_3070
It was about 11:30 by the time we got home and I was TIRED!!!

We had a great trip! It was a long trip! And was much needed after all that we had gone through with Covid. Which seems so long ago. But it was great. Of course, Andy and I came down with covid by the end of the week but Morgan and Gwen never got it!

IMG_3070
This was the stash of snacks that we brought home... I might have to do that again this trip!

-------------------------------------------

I kind of stopped posting out ride count, but as a reminder, we looking to ride 50 rides for Andy turning 50. So, did we do it?

We ended up doing
58 rides! And I counted up the rides we did multiple times, and we did 86 rides total.

We also walked
106.73 over the course of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter