No availability at Hollywood Studios

We are going the following week in January but, after reading this thread, I made my family buy their tickets and book the parks already! We have only one DHS day but didn't want to take any chances.

Now it’s booked 2nd - 7th. Is it possible that when the first day (Jan 3rd) initially booked up, that caused people to panic and start grabbing reservations for the rest of the week? I know that after seeing the 3rd booked I decided to purchase our tickets and make reservations right away. That doesn’t explain why the other parks aren’t booked yet though and it seems strange since the only other day HS is booked in the next 12 months is April 3rd. I’m hoping this isn’t an indicator that the crowds are going to be horrible that week 🤞

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder whether Disney is limiting attendance at DHS for those dates, for some mysterious reason known only to them? In the past, Marathon weekend, even when right after NY, hasn't seemed to increase park crowds that much. But as many have remarked, 2021 and 2022 have been quite unusual compared to previous years, in terms of resort reservations (especially DVC) and park attendance.

I'm starting to wonder whether Disney is limiting attendance at DHS for those dates, for some mysterious reason known only to them? In the past, Marathon weekend, even when right after NY, hasn't seemed to increase park crowds that much. But as many have remarked, 2021 and 2022 have been quite unusual compared to previous years, in terms of resort reservations (especially DVC) and park attendance.
I feel like there has to be an explanation like that. We’ve been at Disney during Marathon week and the parks were not crazy crowded. Just doesn’t add up that DHS is full the entire week when Christmas week is still open.

It appears, at least right now, that Hollywood Studios is available for that week again.

Edit - missed the note from Wednesday, but at least that appears to mean it wasn’t a tiny release.

As of yesterday, everything but the 3rd and 4th were opened. Now the 2-7th are unavailable again. Is this a recurring glitch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter