|No Disney dreams come true this trip

.:Disney.:.Freak:.

Mouseketeer
yeah we just got back from our trip and we didn't win or see a single person receive something . But, we did see a lot of people have the dream fast passes on,, we didn't know were the dream team was:confused3 :confused:

But we had a good time, especially at the Food and Wine Festival (tasty!!!)

But we saw all the dream team people, and even followed them around(lol) and still didn't win anything.:guilty:

But the good thing is, I have one more trip to try and win something.:woohoo: :cheer2:

I did see some people get to be announced at the beginning of shows and lead the parades but nothing for us when we were there. But I entered the contest in the mail also and won a lanyard and pins. Just keep trying.:thumbsup2

In April, we saw quite a few families/ kids win stuff (nothing big mind you). But I did ask one of the people handing out prizes and they confirmed that they tend to look for younger kids or families.

For those of us who don't have any kids, it wasn't necessarily what we wanted to hear. Oh well.

3 trips down in YOMD, one to go and no prizes yet:sad1: Roll on 2 weeks, its gotta be my turn now;)

In April, we saw quite a few families/ kids win stuff (nothing big mind you). But I did ask one of the people handing out prizes and they confirmed that they tend to look for younger kids or families.

For those of us who don't have any kids, it wasn't necessarily what we wanted to hear. Oh well.

Now that's totally the opposite of what they are supposed to be doing. They are supposed to be giving it to random people no matter what they look like or who they are with. I'd of had a word with guest services after being told that.

Hubby and son was Dream Fastpasses coming off of Splash, which was cool! We saw several people wearing the lanyards or FP, but no one actually win them. We have sent in over 100 postcards and have never won a thing... and that is ok, because it is simply "the luck of the draw". On the Disboards though there are a lot of people winning multiples through the postcards and I have even read a report from someone winning a castle stay while in the parks, as well as other small wins in the parks. I guess it is simply being in the right place at the right time! :goodvibes I am sending some magic to all of you... :wizard: in hopes that you all win something the next time you go!

Now that's totally the opposite of what they are supposed to be doing. They are supposed to be giving it to random people no matter what they look like or who they are with. I'd of had a word with guest services after being told that.

Well it's possible the CM I asked was not doing what he was supposed to be. This would make sense though- if you think about who the winners of the castle suite goes, I don't see it being adults without children...maybe there's something to this after all. Of course, imo it's just a big conspiracy! :rotfl2:

Or it could be that the natural tendency is to look for children. I know if I was handing out surprises I would gravitate toward kids. I would probably assume that adults in general are big enough to handle not getting a prize and wouldn't give it a second thought if they did not win some thing.

This is my third trip here and we've only won a free ice cream as my son got noticed dancing during a parade....I'm hoping for more but just happy to know that others are having great dreams fulfilled....maybe I should fill those postcards out (altho hearing about 100 postcards and no dreams makes me rather sad!)

The prizes of value are given away randomly (selections picked by computer). Other dreams (family of the day, taken to front of the line, taken backstage) can be given to anyone the CM or Dreamsquad wants, and that usually is ones with kids. They also seem to give preference to ones celebrating birthdays and special needs kids. As to the latter I think it's great. Kids with broken bones seem to get attention too. But with the exception of buttons and stickers or a free food item, they can't give away anything tangible.

does it count....my son stepped in duck poo and when I got a napkin off the ice cream cart and she saw what happened she said she was a dream maker and gave up all free ice cream. On the Jungle trek at AK we had to wait outside the bat room because the dream team was passing out free passes to the entire room.....bad timing.

From what we know from a cast member friend the major prize winners are totally random printed by the computer. The prizes are given out at several locations across all Disney property even in Hotel lobbies.

I also had a friend (whose trip I planned) when they registereed at the hotel they were upgraded to conceirge level for 7 days! They loved it. They brought out balloons for the kids and gave them a dreams certificate.

I also had a friend (whose trip I planned) when they registereed at the hotel they were upgraded to conceirge level for 7 days! They loved it. They brought out balloons for the kids and gave them a dreams certificate.

Did that family stay at SSR? In early November?

ditto for us! next time dude next time:upsidedow

i take that back..i was going through my Bag...(yes i am still not unpacked) and i found a table of the day thingy from January 07 at Le Cellier! i totally forgot about that!:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter