No Poly Concierge in 2003!!!!

It doesn't start until June, right?? We're planning to go in Feb/03 and I was looking forward to Lagoon concierge 1st floor based on your glowing reviews!!!!

Steve I have a question for you.

We were planning on doing Lagoon View Concierge for our 20th Anniversary in July of 2003.

If you were me would you now just book a lagoon view regular room or would you try what they will set up as concierge? Im just worried about paying Concierge prices and not having the real concierge feel. If you would go regular lagoon view what longhouse would you suggest?

This is just such a special trip and I want it to be magical.

Well if the rumor of Tahiti being the concierge building while Hawaii is being worked on is true than I would say your only good choice will be to go with concierge. The Tahiti longhouse is a better longhouse (except for the lounge). The rooms are larger and there are more of them and you still have a great view. You are a little farther from the pool and GCH but not that far. If you went with a regular lagoon view than they would have to put you in Tuvalu. Tuvalu is not bad but it is one of my least favorite longhouses. I am sure what ever they do for concierge will be great. The reason they have not announced the plans for the concierge next summer is because they are still working out all the details. They are very concerned with making sure the experience will be great for the guests.

Aloha

Steve

Steve

Thank you so much for your opinion on what to do. Did they give you any idea of when they would be releasing these rooms? This is such a special occasion for us and I really would like to get the concierge if at all possible. I am so glad they gave you this information. When I called tbe Polynesian directly I got the basic I dont know answer then got cut off.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to find out this information for us.

So the current lagoon view concierge rooms only have balconies on the 3rd floor?

Going in august and need to know what to ask for...

THANKS

As of right now the lagoon views in Tuvalu and Hawaii (concierge only) only have balconies on the 3rd floor. the Tahiti longhouse has balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

Hi Tikiman..Do you think that the renovations will be done by November 2003? I just made my reservations and would love to be in a newly renovated building. Does Hawaii have garden view also? I have never been to Poly and asked for garden view concierge to save a few dollars, but maybe I should switch it. I never hear anyone talk about the garden view...thanks for the info. I love your website!

They said the renovation would start in June 2003 and last about 2-3 months. Yes Hawaii has a garden view side. You can see it on my web page. Everything should be good for November.

Aloha

Steve

We just returned from Poly on the 17th....stayed 4 nights in the Tokelau building!!:D BEAUTIFUL :Pinkbounc
While we were there we noticed they had Aotearoa and Fiji buidings blocked off and surrounded with the "contruction wall"...."Please pardon our dust......."
It did not appear anyone was in either building.
Wondering what kind of rehab going on there too?????

ps Tikiman....love your site!! Thanks for all the info before we got to Poly.:D

Do have to say.....there are no bad buildings or rooms or views there!!! Even the "parking lot" rooms had enough trees and foliage that you couldn't see the parking lot.

LOVE THE POLYNESIAN!!! :D

Glad you had a good time cindyfan. They have been redoing everything it looks like in the longhouses. I will have to find out what longhouses are left to do when I get there next week. Tokelau is a great longhouse.

There is one set of rooms I would not want to be in and that is the parking lot side of RapaNui. Most people never walk over near the parkinglot next to the longhouse but if you do you will see that the rooms are very close to the parking lot with nothing in between them and the parking lot. I have pictures on the web pages where I show Rapa Nui and you can see how close they are. The other longhouses that face parking lots are much better with a nice garden area between them and the parking lot so I would agree that most of the rooms at the Polynesian are great.

Aloha

Steve

Tikiman....I think Rapa Nui was the only building I really didn't take notice of as far as the views. :confused:
We did walk the other side of the building on the way to TTC, but did not walk near the parking lot.

At first they were going to put us in Rarotonga, but on the 2nd floor. We really wanted a first floor....and I am glad I pursued that!!! :D After checking they did find one in Samoa.
I usually ask for non-smoking and thought it wouldn't be so bad.
WELL, YUK! The smell of cigarette smoke was just overwelming.
So went back to ask for the Rarotonga room back.......Well they were great...and found us a first floor in Tokelau!!!

It was AWESOME!!!
Anyway, I tried to check out each of the buildings for our next visit!!! Not sure when we will be able to afford to return to Poly.....maybe 2004.....But really didn't see any bad rooms!!!:D

Steve-I know Poly is your favorite resort-what is your next fave of the others that you've stayed at??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter