No Pressure...Just my FIRST PTR EVER!!!! With PICS!! (And cutting it a little close)

Fantasyland Mom

DIS Veteran
So, we leave in 18 days, and I've only now decided to begin the FIRST EVER PTR for us! :eek: Super nervous, a little excited, and very happy to be collecting my thoughts in one place! Feel free to help me out here...

Let's start with the basics.
When: April 30-May 9, 2010

What/Why: Celebration trip! We're celebrating 3/4 of our birthdays and one un-birthday. DH is soon to turn 30, I recently turned 27, and our youngest DD turned 2 (also on my birthday). Our big reason for the trip is that we're celebrating our girls becoming big sisters soon! We have a baby brother coming at the beginning of July!!

Where: April 30-May 6--Pop Century, May 6-9--Caribbean Beach Resort

And now, the all-important WHO!: This will be all of our second times at the World.

First, there's me, Jennifer. I'm a 27 year old stay-at-home mom (former elementary school teacher). I will be the one with the huge belly at 30-31 weeks pregnant with baby #3! I guess I'm either brave or crazy, but I love the Disney magic and can't wait to go back. Last trip, I planned to the finest detail until my brain hurt, but we sure did have fun. Since I have to take things a little easier this time around, I am trying hard to take a more casual approach.
momdisney.jpg

Next, there's DH, Brandon. Will be 30 in May. He's a Civil Designer for a water resources engineering group. Do I understand what he does? Not really. He's a computer geek who draws and measures pipes and grading and such for sewers, levees, dams, and road construction. He's the ultimate hands-on dad, and he's my absolute best friend in the world. Though he was skeptical before our last trip, he is now in love with WDW and wants to move closer!!:rotfl:
daddisney.jpg

DD4, Juju. She is our first princess, and she got us into all things Disney to begin with. She love all the princesses, but her favorites are Ariel and Cinderella. She's an avid autograph collector and is determined to find Daisy and Mulan this year.
jujutink.jpg

DD2, Bebo. LOVES Mickey and Minnie. In fact, on our last trip she had no clue who they were, but by the time we left was so taken with them that she began saying their names as some of her first words:lovestruc. Her current fascination is with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Snow White...maybe I'll be able to catch her on video at some point singing, "Some day my prince will come..."
bebodisney.jpg

And last, but not least, the baby brother belly will be along for the ride...possible pictures coming later.

That's all for now...more after naptime, hopefully! Join me. Help me. See ya real soon!

Hi!! We're going April 30-May 7th at POP!! I can't believe it's almost here!! :cool1: Your family is beautiful and congrats on the new baby too!

Hi!! We're going April 30-May 7th at POP!! I can't believe it's almost here!! :cool1: Your family is beautiful and congrats on the new baby too!
Thanks so much!! I can't believe it's almost here, either! The planner in me is going crazy! Maybe we'll run into each other at POP; are you doing anything do designate yourself/room as a DISer? I haven't decided what to do yet!

We are just thinking/preplanning a possible trip for next March. Watching everyone else is going to make me very excited.

Thanks so much!! I can't believe it's almost here, either! The planner in me is going crazy! Maybe we'll run into each other at POP; are you doing anything do designate yourself/room as a DISer? I haven't decided what to do yet!

So far, just this poster, but nothing about being a DISer. The kids have some toys set aside for the windowsill. Wouldn't it be cool if you saw it?!? Totally corny little feeling, like, "hey, I chatted with her!"

DSC_0349.jpg

Ill be there at the same time!! Its our first trip... We will be at the Pop from the 1st of May to the 11th. If you see us.. you'll know it! I have four kids. All very loud!:lmao: It will be me and my husband, my mom, and my 8yo ds, 5yo dd, and the twinadoes.. 13 month boy/girl twins.

Hope you don't mind me joining in for the ride! You have a beautiful family. :) Can't wait to read more!

So far, just this poster, but nothing about being a DISer. The kids have some toys set aside for the windowsill. Wouldn't it be cool if you saw it?!? Totally corny little feeling, like, "hey, I chatted with her!"

DSC_0349.jpg

Love it! I'll definitely be on the lookout! You'll find I am very corny:thumbsup2.

So glad people are actually reading this, and even more happy that it looks like some of us will be there at the same time:cool1:.

Okay, so we got a little distracted after naptime...oh, well! Let's get down to business!

I guess we should start by going more in-depth about some of our decisions thus-far. And since I am pregnant, I'll go with the most important one to me....

FOOD!!!!!!!!

The last time we went was during Free Dining, and we always ended up with lots of extra food. Since there was no free dining this time, we opted not to do the DDP. So, here begins our adventure paying out of pocket!

Breakfasts will mostly be in the room (except for our first day at Crystal Palace...yay!!:banana:). We're taking an electric kettle and will have things like oatmeal, cereal bars, bagels, muffins, etc. I'll pack all of this in our gigantic Disney Box ahead of time. We will get the refillable mugs and will grab some drinks/milk at the food court. Hopefully I can get the sluggish movers to eat and get dressed at the same time! You must understand that we NEVER made rope drop last year. Not once. I am determined to make it this year!

Lunches will likely be Counter Service meals. I'm not a huge lunch eater, so I'll probably split mine with little Bebo. Maybe Juju will split hers. I am not holding my breath for Brandon to give up any food! At any rate, it'll be two adult meals and one kids meal to split between all of us. We're on a budget here, people, and I more than plan to make up for it with the all-important SNACKS!!:lmao:

Lots of dinners will be CS meals, as well, with the exception of the Spirit of Aloha Show. We are also debating whether or not to add in the Cape May Clambake to indulge the seafood craving I've been having this pregnancy, but have yet to fulfill. Opinions? Also hoping to get into Rainforest Cafe, but as we don't know when Juju will choose to go to AK, we can't really book it. (Obsessive planner in me cringes.):scared:

I'm telling you, we're really trying to go with the flow this time, but here are the ADRs we have:

Saturday, May 1
8:05 am--Crystal Palace!! I am SO excited that we're going to be in the park before opening! We went last year for dinner, but I've heard such good things about breakfast. Brandon's excited to take pictures (quite the shutterbug, that hubby!). Now, making it there in time may be a whole other issue...
bebocp.jpg

5:15 pm-- Spirit of Aloha Show.:scared1:
Honestly, NOT excited about this one. We're going because Juju has seen the hula dancers on her Disney Beach Party Sing-a-Long and just HAS to see them. If it were a shorter show, we'd be fine. I am just picturing a meltdown by Bebo (and possibly Juju) after they sit for all that time. And while Brandon will get to drink the beer and tune them out, for obvious reasons that won't be an option for me. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that we're all in a Disney mood that night.

Tuesday, May 4
11:15 am--Akershus for the Princess lunch. A favorite of both girls, but obviously not for the food. I will try something new this year, as I didn't really like the kjottkakers last year. The girls are going to be too excited to eat, but you pay for that excitement! Bebo will be so jazzed to meet Snow White, and my autograph hound Juju will be on top of things, for sure.

We had ADRs at Play n' Dine at Hollywood and Vine, but cancelled them, and we also cancelled 'Ohana (crazy, yes?). All of this cheap eating is just so we can eat more snacks, not gonna lie! It's vacation, right!?!

Snacks I must have...er, we must have...
DOLE WHIP FLOAT
Jalapeno Cheddar Pretzel
Mickey Bars
Frozen Lemonade
Pastries. Lots of pastries.
And I am more than willing to hear any and all suggestions:rotfl:

Next entry...CS restaurants and the food they serve...

We do OOP on all of our trips. This one coming up is our first time trying a dining plan. As for the oatmeal, some people have mentioned pouring the oatmeal packet in your refillable mug and using the hot water dispenser at the food court area. Just an idea if you don't want to pack the kettle. Can't remember if you've mentioned flying or not.

As for the oatmeal, some people have mentioned pouring the oatmeal packet in your refillable mug and using the hot water dispenser at the food court area. Just an idea if you don't want to pack the kettle. Can't remember if you've mentioned flying or not.

That's a great idea! We are driving, but any amount of room saved is great!

We left off just as we were about to discuss Counter Service options. As I mentioned earlier, this is what most of our meals will consist of. Why? A few reasons:

1. Our girls don't sit still for very long. Ever. They're 4 and 2, so I don't really expect them to. Last year, I really wanted to eat at Coral Reef (we were on the dining plan and had TS meals for each day) and thought the fish tank would be enough to keep them distracted. It just wasn't so. Neither wanted to be still for something as trivial as food! Juju had a massive meltdown and showed more attitude than a teenager, and Bebo decided to have the messiest diaper of her life while we were eating, meaning we not only had to change her clothes, but lost our appetites. It was at that moment that I realized that quick meals were better. We like to stick to buffets and "keep-it-coming" style TS if we do any.

2. We're cheap, and none of us eat enough to pay for lots of TS meals. In fact, we aren't even sure we'll eat a meal every time, depending on those lovely snack options!

3. We're going with the flow for most days this trip. We don't even have designated parks some days, much less know when we'll want to eat. CS meals are perfect for this.

4. There are actually some yummy CS options that more than meet our needs!

5. Most importantly, I like SNACKS! Did I mention that before...:rotfl2:

At most parks, we know what we like. At some we don't like anything...help?

Here are our favorite CS restaurants and the food we like best there:

Magic Kingdom...Oh, the possibilities!
*Cosmic Ray's--A definite favorite all around. DH and I like to split the ribs and chicken platter, or I get the bacon double cheeseburger and give one patty to Bebo. Juju likes either a cheeseburger or chicken nuggets, depending on her mood, and she always chooses apples. I grab a yogurt for Bebo. Of course, the real reason we come here is the toppings bar!:goodvibes Who doesn't love cheese sauce for their fries and mushrooms for their burger?!?

*Columbia Harbour House--This is a sentimental favorite. It's the first place we ever ate on Disney property! I love the fish, Brandon loves the shrimp, and the girls love whatever we put in front of their face! I'm thinking of trying the Anchors Aweigh or Lighthouse Sandwich this time.

*Pecos Bill's--Ah, the chicken wrap and taco salad! YUM:thumbsup2! This is one place that the girls will eat burgers every time, and even they take advantage of the toppings bar (they learn well from their parents!).

We've never tried Pinocchio Village Haus, but we're considering this time. Brandon loves a meatball sub, and the girls are big on pizza.

Epcot (Lunch will be at Akershus, so we might not even need a CS meal, if we're back at the hotel)
*Tangierine Cafe--Shawarma Platters! Hooray! I like the Chicken and Lamb combo. Brandon will have the chicken combo or the Mediterranean Sliders. This is a place that the girls will eat off of our plates, usually. The like the unusual flavors and are known to abandon their food for ours, so I doubt we'll bother even getting them a meal this time!

*Boulangerie Patisserie--Ham and cheese croissants to walk around with...and maybe a little something extra like a tart or eclair:rotfl:.

*Sunshine Seasons--Well, you can find just about anything here, but I say forget the dinner and go for strawberry shortcake:woohoo:! Anything from their grill (salmon, chicken) is good, as well, if you must eat sensibly.

Animal Kingdom
*Pizzafari--We choose to eat here for one main reason...air conditioning!! Their Hot Italian Style Sandwich is actually really yummy, and the girls do love pizza!

However, this trip we're hoping to get in last minute at Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Am I dreaming? Possibly. But a mom can hope. I doubt we'll stay at AK til dinner, so it's either Pizzafari or RC.

Hollywood Studios
Oh, my. Nothing. NOTHING. :eek: I need suggestions, or we'll end up re-booking Play-n-Dine at Hollywood and Vine.

Pop Century
There is so much to choose from, and I am always happy with the portions and quality, especially from a value resort. Flatbreads, pasta, Mom's Night Out meals...it's all good. Is it a little bland? Well, frankly, yes. But it gets the job done and we can eat it in our room:thumbsup2.

Speaking of rooms, next we'll be discussion our two lodging choices and how we extended our trip to include two!

We had originally intended to take a short vacation. We were going to go from May 1-6 and stay at Pop Century, allowing us to get the $300 gift card deal. That was it.......

Then we started thinking, "Hey, this is the last vacation we'll have for a while since the new baby is coming, so let's go to the beach:idea:!" I began researching all the nearby beaches, combing through hotel reviews and restaurant critiques, and trying to commit to a place. We decided we'd stay at a beach (still couldn't pick one) for three nights, having us come home on May 9. That was it..........

And then I was getting sad. These beaches seemed like such a let-down to follow up the happiest place on earth :sad2:. And I had to hear Brandon complain about going to the beach (he says it's boring) and reminding me that Juju and Bebo don't even like to go in the water, just play in the pool and sand. I did more research and came up with,
CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT:woohoo:! The girls will get their sand, I will get my hammock, and we can still go to the parks! Plus, we would get 30% off of that reservation! YES:yay:! We even decided to leave earlier and still stay til the 9th.

So, we ended up with:
*April 30-May 6 at Pop Century w/ $300 gift card and we went ahead and got 8 day park tickets on this reservation so they would be cheaper.

*May 6-May 9 at Caribbean Beach Resort w/ 30% off and using the tickets purchased on the other reservation.

Why the obsession with Pop Century? Well, Juju absolutely loves it! Last year she fell in love with staying "behind Tramp's head" on the top floor. This year she had us ask to stay "behind Lady's head." Keep your fingers crossed that the sweet girl gets her wish! We do love all the huge icons and the kid's pool, and Everything Pop is great! Good food, bright colors, and decent beds makes for a great place to stay at a price we like:thumbsup2!
trampshead.jpg

When "The Magic Came," as Juju called it!
magiccame.jpg

poolgirls.jpg

jujuball.jpg

We're so excited to try CBR this time, as well. When I was making the reservation, the lady said that since I am pregnant, she would put in a request for a building close to Centertown (Old Port Royal). That would be great, but I'm not holding my breath! However, she was a spectacular CM who also said my fridge at Pop would not be a charge because I'm pregnant and have to have juice/snacks to keep my blood sugar regulated...medically-necessary? I didn't think so, but she did, and I wasn't about to argue that! I was willing to pay for one, but I'll take what I can get!

Along with the location request of top floor "behind Lady's head," we also requested a Pack-n-Play and bedrails at both resorts.

This is an important vacation because it'll be our last for a while! I'm so glad we decided to make it last longer and to try another resort :woohoo:. I wish we could leave right now!!! Oh, wait...maybe not...I have only just begun packing.:eek:

Small update...more to come later today:surfweb:.

Last night we did decide to add the Cape May Clambake:banana:! I think there's something for everyone there. I will fulfill my seafood craving (haven't been eating much of it because you're not supposed to eat tons of it during pregnancy), Brandon will love the carving station, and the girls have tons to choose from. I saw on the menu that there are several salads, which is probably Juju's favorite food. Bebo's a meat girl, and she's good on that front, too!

Anyway, our ADR is for Monday, May 3 @ 5:15 pm...I thought they opened at 5:30, though:confused3??

Hi, you have a nice looking family! We will be at CBR May 6-13.:banana: I will be 30 weeks pregnant also with my 3rd baby, a boy. There are some days I think I am crazy for going so late in the pregnancy, but I am looking forward to spending time with our little family before the new baby comes.

I am looking forward to eating the food as well. We have a table service restaurant scheduled every day. I think I got carried away, because I know how hard it is at restaurants with my kids. We will probably not be able to go to them all, but I am excited to try.

Thanks for sharing your trip plans and I look forward to more!

Joining in! Your DD's are too cute, and congrats on the pregnancy!!

Thank you so much!! And thanks for joining in!:goodvibes

Hi, you have a nice looking family! We will be at CBR May 6-13.:banana: I will be 30 weeks pregnant also with my 3rd baby, a boy. There are some days I think I am crazy for going so late in the pregnancy, but I am looking forward to spending time with our little family before the new baby comes.

I am looking forward to eating the food as well. We have a table service restaurant scheduled every day. I think I got carried away, because I know how hard it is at restaurants with my kids. We will probably not be able to go to them all, but I am excited to try.

Thanks for sharing your trip plans and I look forward to more!

Wow! We have lots in common! Good luck with your table srvice meals; I seem to keep adding them, or at least considering it, even when I swore I wouldn't! At least Cape May is a buffet! Glad to have you reading!

So I mentioned earlier that we are going with the flow this time...well, that's true to an extent;). Compared to the planning I did last trip, we are really relaxing! We had each park day planned down to which ride we would ride in what order! Our plans were neatly displayed on maps from touringplans.com after I thoroughly researched what our family would and wouldn't enjoy. This was me for much of the time:
momschedule.jpg

This time around, we have planned only a little, comparatively. We have decided on VERY basic iteneraries for some days, and other days we're just winging it. This is what we have so far:

Saturday, May 1, Magic Kingdom
*8:05 am ADR at Crystal Palace:banana:, complete with the necessary "empty streets" shots of Main St. USA, the castle, and us excited to see them!
*First ride--Dumbo, which is tradition (and smart!)
*We'll then move on to "it's a small world," which our girls absolutely LOVE:love:. They sing the song all the time, and if you have never heard a just-turned-two little girl trying to sing it, you're really missing out. I'm hoping to catch that on video for my trip report!
*We'll check the time, ride another if we have time, and line up at Toontown way before that rope drop so we can see those fairies!!! Hoping not to have an hour wait like last time when we didn't know to line up that soon.
*Ride....well...whatever until lunchtime. Grab Counter Service meal, and then head back for a rest.
*Head to the Poly for the Spirit of Aloha Show:rolleyes:. Sacrifices. Juju better really love her mommy.

Sunday, May 2, probably Hollywood Studios
*Will allow Brandon his Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster up front. Get it out of the way since I'm jealous that I can't ride them this year.
*Then, here's where I get crazy....we just wing it!! AHHHH:scared1:!
*At some point we'll eat lunch (where the heck can I get something decent at DHS???:confused:), then head back to the hotel.
*Rest or swim.
*Dinner at some point, and who knows what else!

Monday, May 3, back to Magic Kingdom
*This day *might* start with Juju's first ever haircut:sad1:! Yes, she's 4, but I've never been able to cut off those beautiful baby curls. What better place than Harmony Barber Shop? At least that's what I'm telling myself to keep from crying. If not this day, it'll definitely happen one of the other MK days. See those beautiful locks?
jujucurls.jpg

*Go with the flow. At least we know a park. Ride stuff:confused3 and get autographs for Juju.
*Eat lunch.
*Head back to Pop for a rest/swim.
*5:15pm ADR at Cape May Cafe, as of yesterday:yay:
*Back to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes, if the girls aren't too tired.

Tuesday, May 4, Epcot
*SOARIN':cheer2:. We all love this ride (well, with the exception of too-short Bebo). Last year, Juju had to get measured when we were going to ride, and when she was past the 40" mark, everyone around started cheering for her:wizard:. One of my favorite Disney magic moments. I get teary just thinking back on it!
*Since we're already over here, I'll just grab a strawberry shortcake real quick...:cloud9:
*This is our first Flower and Garden Festival, so we'll check it out as much as possible before lunch.
*11:15am ADR for Akershus. Juju loved this last year and will be excited to see those princesses again. Bebo is going to be stoked because she didn't even know who the princesses were last year and now has an obsession with all of them, especially Snow White. Juju says she'll dress as Belle and Bebo will dress as Snow White.
*Tour the World Showcase in order.
*Back to hotel for rest/swim.
*Wing it!

Wednesday, May 5, probably Animal Kingdom
*Kilimanjaro Safaris first. They will ride. I will sit outside of it and eat a jalapeno cheddar pretzel:woohoo:.
*Will then probably grab a FP for Brandon to ride Everest:snooty: and we'll move on to whatever strikes our fancy. No plans really.
*Hoping we can get into Rainforest Cafe for lunch, but no ADR. If not, it'll be Pizzafari.
*Back to the hotel for rest/swim, and then the wind will be our guide!

Thursday, May 6--Switch to CBR!
Friday, May 7
Saturday, May 8

We're going to ask Juju when we wake up in the morning where she wants to go. And then we'll go.
We will fit in during this time (hopefully):
Blizzard Beach (And buying maternity bathing suits is NOT fun!)
Downtown Disney
Mini-Golf
Beach time at CBR

See what I mean? We're chillin'...kind of.
But just wait 'til you hear about my probably-TOO-organized packing:lmao:.

I think your "non" plans sound great!! I was the same way last year with the Touring Plans map...and we are also winging it this year! We are going for DS's birthday, so we are going to let him guide our days (for the most part).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter