• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Nov/Dec 2011 Promotions

amandaw

DIS Veteran
I'm a newbie when it comes to staying on site @ WDW & looking for discounts, so please bear with me. Our next trip to WDW will be in either Nov or Dec of this year. I am starting to be on the lookout for any kind of promotions/offers. I've signed up at mousesavers.com & allears.net. Are there any other websites that would be good/helpful in trying to find out about promotions? Also, I've read posts on here about free dining being offered for this fall but you had to book back in Dec. From what I can tell, those were only good thru Oct dates? Do they sometimes release promotions/offers for Nov/Dec in the spring time? I know no one knows for sure what WDW will do, but it seems like I've seen them do this before, but not real sure. Also, if I were to book a vacation package & then a promotion came out, could I get the promotion applied to my package as long it met criteria, such as dates? Thanks for any advice you can give me!:thumbsup2

I am trying to plan a vacation for WDW in December also. I actually wasn't even told about the sites you mentioned. Thanks! If I hear of anything else, I will be posting!:thumbsup2

you did good! all of these sites will be the 1st to know about the latest promotions. i always check on the disboards 1st to see if it's listed in the topic box at the top. we are wanting to go in oct. this year so i am patiently waiting for the fd offers!! we've been the last 2yrs in may and dec. dec. is our favorite time to go cause of all the decor!!

you did good! all of these sites will be the 1st to know about the latest promotions. i always check on the disboards 1st to see if it's listed in the topic box at the top. we are wanting to go in oct. this year so i am patiently waiting for the fd offers!! we've been the last 2yrs in may and dec. dec. is our favorite time to go cause of all the decor!!

We are going in October and really hoping for free dining...lets keep our fingers crossed!

You will love Oct for all the halloween stuff!

We will be going at the end of October thru Nov and are waiting also since we usually go at Christmas I am new to Halloween.

Last year (2010), free dining was offered for these dates:

October 1 to October 5
October 22 to October 28
November 12 to November 18
November 27 to December 2
December 10 to December 21

There was also a room-only discount offer for 25% off Value, 30% off Moderate, and 40% off Deluxe and Deluxe Villas during these dates:
October 3, 2010 – November 23, 2010
November 27, 2010 to December 25, 2010

I believe these came out in August. You can always book your vacation and go back and apply the discount later. If you want the free dining...book your ADRs when your window comes up and get the free dining promo when its released.

So I had received the 25/30/40% off room only pin earlier this year for December dates. Unfortunately, I didn't think I could make it work, so let the time elapse (had to book by Feb. 28). Now it looks like it will work so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something comes along again for my dates...Dec. 9-14th. UGH! I could kick myself... :sad2: I got this elusive FD pin everyone's talking about, but only for dates thru August.

Last year (2010), free dining was offered for these dates:

October 1 to October 5
October 22 to October 28
November 12 to November 18
November 27 to December 2
December 10 to December 21

There was also a room-only discount offer for 25% off Value, 30% off Moderate, and 40% off Deluxe and Deluxe Villas during these dates:
October 3, 2010 – November 23, 2010
November 27, 2010 to December 25, 2010

I believe these came out in August. You can always book your vacation and go back and apply the discount later. If you want the free dining...book your ADRs when your window comes up and get the free dining promo when its released.

that would be a very good information to e and to my friends! so excited.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can just pay for the difference between the promo and what you have as well. For example, if you have an offer for the free dining plan but have already purchased the deluxe, you merely pay the difference between the two packages.

At least I certainly hope that's how it works. I'm really rooting for a free dining plan. Though I'd prefer if they cover Oct. 9 - 15th. :thumbsup2

If you have already paid off your trip and a discount applicable to you is announced, do they refund you the difference or are you just SOL?

And we'll be there from the 18th thru the 28th!!!!:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Actually we did change-added another day so we will be at WDW from the 18-23! Can't stay any longer :sad2: because I HAVE to get over to NC for Christmas- my mom will have my head if I don't :headache:! We will be staying at the All star movies though, I have been researching EVERYTHING I can because I want to make this a REALLY good trip!

Here is a website with the historical data of when and what discounts have come out all the way back to 2008. I "think" the earliest the FD pin has come out in the past for Nov/Dec FD was in early July (Anyone correct me if I am wrong after you look at this) ;)

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

If a discount code comes out, you can apply it to an existing reservation. If you already have a code applied, you can only use one, so whichever one gives you the biggest bang for your buck:woohoo:

With the FD promo, If you are in a value or moderate you get the QSDP, with the deluxe and deluxe villa you get the DDP. You can pay to upgrade to DDP or DXDP. And if your trip is paid for, they will refund the difference if/when a FD promo comes out. :tinker:(This happened to me in 2009)

We will be going Dec 16-23 on the 35% off Value or moderate/ 40% off deluxe or deluxe villa's, staying at POP with 2 rooms and instead of the DDP, we are "trying" the QSDP. We have always done the DDP in the past but since we are taking 3 of our grandkids (all 11 yrs old) we thought being on the DDP may be too restrictive and take alot of time away from the parks so we are excited to try the QSDP + we will pay OOP for Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House :love: and maybe we will get at ressie at Sci-Fi for the atmosphere and a shake:cloud9:.

BUT.............if I am blessed with the FD pin (if and when it comes out) I will definitely apply that pin to get it free---that will save us about $928.00:scared1:!!!

COME ON FD PIN!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I hope some of this info helps some of my dis friends out there:thumbsup2 and here is some :tinker: pixie dust for all my dis friends, hoping for the FD promo for Nov/Dec 2011

Actually we did change-added another day so we will be at WDW from the 18-23! Can't stay any longer :sad2: because I HAVE to get over to NC for Christmas- my mom will have my head if I don't :headache:! We will be staying at the All star movies though, I have been researching EVERYTHING I can because I want to make this a REALLY good trip!

LOL!!! I can understand- the off with the head thing!!!:lmao::scared1: LOL!!! We will be staying at Pop for the first time- so I have been checking it out as well:) :surfweb:Anything and everything I can!!! LOL!!! It will be an awesome trip!:yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

How did you get the 35% off code??

[We will be going Dec 16-23 on the 35% off Value or moderate/ 40% off deluxe or deluxe villa's, staying at POP with 2 rooms and instead of the DDP, we are "trying" the QSDP. We have always done the DDP in the past but since we are taking 3 of our grandkids (all 11 yrs old) we thought being on the DDP may be too restrictive and take alot of time away from the parks so we are excited to try the QSDP + we will pay OOP for Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House :love: and maybe we will get at ressie at Sci-Fi for the atmosphere and a shake:cloud9:.

BUT.............if I am blessed with the FD pin (if and when it comes out) I will definitely apply that pin to get it free---that will save us about $928.00:scared1:!!!

COME ON FD PIN!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I hope some of this info helps some of my dis friends out there:thumbsup2 and here is some :tinker: pixie dust for all my dis friends, hoping for the FD promo for Nov/Dec 2011

LOL!!! I can understand- the off with the head thing!!!:lmao::scared1: LOL!!! We will be staying at Pop for the first time- so I have been checking it out as well:) :surfweb:Anything and everything I can!!! LOL!!! It will be an awesome trip!:yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

Will this be your first time too? Grumpy (aka hubby- not so darling tonight) will be joining us and I am hoping that the little bit of "magic" everyone talks about will cheer up his attitude or I'll take away his ticket and make him live in the hotel for the week- BUT then again he's the one paying for everything... so.... And about the off with the head yeah- my mom won't have that. It'll be her very first time to spend Christmas with my son (he will be 7 by christmas!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter