• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Nov/Dec 2011 Promotions

Don't forget to ask what the deals are when you call. I had a pin attached to my name but never recieved any info on it. Boy was I glad I asked

I'm also waiting for discounts, my plan is to stay 12/3-12/10. I will turn 50 during that week and plan to be in WDW when it happens, even if I have to be there by myself. I have also been checking out renting DVC points. I am having trouble getting the dates I need. Renting DVC points is very inexpensive. for a week at Bay Lake Towers you can get a room for $1300. I also plan to get my Hopper passes through my local AAA. 8 day hopper pass is about $320. Also Disney usually raises the prices in August. I'm a little nervous about waiting that long. Another option is to buy an Annual Pass for about $500, Annual pass holders get discounts on room rates and dining. It can get very overwhelming trying to figure out the best way to go.

So I had received the 25/30/40% off room only pin earlier this year for December dates. Unfortunately, I didn't think I could make it work, so let the time elapse (had to book by Feb. 28). Now it looks like it will work so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something comes along again for my dates...Dec. 9-14th. UGH! I could kick myself... :sad2: I got this elusive FD pin everyone's talking about, but only for dates thru August.

I'm new to the DIS and I keep seeing people talking about these pins for discounts. What are they and how can I get one??

You might be able to get info quicker and more up to date info for discounts on the code and discounts forum found here

By looking at 2010 offers above...It seems as though the week we are going is never included in the discounts...recieved a pin # for this year but it excluded our dates....12/6-12/11...I have a feeling its beacuse of my nemisis...pop warner.(Wanted to stay at a value but had to upgrade to a deluxe... as per much advice from these boards...poor me right?)I guess they dont need to entyce(sp?) anyone to visit that week.Unfortunatly our dates are not flexible..sailing on the DREAM 12/11... I guess you can't have everything.Still hoping for something though FD or 40% would be great...hey you never know.

We got a pin for Aug/Sept dates. A package deal, something like 30% off a value resort with waterparks, hopper, fun & more (it was a confusing and unclear offer). Anyway, I had our travel agent (AAA) call, and we were able to use this pin Dec 4-10. So it's not true that nothing is available that week. We were able to use it, even though the dates were different and we wanted a moderate resort. We could have used it at a deluxe, also. Always worth asking!

We got a pin for Aug/Sept dates. A package deal, something like 30% off a value resort with waterparks, hopper, fun & more (it was a confusing and unclear offer). Anyway, I had our travel agent (AAA) call, and we were able to use this pin Dec 4-10. So it's not true that nothing is available that week. We were able to use it, even though the dates were different and we wanted a moderate resort. We could have used it at a deluxe, also. Always worth asking!

Thanks for the glimmer of hope! fingers still crossed :)

Nov 30-Dec5 so I'm praying for a 25% off room only. Hopefully, since that week isn't very busy, we will end up with one. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter