November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

Woohoo, joining in!!! @MSPeeler hi!!!

We put holds down on 3 cruises on Wednesday when Silver booking opened and today we paid our deposit for this one!

I'm Angela, my dh is Frank and we will be travelling with our two girls who will be 10 & 7 (nearly 8) at the time of this cruise.

This will be our 5th cruise (we have two more booked before this one) which will make us GOLD, woohoo!!:cheer2:

Yay Welcome Angela!!! So glad you decided on cruising with us :)
How blessed for you to have 2 more cruises planned before this one, so jelly here!! :p

Hi Everyone, my name is Scott and my wife Jen and I are thrilled to be joining you all on this cruse with our two kids; DS (11) and DD (7) (ages at time of sailing). This will be our second Disney cruse after sailing on a 4 night Bahama cruise on the Dream in January.

Thanks Michelle for starting the meet forum for this cruise and a special thanks to Angela for posting pricing about this cruse during the CC silver pre-sale day (I'm not sure I would have thought about booking in November had I not seen the price quote you posted).

Hi Everyone, my name is Scott and my wife Jen and I are thrilled to be joining you all on this cruse with our two kids; DS (11) and DD (7) (ages at time of sailing). This will be our second Disney cruse after sailing on a 4 night Bahama cruise on the Dream in January.

Thanks Michelle for starting the meet forum for this cruise and a special thanks to Angela for posting pricing about this cruse during the CC silver pre-sale day (I'm not sure I would have thought about booking in November had I not seen the price quote you posted).

Welcome Scott! We also cruised the 4-night Bahamian Dream (last May). My Trip Report wasn't too pleasant, LOL. It was really hot and hard with a 20 month old. I don't know why I torture myself by taking babies on Disney Vacations, but I'm an addict, :rotfl:

Somehow, I can't stay away! Hopefully my son will be fully potty trained by then (just turning 4 in August before the cruise) and can goto kids clubs with his older brother. We just started, so we'll see! He HATED the nursery, which made the Bahama cruise much more stressful than it should have been I think.

ANYWAY! Welcome :)

Welcome Scott! This was my first time phoning in (as they just started the new tier for Silver) so it took a while as I don't think they anticipated how many Silver's would call in! Finally after three separate tries I got through - haha, I was determined NOT to hang up the third time ;-)

Welcome Scott! This was my first time phoning in (as they just started the new tier for Silver) so it took a while as I don't think they anticipated how many Silver's would call in! Finally after three separate tries I got through - haha, I was determined NOT to hang up the third time ;-)

I used a Travel Agent for the first time, and she was SO good about getting me the exact room we wanted, for the price I was expecting and even made changes within a couple of hours with no issues at all. AND I didn't have to sit on the phone with a 2 year old screaming/screeching that he wanted to hold it and accidentally hang up!

Hi my names Corinne and this is mine and my families (husband and 3 kids) first Disney Cruise! I was so excited that I past it on and have a good group of friends coming along with their families now too. I want to get the most fun from this vacation so let me know how to sign up for a FE Group.

Hi my names Corinne and this is mine and my families (husband and 3 kids) first Disney Cruise! I was so excited that I past it on and have a good group of friends coming along with their families now too. I want to get the most fun from this vacation so let me know how to sign up for a FE Group.

Hi Corinne! Welcome to the group! So exciting for your first Disney cruise :mickeyjum I hope your friends will be joining our board as well.
If you don't mind me asking, how old will your kids be at cruise time? I'm adding us all to the opening post just to get an idea of who will be with us!

We have not yet started a FE group, I'm not sure that I would be able to participate in one, but if enough people are wanting to sign up then I may be able to "orchestrate" it at least? I love spreadsheets, color coding and organization, :rotfl:

**EDIT to add: FE Sign-Up form is in the First Post

Last edited:
Hi Corinne! Welcome to the group! So exciting for your first Disney cruise :mickeyjum I hope your friends will be joining our board as well.
If you don't mind me asking, how old will your kids be at cruise time? I'm adding us all to the opening post just to get an idea of who will be with us!

We have not yet started a FE group, I'm not sure that I would be able to participate in one, but if enough people are wanting to sign up then I may be able to "orchestrate" it at least? I love spreadsheets, color coding and organization, :rotfl:
My kids at the time of cruise will be 8, 10 and 11 years old. If you do orchestrate something let me know!

Ok, so who in this group would be interested in joining a FE group?

As I stated before, I do not have other social media accounts, but I know there are usually FE groups made among them. If one is made on DISboards :disrocks:, I would prefer it be here and not back and forth if that makes sense? I will be more than happy to organize it if that will work?

Since we have over a year till cruise, we have PLENTY of time to think about it of coarse. For instance, if we should splint into groups in case there are more than 10-12 cabins signed up, or for adult-only groups, etc.

Let me know your feedback!

:hyper2:

Last edited:
:crazy2: I just read my post and it sounded... bossy? LOL

I'm terrible at communication.

I meant to say, I would love to organize a FE group but because I do not have access to another social media platform, it would have to be here for me to do it for us... not that you can't do it here and no where else, ha!

Sorry if that wasn't clear.... :duck:

I thought it was against the rules on DIS boards to direct people to other social media outlets for these meets? Unless they changed their policy back.

Although FE sounds fun, I think I'm going to pass. I imagine once more people join, you will get people that are interested. It seems really early yet to start planning for that.

I thought it was against the rules on DIS boards to direct people to other social media outlets for these meets? Unless they changed their policy back.

Although FE sounds fun, I think I'm going to pass. I imagine once more people join, you will get people that are interested. It seems really early yet to start planning for that.

I agree, very early to start planning anything at all. Just wanted to put that out there :D
I myself probably wouldn't be able to join in myself either.

I keep opening my disney cruise account... just to do nothing... haha. It's going to be a long year! Our last cruise was booking in March 2016 and we cruised in May 2016! So I only had to wait 2 months.
Considering all of my kids will be 2 years older than they are now (numerically) at the time of this cruise, it's just mind-boggling.... I'm going to drive myself crazy I think. :yo-yo:

I've already started looking into excursions and things. I'd really like to do some sort of dolphin encounter for sure...

I agree, very early to start planning anything at all. Just wanted to put that out there :D
I myself probably wouldn't be able to join in myself either.

I keep opening my disney cruise account... just to do nothing... haha. It's going to be a long year! Our last cruise was booking in March 2016 and we cruised in May 2016! So I only had to wait 2 months.
Considering all of my kids will be 2 years older than they are now (numerically) at the time of this cruise, it's just mind-boggling.... I'm going to drive myself crazy I think. :yo-yo:

I've already started looking into excursions and things. I'd really like to do some sort of dolphin encounter for sure...

I'm going to drive myself crazy too because it's far too early to really plan anything. That said, I visit the disboards cruise forum often and have been looking up information on Kennedy Space Center and the Castaway Cabanas and anything food related on the ship.

I am fortunate enough to have a WDW vacation planned for this October which is a nice distraction. :banana: We are going with my brother's family. My DB and DSIL have been to Disney once about 20 years ago and their 6 year old twin boys will be first time. DSIL has been great so far....letting me take the reins and plan however I want. They are pretty easy going so hopefully this trip will be great. We have traveled with them many times on cruises and have got along well but WDW is a different beast so hopefully we aren't ready to strangle each other by the end. :rotfl2:

I'm going to drive myself crazy too because it's far too early to really plan anything. That said, I visit the disboards cruise forum often and have been looking up information on Kennedy Space Center and the Castaway Cabanas and anything food related on the ship.

I am fortunate enough to have a WDW vacation planned for this October which is a nice distraction. :banana: We are going with my brother's family. My DB and DSIL have been to Disney once about 20 years ago and their 6 year old twin boys will be first time. DSIL has been great so far....letting me take the reins and plan however I want. They are pretty easy going so hopefully this trip will be great. We have traveled with them many times on cruises and have got along well but WDW is a different beast so hopefully we aren't ready to strangle each other by the end. :rotfl2:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/

FYI - directing Disney cruise meets to other forms of social media is not allow per link above.

Thanks Laura!

That's great to have a Disney distraction between now and the cruise lol. That's really great that she is so willing to let you take the reins, maybe she does not remember how intense it is, ha ha. I think it's a great idea to have someone who knows the ropes so to speak plan for a large party!

We were looking/hoping at reserving a cabana on the family beach, but considering we are silver, I don't see that to be a realistic expectation.

We will be driving down the day before the cruise so we will need a place to sleep, hoping to find a good deal on a hotel nearby!

We are silver too, so I'm not expecting to get but I'm going to try.

DH has points at Marriott so that is what we are going with in Port Canaveral area.

When we cruised on the Fantasy this past January all the cabanas were taken by Concierge and Platinum, there wasn't any for Gold to book, let alone us Silvers :sad2: We kept checking constantly and only once did one become available - but it was on Serenity so adults-only. Keep checking I guess when the time comes! We were sailing with another family in January (4 adults, 4 kids) and were going to split the cost. This time it's just my family so we can't really justify spending the whole amount :scared:

Just got back a few days ago from doing the dis 20th anniversary party,, it was great! Weather was very hot and we had some rain just about every day but it didnt last to long. Stayed at por for the 1st time and I cant really say I was all that impressed it was nice but not one of my favorites,,, much prefer Caribbean beach as far as moderates are concerned. Next trip planned is for October but staying off property with my daughter and her family 1st time staying off property,,, doing Universal, have only done 1 park at Universal before,, and also planning on a day at the space center in Port Canaveral which will be a 1st too! Was able to get a fast pass for Navi river ride and loved it last week , and will try the other in October hopefully.We didnt do the dining plan this trip and only did 2 table service chef Mickeys for dinner and the Liberty tree for dinner to,,,, Chef Mickeys was ok pricey though 67 each with tip and all not as good as last time I ate there. Liberty tree was really good and only 47 each with tip and all,, with the canadian exchange it even makes it more for us. The food court at por I found to be very limited and it was very busy most of the times we went.I did make my mind up while there for where to stay pre cruise so have picked a return visit at the Poly,, havent been there since 2012 I believe,, looking forward to staying there again especially since its been redone . Michelle its great that you have volunteered to look after the fe exchange we will be joining once you get it up and running! Cruise is a long way off yet but gives all the more time to plan,, 3 nights pre cruise at the poly is a start for me! wooohooo cant wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter