November 2011 car rentals

Nannette - I called Alamo and they said the deal is fine without a printout! I got a full size car for a week in November for only $75!!! Thank you!!

jemeh5, are you picking up your car at MCO? If so, you might want to try booking a Standard size as it will probably be cheaper. There are no Standard cars at MCO and you will get a Full at the lower price.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help on this thread!

We'd booked a full-sized car through Alamo and our flight had to land in Atlanta for 3ish hours due to technical problems; we arrived at Orlando at 2am and went to pick our car. The gentleman at the car lot said there were lots of upgrades available in our full-size row.

There were choices of full-sized cars and minivans.... seriously minivans available for my $88.44 rental for a week!

Thanks guys! You all rock :)

Keep checking your rates!!! I just checked this morning and now I'm at $115 for a standard from Nov 24 - Dec 3:woohoo:, that's down from $143 which I was pretty happy with. I used code 7015309 and coupon AD2359FDF.
Laurie:santa:

My rate just dropped again using Insiders code and $35 coupon AD2359FDF. Total $114 for Standard 11/24-12/02.

I'm not sure what you would consider a good rate - but we have a minivan rented through Alamo for 11/20 - 12/1. When I first started looking a few months ago the best rates I could find were close to $700. I've been checking (and re-checking!) every day and right now, our total rate for that time frame is around $350 for a minivan. I used Insiders code 7014667 and coupon AD2359FDF. I thought I would be happy if I could get the rate closer to $500 so I'm thrilled with this price!

Edited to add - I checked back again last night and now our rate is down to $321 for a minivan using these same codes. Woo hoo!!!

Try Budget using travelocity code x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for your dates is $269.14 after coupon is applied when you return vehicle.

I'm not sure what you would consider a good rate - but we have a minivan rented through Alamo for 11/20 - 12/1. When I first started looking a few months ago the best rates I could find were close to $700. I've been checking (and re-checking!) every day and right now, our total rate for that time frame is around $350 for a minivan. I used Insiders code 7014667 and coupon AD2359FDF. I thought I would be happy if I could get the rate closer to $500 so I'm thrilled with this price!

Edited to add - I checked back again last night and now our rate is down to $321 for a minivan using these same codes. Woo hoo!!!

where do you put the insiders code and the coupon code???????

this is from the alamo site

I.D. / Corp I.D.:
Membership ID
Rate/Product Code

Applicant Code
Coupon Code

thank you

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. I could try on my end if you'd like me too and see if it works for me if you give me your dates?? Are you picking up and dropping off at Dolphin and what time where you trying cause Dolphin isn't open past 4... maybe thats the problem??

~Nannette

I just saw this! Would you really Nanette? It is for NOV 13 10am thru NOV 20 9am...Ideally, I would like to pick-up At ORLANDO Airport & Drop-Off at Dolphin or Car Care Center. I am an Insider but that doesn't seem to get me much :(

Thanks!:flower3:

Also, checking my ressie from ALAMO, it indicates right on it that it is an AMERICAN AIRLINES VALLEY OFFER ($35 off)....I don't even know what that means!Will I have to show a coupon 'cuz I don't have one & I think I pulled that code from someone sharing it here in OCT.

This car ressie stuff has caused more hassles than booking the whole dang trip!

I am down to $64.40 for a standard size during Thanksgiving week!:cool1:

awesome! Have to check mine again

woohoo down to 67.00 for that week and have a standard instead of a mid size, which btw was over $100 with the codes now!

Also, checking my ressie from ALAMO, it indicates right on it that it is an AMERICAN AIRLINES VALLEY OFFER ($35 off)....I don't even know what that means!Will I have to show a coupon 'cuz I don't have one & I think I pulled that code from someone sharing it here in OCT.

This car ressie stuff has caused more hassles than booking the whole dang trip!
If you are uncomfortable using that code, try AD2724FZA for $35 off weekly rental. It is posted right on Alamo's site but you need to be logged in to the Alamo Insider page to see it. You will not need to show any coupon with this code.

I just saw this! Would you really Nanette? It is for NOV 13 10am thru NOV 20 9am...Ideally, I would like to pick-up At ORLANDO Airport & Drop-Off at Dolphin or Car Care Center. I am an Insider but that doesn't seem to get me much :(

Thanks!:flower3:

Okay, I'm not sure if your times are flexible or not but if you p/u at 10am and d/o at 11am at MCO I came up with a mid size for $87.62 total. I used the Florida 20% off ID code 7014667 and the Alamo $35 off weekly rental coupon code AD2724FZA. Both of these are on Alamo's site and you will not need an actual coupon. couldn't get anything under $220 plus by dropping off at the other locations.
Hope this helps!

Okay, I'm not sure if your times are flexible or not but if you p/u at 10am and d/o at 11am at MCO I came up with a mid size for $87.62 total. I used the Florida 20% off ID code 7014667 and the Alamo $35 off weekly rental coupon code AD2724FZA. Both of these are on Alamo's site and you will not need an actual coupon. couldn't get anything under $220 plus by dropping off at the other locations.
Hope this helps!

Thank you! Just used the ID code with the $35 off code and the price dropped another $13 down to $220 renting and returning at Dolphin. Still have 5 days maybe I'll get to under $200... this is like a game!!

Thanks Again!
~Nannette

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this. I previously had a standard reserved using the Costco code and BJs $40 coupon for $127 and using this code, I got it down to $119.:cool1: I'm picking up on 11/25 at Noon and dropping off on 12/4 at 7pm.

I also called Alamo, because since I had used Costco, I had the additional driver for free but it wasn't showing up using this code. The rep told me as long as my Alamo Insiders # is on my reservation, I'll get the additional driver for free. Thought I'd pass that along.

Pretty soon National is going to be paying me to drive the car for the week. This am, with the Sam's Club code and the $35 off coupon, picking up on the Emerald Aisle 11/17 3 pm to 11/23 10 am...
(drum roll, please)...

I got my price down to $68.00!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Pretty soon National is going to be paying me to drive the car for the week. This am, with the Sam's Club code and the $35 off coupon, picking up on the Emerald Aisle 11/17 3 pm to 11/23 10 am...
(drum roll, please)...

Awesome! That's what I Like seeing....:thumbsup2

(drum roll, please)...

That's fantastic! i might have to go check National out again, My quotes with them were sky high. I have a Standard booked with Alamo for 11/26 - 12/1 coming in at $74.82. Since there isn't a Standard aisle at MCO, I'll get to choose a Full size, so I am very, very happy with this rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter