November 2011 car rentals

Pretty soon National is going to be paying me to drive the car for the week. This am, with the Sam's Club code and the $35 off coupon, picking up on the Emerald Aisle 11/17 3 pm to 11/23 10 am...
(drum roll, please)...

I got my price down to $68.00!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Where to find a Sam's Club code? We are members, logged in, looked everywhere imaginable on SC site, can not find anything to do with travel, car rentals, whatever. Is the code on the SC site?

Just wanted to post my final update: I arrived at MCO and headed to the counter, where there was NO ONE waiting. I was done in less than 5 mins. Headed out to the compact row and was surprised to see very few to choose from. We chose a light blue car, since most are white or red it seems. DD and I were shocked once we realized that it had manual windows and locks! I had to "show" DD how to roll the window down. :rotfl: It was a hassle at times to reach in and unlock her door, but since we only paid $77 for 6 days, I can't complain. (though I will check a little closer next time for power locks)

Pretty soon National is going to be paying me to drive the car for the week. This am, with the Sam's Club code and the $35 off coupon, picking up on the Emerald Aisle 11/17 3 pm to 11/23 10 am...
(drum roll, please)...

I got my price down to $68.00!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

amazing rate....just checked now for same dates and it is 61.00 using just "standard" emerald aisle codes.....contract id and 35 off id

further research, it seems to be good for bookings "next week until 20th" thereafter, the rate goes up to 220 or so...it all seems to be about timing ....keep checking

Where to find a Sam's Club code? We are members, logged in, looked everywhere imaginable on SC site, can not find anything to do with travel, car rentals, whatever. Is the code on the SC site?

when are your dates Dan, it seems the rate she mentioned is good for rentals up until November 20 for a week, after that the rate increases from base rate of 67 to base rate of 212 ( this is being done at 4 am in the morning by the way....)

no special coding for dates up until nov 21, just the regular Emerald Aisle code and ND 35$ off coupon BUT times of pickup and drop off seem to affect the rate eg if you leave it at default of 12 noon/12:30 pm ... it comes back at the HIGH base rate, change the times to 3 pm and 10 am as she lists AND boom.....GOOD rate, was also able to get the good rate using the pick up time of 1:00 pm

example....nov 20 at 1:00pm to dec 2 at 10 am....good rate, but nov 20 1 pm dec 2 1 pm higher rate ( seems like it is best to stager the times and not be exact same for both dates )

Best I have now is the 20% FL ID plus the Insider $35.

$118 for standard (full at MCO), 9 days 12/6-12/14

when are your dates Dan, it seems the rate she mentioned is good for rentals up until November 20 for a week, after that the rate increases from base rate of 67 to base rate of 212 ( this is being done at 4 am in the morning by the way....)

no special coding for dates up until nov 21, just the regular Emerald Aisle code and ND 35$ off coupon BUT times of pickup and drop off seem to affect the rate eg if you leave it at default of 12 noon/12:30 pm ... it comes back at the HIGH base rate, change the times to 3 pm and 10 am as she lists AND boom.....GOOD rate, was also able to get the good rate using the pick up time of 1:00 pm

example....nov 20 at 1:00pm to dec 2 at 10 am....good rate, but nov 20 1 pm dec 2 1 pm higher rate ( seems like it is best to stager the times and not be exact same for both dates )

12/6-14 lawgs. I have 11:30 AM PU and 4:30 PM DO.

Best I have now is the 20% FL ID plus the Insider $35.

$118 for standard (full at MCO), 9 days 12/6-12/14

12/6-14 lawgs. I have 11:30 AM PU and 4:30 PM DO.

Hi Dan...

best i see now is 354$ but will keep you in mind as we check rates...

funny thing i found out today, if you are EA and they have a better Full size rate, you cannot get it booking through your EA number since your account is "flagged" to charge the "mid size" rate.....if you book it with out putting any ez info, it comes back with the better rate, but then you are stuck going to the counter...

the way they have the PU DO times programmed is intriguing....

one should always try a few alternatives ( we usually just do the 7 day same time to same time ) since they seem to have some times " throwing" out higher rates even during the same rental day period

Hi Dan...

best i see now is 354$ but will keep you in mind as we check rates...

funny thing i found out today, if you are EA and they have a better Full size rate, you cannot get it booking through your EA number since your account is "flagged" to charge the "mid size" rate.....if you book it with out putting any ez info, it comes back with the better rate, but then you are stuck going to the counter...

the way they have the PU DO times programmed is intriguing....

one should always try a few alternatives ( we usually just do the 7 day same time to same time ) since they seem to have some times " throwing" out higher rates even during the same rental day period
Thanks, lawgs.

I always do the default EA but then click on the change car button to see what is available.

we were not as lucky....when we arrived at MCO it was later at night (so I think that alot of the overseas flights were coming in) but it wasnt bad....wait was about 5-10 minutes and done at the counter in about another 5....went out to the lot and showed them my slip which said full size...and she told me I could pick ANY car from 2 rows....liked it!!! I wish I would have got the Yukon that said "You would look good in me" (lol) only had to fill once (which was the last day before dropping off) I would choose a different color next time----everyone down there has a white rental (lol) But I will do Alamo again...and keep looking for great prices!!!

I got a mid-sized SUV from Alamo for Friday 12/9 10 am through Sunday 12/18 10 am for $249.86. Is that a good rate or are there better deals out there? We are a family of 5 so I want something roomy but we no longer need a mini-van which we have rented for the past 3 trips.

Anyone have National codes?? I just signed up for the Emerald Club... wanna check to see if i can find something cheaper through National.

~Nannette

I got an amazing deal with Alamo for Jersey week - Fri to Fri- standard size for $68 all in. The coupon was some sort of "American Airlines valley offer" but never questioned. Use the kiosk since there was a line. Easy-peasy - 5 minutes tops. Walked out to garage and directed to Full-size aisle since Alamo does not have standard aisle. Pretty much all Impalas, 2 Altimas but one was beat to hell, and the newer one I could not get the keys to work - couldn't get the trunk open - probably in valet mode or something but couldn't figure it out. No Fusions (which is what we were hoping for) but there was 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan with only 3000 miles on it so we took that. Clunky transmission but I am used to my Odyssey so who knows, maybe that is normal for Dodge. :confused3

We rented a huge Phil and Teds stroller when we were down there so it worked out nicely to have the van.

Friends of ours flew in the next day and said it was all Impalas and one Charger; they took and Impala and said it was fine. Huge trunk.

For anyone going to Florida from Nov 15 - 29 The last minute rates came out today on Alamo's website and Orlando is included (Thanksgiving time too!!) $245 for a mini van for a week
Hurry before the car classes sell out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter