November 2014 Car Rentals

Getting a sunpass for an outside FL resident is really easy. It may be a little bit in terms of an upfront cost $20, but that gives you the flexibility to never have to use platepass again.

Why is this important?...its only worth it for those that plan to stay longer or come back often. As someone that goes often and seeing the daily "rental" fee for platepass around $2.50...it only took me 8 car rental days to make up the money spent.

Plus, when you're on vacation, you want to do everything possible to avoid slowing the process down...hence speed right through the toll plaza.

You used to be able to get the sticker version of the sunpass for "free." The cost was $4.95, but they credited it back to use for tolls.

You just have to remember to take it off the rental when you drop off the car. We forgot once before getting on a 14 night cruise. I remembered shortly after we had left port. I only had a few dollars left on it, so it wasn't that bad.

I have officially given up. Seeing as we leave tomorrow, I just don't see us beating the deal we have. We are using Budget, picking up at MCO on 11/22, dropping off at Port Everglades 11/29. We have booked a compact. The price with all fees and taxes is $90.96 USD for the week. We lucked into some crazy Canadian resident rate awhile back and nothing has beat it since. I am really an Alamo girl, but know a deal when I see one.

Best of luck to all of those still in the hunt!!

I guess it's true - never give up. I checked rental prices again before our arrival tomorrow and my 10 day minivan rental out of TPA is down the lowest I've seen it. I was able to get it for $360 includes taxes through Costco. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter