November 2014 Car Rentals

Costco says it offers free additional driver at "participating locations." A few posts back someone said they just recently added a driver for free using the Costco code so I presume MCO is a participating location. I did not realize they did away with the free additional driver benefit for Insiders earlier this summer.

I am sure Costco will let you buy a membership even though you don't have a store nearby. I think the basic membership is $55, which is less than the $70 to pay for the additional driver. Plus you could use the 7014627 contract ID which might save you more money. (You can run a search using it first to see.) The membership also lets you order at member prices off their website. Might be worth checking out.

I am still getting prices in the $400+ range for minivans. Thanks for the help though, it's appreciated :)

I have a minivan booked through Alamo using annual pass holders code and a $30 off coupon. 11/28-12/6 for $215. That was booked a while back though.

You might also check national using the klm code. Sign up for emerald aisle and hope there's a minivan on it. Odds are pretty good. Then you can book a midsize. I have a midsize reservation there for same dates for $232 all in, but need to go add coupon code to get it down.

Send me a message if you are unfamiliar with the emerald aisle approach and I'll fill you in.

That is awesome! Our dates are close and the same pick up/drop off. I still have not been about to beat the $90 I got a few weeks ago (11/22-11/29 for a compact. I think it was some weird Canadian resident rate).

Are you a Costco member? Try using W852802 & MUGZ165 - you will probably get it down a little more.

Try looking at Budget with the codes I have:
BCD U072700 Southwest
MUWZ107 $25 off

compact is more than full size! you maybe able to do better, strangely with a larger car? :confused3

Try looking at Budget with the codes I have:
BCD U072700 Southwest
MUWZ107 $25 off

compact is more than full size! you maybe able to do better, strangely with a larger car? :confused3

ACtually your MUGZ165 was $35 ! :cool1: THANKS!

You might also check national using the klm code. Sign up for emerald aisle and hope there's a minivan on it. Odds are pretty good. Then you can book a midsize. I have a midsize reservation there for same dates for $232 all in, but need to go add coupon code to get it down.

Send me a message if you are unfamiliar with the emerald aisle approach and I'll fill you in.

Thanks, I went ahead and tried the KLM code and got a midsize for $223. I know the chances are slim for a minivan (I have never seen one on the aisle), but I may get lucky.

I also found code XZ53043 in another thread which brought the 7 day price down to $250 for a minivan, plus there was a coupon for a free day (with a 5 day rental) NFE5523NZP. I got this for $285 total. Not bad, but this is using a Compass Group code. Not sure if they would ask for a membership card.

I am going to keep working to try and find a minivan rental closer to $200!

Slightly OT, but the coupon I used is good on rentals until 11/30/14. My first rental day starts on 11/29 but I don't return until 12/6---the coupon should still apply right?

Thanks, I went ahead and tried the KLM code and got a midsize for $223. I know the chances are slim for a minivan (I have never seen one on the aisle), but I may get lucky.

I also found code XZ53043 in another thread which brought the 7 day price down to $250 for a minivan, plus there was a coupon for a free day (with a 5 day rental) NFE5523NZP. I got this for $285 total. Not bad, but this is using a Compass Group code. Not sure if they would ask for a membership card.

I am going to keep working to try and find a minivan rental closer to $200!

Slightly OT, but the coupon I used is good on rentals until 11/30/14. My first rental day starts on 11/29 but I don't return until 12/6---the coupon should still apply right?

I feel your pain, I need a minivan as well. We have a wheelchair to transport.
Could you share the KLM Code?

Thanks, I went ahead and tried the KLM code and got a midsize for $223. I know the chances are slim for a minivan (I have never seen one on the aisle), but I may get lucky. I also found code XZ53043 in another thread which brought the 7 day price down to $250 for a minivan, plus there was a coupon for a free day (with a 5 day rental) NFE5523NZP. I got this for $285 total. Not bad, but this is using a Compass Group code. Not sure if they would ask for a membership card. I am going to keep working to try and find a minivan rental closer to $200! Slightly OT, but the coupon I used is good on rentals until 11/30/14. My first rental day starts on 11/29 but I don't return until 12/6---the coupon should still apply right?

I have rented minivans and suburbans from the aisle at mco and tpa on several occasions. It's definitely worth a shot. Just be sure to make your pickup time about an hour after you expect to be there so you can cancel from your phone.

ACtually your MUGZ165 was $35 ! :cool1: THANKS!

On the Budget site, I see a great rate for the car and then when I select it, the next page adds $30 to the car rate plus the taxes and fees. Can anyone explain this?

I am renting for 6 days 12 hours. So I don't think it's a weekly rate that's being shown. Thanks!

Since Sunday my Dollar rate has dropped over $80. I leave tomorrow so 10/30-11/11 lock and go 179...... Used AP rate. Now that's more reasonable!
:yay:

My rates dropped from $235 to $163 for an intermediate car with Budget for Thanksgiving Day/Weekend. :drive:

Has anyone noticed that coupon for $30 AD2338FDF has changed and when checking rates now it does not include most cars. I am looking at something wrong.

Now my better half is worried that our currently booked midsize with that rate and $30 off will not be accepted when we get there. It still should be okay if it is still showing up on the reservation that is booked when I view it correct?

Has anyone noticed that coupon for $30 AD2338FDF has changed and when checking rates now it does not include most cars. I am looking at something wrong.

Now my better half is worried that our currently booked midsize with that rate and $30 off will not be accepted when we get there. It still should be okay if it is still showing up on the reservation that is booked when I view it correct?

Similar thing happened in August and don't worry. People called Alamo and once you're booked you're booked an the rate will stand. Especially if you check the reservation and it's still the same as when you booked, you're ok, that's the price you will be paying. I don't like to even call because why draw attention to the reservation, you've got it confirmed at a certain rate so why worry/bother.

Leave it alone IMO and enjoy the upcoming trip.

Once you get off the plane and have your luggage, go down to where the rental car counters are but don't go to the counter. Instead cross the street to the parking garage following signs for Alamo. Goto the isle labeled whatever you booked, full size/mid size/etc. Choose the vehicle you want and drive to the exit. At the exit the guy in the booth will check the confirmation you printed, your drivers license and credit card (so have that all ready after finding the car you want). He will hand it all back to you after a quick check and you're on your way.

Just a heads up, this works great for MCO, but at Sanford we got to the booth and they made us turn around and go all the way back inside. When I told them we had done the online check-in, they said it didn't matter we still had to go to the counter. :mad:

Just a heads up, this works great for MCO, but at Sanford we got to the booth and they made us turn around and go all the way back inside. When I told them we had done the online check-in, they said it didn't matter we still had to go to the counter. :mad:

Yeah, she said she'd be picking up at MCO which is why I explained it specific to her question but good to point that out for others who may be going elsewhere.

Honestly, alamo through the email or online should have explained it better specific to the location you were picking up from. That's just a fail on their part and should have made it up to you after having to turn around etc.

Does it matter whose name the reservation is under? I have it booked in my name but my husband would be the primary and only driver if we couldn't add a second for free.

I was always under the impression that any person who is going to drive the vehicle needs to be listed on the rental agreement, esp in case of an accident or moving violation.

Does it matter whose name the reservation is under? I have it booked in my name but my husband would be the primary and only driver if we couldn't add a second for free.

I have always understood it to be that if I book in my name, I am the primary driver. Secondary drivers would be anyone else.

If you want your husband to be the primary, I would call and ask if they can change it into his name. If not, my guess would be that you will have to either make a new reservation in his name, or list him as a secondary driver on that reservation.

I had alamo booked thru costco with p/u at the dolphin 11/24 and drop off at tpa on 12/1, standard suv $297 and full size car $227.

Just went through alamo.com using costco id 7014627 AND coupon AD2338FDF and brought my total down to $265 for the standard suv and $220 for the full size car.
another code I saw for alamo is the SW code 7013880.

Check your rates again. Mine just keep dropping!:cheer2:

Same rentals as above are now $194 full size car and $237 standard suv. I also saw under $300 for a van, but that is what I drive at home so I wanted to be "cooler" for a week. :p

Check your rates again. Mine just keep dropping!:cheer2:

Same rentals as above are now $194 full size car and $237 standard suv. I also saw under $300 for a van, but that is what I drive at home so I wanted to be "cooler" for a week. :p

My SUV rate dropped another $25 today, so I rebooked it and dropped my full size car ressie. The extra $15 total for the SUV is well worth it.
Full size car had actually increased $25 today.
The vans were down to $250.

Just keep checkin, just keep checkin...:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter