November 2014 Car Rentals

We leave in two weeks for wow then to disney cruise….i don't want to pay $300 for cruise transfer but when i do a one way one day rental its 129.00 for a full size one way? Any codes or are they only for weekly rentals? thanks for any help :)

I saw the first price drop since mid-August this morning. I had been holding a 9-day Nov 1 - 9 mid-size through Thrifty via Southwest and stacking a AAA code for $212. This morning Costco had a mid-size from Budget for $169 all in. I'm pretty happy with $169 but hoping to see it go down further in the next week before we leave.

Most everything has dropped a little bit.
Hopefully the downward trend continues from here!

Pretty big price drop this morning with Alamo for Nov 15-24 rental.
Be sure to check your rates.

I have got reserved:

11/24-12/1 w/ drop off @ TPA

Alamo @ Dolphin/ full size car / $287

Avis @ DTD Hilton / standard SUV / $297

I would obviously like the larger SUV, not the car, but we are staying at the YC and we pick up the car on our last day to drive to the beach. We could walk to the Dolphin to pick up the car.

Does the Hilton have a pick up service?

Anyone have any experience with the cars in these classes for these companies? We are a family of 5 and the beach is a 4 hour drive.

My DH is president's circle at Hertz, but their rates are insane and not improving. It is over $400 for an intermediate, which he could rent and get the 1 class upgrade free. That is no bargain!

Minivan for Nov 12-22 with Alamo has dropped slightly again but it still $521. I got $292 and I'm thinking that's the best I'm going to get. I'll still be checking everyday. Glad to see some of you are seeing a downward swing again!

The problem appears to be the use of a coupon but it shouldn't be as it has never been before. Basically, alamo has problems today with online checkin. I rebooked today as the price dropped alot. I used a $30 off coupon and that Disney passholder thing. When I attempted online check-in it gave two errors. I called and was told they are experiencing problems they are aware of and to try next week. Since I have time, that's fine but by the end of next week I'll call again and seek a solution as I want to bypass the counter like I always do.

New reservation is for a mid-size (Corolla) for 11 days Nov 5th-16th for $172 all taxes etc.

The problem appears to be the use of a coupon but it shouldn't be as it has never been before. Basically, alamo has problems today with online checkin. I rebooked today as the price dropped alot. I used a $30 off coupon and that Disney passholder thing. When I attempted online check-in it gave two errors. I called and was told they are experiencing problems they are aware of and to try next week. Since I have time, that's fine but by the end of next week I'll call again and seek a solution as I want to bypass the counter like I always do. New reservation is for a mid-size (Corolla) for 11 days Nov 5th-16th for $172 all taxes etc.

Thanks! Great info!

Alamo prices have dropped again, at least for me, since this morning. Mini van 10 day rental for my dates is now down to $368. Maybe there is a chance of it dropping under my $292!

Just checked again and Sunday morning prices have dropped, for me, since yesterday but ever so slightly. My mid size rental dropped a whopping dollar, lol. But full size came down at Alamo since yesterday so I rebooked because I was able to get a full size for $7 more than my midsize for 11 days. Usually standard at Alamo is a few dollars cheaper than fullsize, and you pick them from the same aisle anyway, but right now they have full size priced lower... Go figure.

Oh, and I should add, the online check-in still is not working from yesterday with the disney annual passholder and the $30 off coupon I used. It's from the navy federal credit union, which I belong to anyways, so I sure hope they fix this...

Can someone please explain Alamo's online check-in to me? We will pick up at MCO. How far ahead should I complete online check in and what do I do when we get off the plane? TIA!

Can someone please explain Alamo's online check-in to me? We will pick up at MCO. How far ahead should I complete online check in and what do I do when we get off the plane? TIA!

You can complete it immediately after making the reservation or wait, it doesn't matter. Just make sure to do it say a day (I'd do it right away personally) ahead of your flight to be safe. When you complete the online check-in you'll have to print the confirmation page, which will say to print it and bring it with you on the trip. Once you get off the plane and have your luggage, go down to where the rental car counters are but don't go to the counter. Instead cross the street to the parking garage following signs for Alamo. Goto the isle labeled whatever you booked, full size/mid size/etc. Choose the vehicle you want and drive to the exit. At the exit the guy in the booth will check the confirmation you printed, your drivers license and credit card (so have that all ready after finding the car you want). He will hand it all back to you after a quick check and you're on your way.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter