NYC CRUISES PLANNING/INFO ThREAD!

mtquinn said:
We went on the 8 night Bahama cruise, and it still stings when I think about what we had to pay. $280? Yikes.

Any other budget, close, off-site places to park? Close enough to walk with the bags?

Thanks!

Check www.nyc.bestparking.com for local garages near the terminal for the timeframe of your cruise. I was on the June 2nd cruise and the best I found was within $40 of the amount that it cost at the terminal ($280). I parked at the terminal to avoid the hassle of walking from offsite gararages.

I can't believe our 8/12 trip to Canada is less than 3 weeks away. We are driving down from Northern CT. We don't drive into NYC so wondering if people could suggest the best route and/or what address to plug into the GPS for the port?

Thanks everyone!

Kristina

I can't believe our 8/12 trip to Canada is less than 3 weeks away. We are driving down from Northern CT. We don't drive into NYC so wondering if people could suggest the best route and/or what address to plug into the GPS for the port?

Thanks everyone!

Kristina

I believe the address for the port is 711 12th Avenue, Mew York, NY.

Thanks everyone!

Kristina
I would like to suggest that you take a look at mapping the route yourself, to compare with your GPS. Coming from LI, my GPS had me driving over the Throggs Neck Bridge, then Cross Bronx Expressway to West Side Highway, then all the way down to the terminal! NO WAY! I elected to take (NSP to) LIE to 59th Street Bridge (no tolls!!!), then cross town at just north of mid-town (around 57th Street), to WSH , to terminal. Much better. Took an hour to drive in, then another 45 minutes to get across town -- not bad for a Friday morning! HTH.

I would like to suggest that you take a look at mapping the route yourself, to compare with your GPS. Coming from LI, my GPS had me driving over the Throggs Neck Bridge, then Cross Bronx Expressway to West Side Highway, then all the way down to the terminal! NO WAY! I elected to take (NSP to) LIE to 59th Street Bridge (no tolls!!!), then cross town at just north of mid-town (around 57th Street), to WSH , to terminal. Much better. Took an hour to drive in, then another 45 minutes to get across town -- not bad for a Friday morning! HTH.

I agree with ddixxon. Depending on where in Northern CT, you could come down I-95 or across via I-84. Either way, I would get your self to the Saw Mill River Pkwy south. It becomes the Henry Hudson Parkway which takes you right to the pier.

I agree with ddixxon. Depending on where in Northern CT, you could come down I-95 or across via I-84. Either way, I would get your self to the Saw Mill River Pkwy south. It becomes the Henry Hudson Parkway which takes you right to the pier.

This! Try to avoid the Cross Bronx Expressway or I-95 in the Bronx. It is the absolute worst at any time of the day.

Just wanted to say that we had a great time on our NYC cruise- and for those interested in a appraisal of INK48, if we do another cruise out of NYC, that's where we'll stay!
We walked a whole block to the terminal from the hotel, and somehow we got an upgrade to a 'premier' room that had a HUGE tub in it. The shower was awesome, except the adjustable shower head had a malfunction. The bed was super comfy though- hope this helps someone.

How much does it cost to park at the terminal? Also, does anyone know how much it costs to go through the Lincoln Tunnel? We are trying to figure out the cheapest option as far as getting into the City and parking our car.

TIA!

how much does it cost to park at the terminal? Also, does anyone know how much it costs to go through the lincoln tunnel? We are trying to figure out the cheapest option as far as getting into the city and parking our car.

Tia!

lincoln tunnel toll is $12.00

parking at the port is $35. Per day

MJ

lincoln tunnel toll is $12.00

parking at the port is $35. Per day

MJ

Thanks, MJ, for the quick response. We'll probably take the ferry over from Weehawken. That looks to be our cheapest option and we won't have to drive into the City.

Has anyone found cheap car service from Long Island to the cruise terminal?
I've been planning on taking the train - but I'm just feeling lazy...

Has anyone found cheap car service from Long Island to the cruise terminal?
I've been planning on taking the train - but I'm just feeling lazy...
Ah, the quest for decent car service on LI! I have yet to find a service that I like (after many year, and many trips to JFK, etc from Eastern LI). Drivers have smoked/repeatedly dropped f@##!-bombs in the car/limo (stopped both, but had to repeat reminders not to curse in front of the child); shown up late; not shown up at all (either for pick up or return). If you find a decent/reliable/reasonably priced service, please share! ;)

Ah, the quest for decent car service on LI! I have yet to find a service that I like (after many year, and many trips to JFK, etc from Eastern LI). Drivers have smoked/repeatedly dropped f@##!-bombs in the car/limo (stopped both, but had to repeat reminders not to curse in front of the child); shown up late; not shown up at all (either for pick up or return). If you find a decent/reliable/reasonably priced service, please share! ;)

I've been pricing some of them out and I am convinced their thinking is influenced by some sort of pharmaceutical :upsidedow

Nd
Thanks, MJ, for the quick response. We'll probably take the ferry over from Weehawken. That looks to be our cheapest option and we won't have to drive into the City.

You will need to buy round trip ferry tickets for the four of you and take a cab to and from the terminal. You will also need to pay for parking at the ferry terminal. Check the prices on the NY Waterway website.

We are staying in Jersey City. I'm trying to map the route to the terminal and wondering if it's better to take Washington Street to the Lincoln Tunnel, or to take the Holland Tunnel and come up 9A. We are leaving Saturday, if it makes a difference.

I believe we have an 11:10 arrival into JFK and are using DCL transfers. How does it work? Is there a desk to go to? Or is someone there to meet you? How often do the buses leave? Not sure if we're checking our bags or if doing carry on (if that even matters).

Thanks!

Nicole

We are staying in Jersey City. I'm trying to map the route to the terminal and wondering if it's better to take Washington Street to the Lincoln Tunnel, or to take the Holland Tunnel and come up 9A. We are leaving Saturday, if it makes a difference.

You're closer to the Holland tunnel. West Side Highway (9A) will be an easy drive on a Saturday morning.

Nd

You will need to buy round trip ferry tickets for the four of you and take a cab to and from the terminal. You will also need to pay for parking at the ferry terminal. Check the prices on the NY Waterway website.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just DH and myself our going on the cruise out of NYC so it looks like it will be $66 vs. $82. We'll stick with the ferry to avoid driving into the City and we'll save $16.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just DH and myself our going on the cruise out of NYC so it looks like it will be $66 vs. $82. We'll stick with the ferry to avoid driving into the City and we'll save $16.

I'm assuming light luggage for a 2 night cruise. You could easily walk to and from the ferry terminal to the cruise terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter