October 11-18, 2008 Eastern Magic-Parrothead Pirates in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is actually having a double dip in October, but it's the last week...over Halloween. The kids won't have any days off of school that week, where as this trip falls over Columbus Day.
I was not involved with too much of the planning of the last cruise. We cruised with some WONDERFUL people who just got things done! The gal that did the Tshirts knew a guy locally. Two other folks designed the shirts and she had them made. Another guy designed the door signs and we printed them at home. Eveyone brought something to represent where they were from. One lady brought salt water taffy as she was from the coast, another made a pin with a penny as she was from Ill, another made a music CD for everyone, another brought pencils that had the cruise date on it....the token things were SO nice and in abundance! We all met on Deck 9 to over look the pools and enjoy the sailaway party together and exchange are "gifts". Tshirts were mailed out ahead of time so they could be washed, packed and worn onto the ship the day we departed. Several had cruised together before and had dinner tables together. It was just SO nice to be able to sit at the pool and "know" someone! At the Cozumel Beach Break we had SO much fun! It was like our own personal party since we knew so many people! As for the list, there was one fellow that was The Keeper of the List, and you would email your info to him and he would keep track of it in a spread sheet. Every few months he would email it out to everyone. It had your screen name, real names, email, cabin #, dinner time and if you were celebrating. Ours would be
WDWCrazzyCunninghams WVAvalancheClub@aol.com/Steve, Michele, Colton 13, Connor 11/ 7119 & 7121 L (Late dining, M would be Main Dining)/No Celebration
Like I said this was in a spread sheet form, so the / would really be the separate boxes of the sheet.
Another fellow hosted a website that we could go to and chat about the upcoming cruise. It was nice because the information was separated into catagories....excursions in Cozumel, excursions in Costa Maya, show your photos, sharing limos, etc. Of course another website is NOT necessary, but it was nice. Maybe we could use the first page to start a list for now, and as the list grows, then maybe we could have an emailed list.
Phew! Thanks for the welcomes and I guess I have rambled on tonight! :rolleyes1 Let the planning begin!:banana:

That is what we did on our last cruise too.. We had the t-shirts made. I LOVE THE IDEA of bringing something from where you are from.. How cool is that. I say we get that idea rolling. We also should probally start a list on the first page of all of the DIS members thus far. Then we can load them all onto the web site.. As we get more members it will be easier to take care of and keep track of things this way. I have created different pages on the web site for port of call information. So maybe we can get volunteers to find information about different things to do there. Then we could organize times to meet if people wanted too..
I will finish up on the web site then we could use the spread sheet idea to compose all of the inforamtion.. Looks like we will really have a great cruise. Hopefully, we can all get really involved and have some great fun....

I saw that Disney has a double dip over Halloween but it is an alternative Western and we really like the Eastern ports of call.....

I also remembered today that we played Tag! We had a large group, so we had 2 Tags going around, but basically it was a laminated sign with magnets. On the back was a list of staterooms that were playing. If you came back to your room and the Tag was on the door, you would write the day that you were tagged and then pass it on to someone that had yet to be tagged! The kids LOVED doing this! Plus it was fun to come back to the room and find the Tag there.
There was a very large family that cruised at the same time with us...maybe a family reunion...they had at least 10 cabins. To identify their rooms, they cut out black Mickey Ears and tucked them into the "porthole" room number, so it was a Mickey Icon. It was a really cute idea! One that I might have to steal for our rooms at least...but everyone here is welcome to do the same!

I also remembered today that we played Tag! We had a large group, so we had 2 Tags going around, but basically it was a laminated sign with magnets. On the back was a list of staterooms that were playing. If you came back to your room and the Tag was on the door, you would write the day that you were tagged and then pass it on to someone that had yet to be tagged! The kids LOVED doing this! Plus it was fun to come back to the room and find the Tag there.
There was a very large family that cruised at the same time with us...maybe a family reunion...they had at least 10 cabins. To identify their rooms, they cut out black Mickey Ears and tucked them into the "porthole" room number, so it was a Mickey Icon. It was a really cute idea! One that I might have to steal for our rooms at least...but everyone here is welcome to do the same!

Love the idea for the Mickey Icon with the "porthole." Great idea..

On our cruise last time we had the tag sign too it was fun...!!!!

welcome Cuninghams!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It should take me 16 months to figure out what I could bring from Alabama. Hard red dirt maybe?

Carmen

Welcome Cunninghams. I went to graduate school at West Virginia University so I have a soft spot for West Virginia.

Steve

Hello, Just checking in hope everyone is feeling great today.

One of my twins Hope is sick with a high fever..UGH!! I hate it when they do not feel well.......

Hello, Just checking in hope everyone is feeling great today.

One of my twins Hope is sick with a high fever..UGH!! I hate it when they do not feel well.......

Oh no, I hope she feels better soon. My dd went back to school for the 1st time with her braces. She did great all weekend, but today she was nervous.

Oh no, I hope she feels better soon. My dd went back to school for the 1st time with her braces. She did great all weekend, but today she was nervous.

Erika, thanks she has a high fever. Well I think it is high. 102.8 the dr. on the other hand does not thinkit is that high. SHe also has a bad sinus infection too..ONly a matter of time though till her twin sister gets it...

I hope your daughter has a good.Let us know how it goes..pixiedust: pixiedust: Sending some pixie dust to her today!!!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Hey everyone....

We are seriously looking into this cruise date....just have to finalize a few things first but this dates looks like the one we will be picking.:woohoo:

This will be our 17th DCL cruise!!! We actually were on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back on July 29, 1998!!! DCL has come a long way since then!!!We have done most of the itineraries and I even did the 14 day Panama Canal cruise back in August of '05....that was AWESOME!!! So, if anyone has any questions...please don't hesitate to ask.

Anyway our group so far should be about 10 people in 5 cabins....we last sailed in November of '06 and had a group of 20. Some of us rebooked onboard and I moved our dummy date to the May '08 Panama Canal cruise but I think I am cancelling that one to do October 11th. Hubby did not really want to do 15 days onboard....and none of our other friends were able to get Tier 1 pricing so it got to be too expensive.

I'll let you guys know when we are finalized!!!! Sound like you guys have great group going!!!

Here are some links to some of our past DCL Eastern cruises...

http://family.webshots.com/album/74573094mVGtnZ

http://family.webshots.com/album/76180824QGGyRx

http://family.webshots.com/album/118553635inKqNd

http://travel.webshots.com/album/118565870iFsqZi

There are many pics of the beaches/sites in all the ports.

We have not done the Eastern for a few years so I am really excited about going back to St. Thomas/St. Martin and especially CC.

Have a good night!!!

MJ (Mary Jane)

Welcome Mary Jane. We hope that you will be able to join us. Sounds like you will have alot of experience to help us all.

Steve

Just got a confirmation letter from my TA showing all of my onboard credit. With a book and stickers for the kids...That was soo nice now if it was only closer...LOL!!!!!

Hey everyone....

We are seriously looking into this cruise date....just have to finalize a few things first but this dates looks like the one we will be picking.:woohoo:

This will be our 17th DCL cruise!!! We actually were on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back on July 29, 1998!!! DCL has come a long way since then!!!We have done most of the itineraries and I even did the 14 day Panama Canal cruise back in August of '05....that was AWESOME!!! So, if anyone has any questions...please don't hesitate to ask.

Anyway our group so far should be about 10 people in 5 cabins....we last sailed in November of '06 and had a group of 20. Some of us rebooked onboard and I moved our dummy date to the May '08 Panama Canal cruise but I think I am cancelling that one to do October 11th. Hubby did not really want to do 15 days onboard....and none of our other friends were able to get Tier 1 pricing so it got to be too expensive.

I'll let you guys know when we are finalized!!!! Sound like you guys have great group going!!!

Here are some links to some of our past DCL Eastern cruises...

http://family.webshots.com/album/74573094mVGtnZ

http://family.webshots.com/album/76180824QGGyRx

http://family.webshots.com/album/118553635inKqNd

http://travel.webshots.com/album/118565870iFsqZi

There are many pics of the beaches/sites in all the ports.

We have not done the Eastern for a few years so I am really excited about going back to St. Thomas/St. Martin and especially CC.

Have a good night!!!

MJ (Mary Jane)

MJ,

WELCOME WELCOME!!!!!

I have started to look at your photos. Thanks soo much for sharing I am going to look at more tonight...

I soo hope that you can join us.. You will have all of the advice and expertise to help our group...

No one going yet with a son who will be 15 at the time? I'm not too worried about my then 12 yr old dd, she makes friends easy, but my son I am more concerned about. He's not into sports or dancing and stuff, so I'm hoping to find someone he might be able to hang with who likes video games and stuff.

......We went last October and had quite a few kids on the cruise. Just from the disboards there were a lot esp from TN b/c of fall break......
Hello daisy112878, Hello WDWCrazzyCunninhams, Hello All! :wave2: There is a better than average chance that some of the Tennessee bunch will be joining this cruise as well. Most of the delegation will be on Sept. 29 Eastern this year and they will book while on that cruise. Not sure when we will book yet. Just 2 of us though, myself and my DW M&M64. Have some reading to do to catch up on the thread. :surfweb:
Allen

Hello daisy112878, Hello WDWCrazzyCunninhams, Hello All! :wave2: There is a better than average chance that some of the Tennessee bunch will be joining this cruise as well. Most of the delegation will be on Sept. 29 Eastern this year and they will book while on that cruise. Not sure when we will book yet. Just 2 of us though, myself and my DW M&M64. Have some reading to do to catch up on the thread. :surfweb:
Allen

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

So hoping that you are all able to join us on the cruise. Sounds like it would be a fun bunch......

Hi everyone, We just booked our first cruise for oct 08 last night! We are so excited to have finally booked it. There are 4 of us that will be cruising, Me DH and our 2 DS who will be 4 and 6. Our youngest son will be celebrating his birthday on the first day of our cruise, so we are going to try to make it extra special.

Welcome Pinkygirl and all the cruisers. Looks like we will be taking over the ship.:cool1:

Steve

Hi everyone, We just booked our first cruise for oct 08 last night! We are so excited to have finally booked it. There are 4 of us that will be cruising, Me DH and our 2 DS who will be 4 and 6. Our youngest son will be celebrating his birthday on the first day of our cruise, so we are going to try to make it extra special.

WELCOME WELCOME!!!!

How exciting for you... Have you told your kids yet or are you waiting to tell them???

we've already spilled the beans, but I don't think they realize what it means yet. My 5 year old only knows we're going on a big boat LOL and mickey will be there. And my youngest (2yrs old) has no clue. So I'm hoping they will sort of forget about it and it will be a surprise. They travel very well too which really helps, we went to Barbados last year and my oldest still remembers it very well.

we've already spilled the beans, but I don't think they realize what it means yet. My 5 year old only knows we're going on a big boat LOL and mickey will be there. And my youngest (2yrs old) has no clue. So I'm hoping they will sort of forget about it and it will be a surprise. They travel very well too which really helps, we went to Barbados last year and my oldest still remembers it very well.

Have you gotten the free DVD from Disney Cruise yet?? My kids love watching it we watched it again this morning.

My twins will be six when we cruise. So they will be your sons age tooo..

How was Barbados?? We are working on pricing out a ST. Thomas trip... The kids loved it there when we went there on the cruise.

When we were at ST. Marteen we went to a great beach for kids our age. It was Little Divvi Beach. It was perfect for kids. It was recommended to me from the DIS Boards..

Steve,
Any chance you figured out how to add music to the web site..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter