October 2011 Car Rental Rates

Car rental savers is offering Inter SUV for 10/14 - 10/21 for $325 (all in price). Under the Florida Smart Book section.

I just got a full size with Thrifty for Oct 14 to 21 with Orlando MagiCard Code for $219 (all in price). I'm satisfied with this - but will keep my eye out for something better!

That's not bad at all. I'm getting $300ish all in. I'm assuming too early yet. I booked Hotwire for our May trip and could've done better I found out later.

(Thanks for the bump, LOVESWDW!)

We have a mini van thru Budget for $299 10/16-10/22. I used BCD x474200

I used the same code for our trip 10/23-10/28 got a Standard Sized SUV for $225 ($299 with taxes and fees).

How is budget at MCO? I guess they give you your car and not you picking one out.

What level are they on?

Budget is great, we used to always use Alamo, but they are like $300 more :scared1:

We have always gotten to pick out our own vehicle with Budget, just go out to the garage and pick one out. I'm sure if you are assigned and unhappy you can complain and make a change if something else is available.

We have always gotten to pick out our own vehicle with Budget, just go out to the garage and pick one out. I'm sure if you are assigned and unhappy you can complain and make a change if something else is available.

Interesting...we've never gotten to pick out our vehicle with Budget. They always give you a parking lot space number and there's your car. They have given me a choice before like do you want a Taurus or a Hyundai? Both are available. But never just walk out to the garage and pick one out. :confused3

I got a price thru Budget for $351.00 total for 10/26 - 11/2 for a full size car. Yesterday, I went on Thrifty and got the same for $251. Now today on Thrifty's website, I put in my info and a thing came up for Hot Deals in Orlando. So I clicked on it and it gave me $229 total for the same.
I am very happy with that and reserved it but will continue to check.
Has anyone used thrifty at MCO/ I am hoping it is right in the Terminal. Anyone know?

Thanks

The prices will drop significantly in August/September for October travel dates. We visit EVERY year at the same time of year. ten months in advance the prices are low, then they come up again, then lower to their lowest prices in August/September.

I have a 10-day compact through Alamo for a little over $171, taxes included. I booked it in November when I bought our WDW package. I typically pay $141 to $152 for the same reservation in years past.

Im hoping the prices come down as it gets closer to my trip too. I have a fullsize from 10/22-10/28 for $272 using Costco ID and EB coupon. But thats much higher than I have ever paid. Fingers crossed.

Have been keeping my eye on prices for the last few months. We need an suv/van from oct 22 - nov 2!

Our trip is for 10 days at the end of October and I am SHOCKED :scared1: at how high the car rental prices are in comparison to our past trips. Here is the best (I am using this term loosely) rates I have found through Alamo. I would be interested in anyone else has found better.

• Standard size --- $386.03 with Entertainment code - AU4234FDA
  • Fullsize --- $397.75 with Entertainment code - AU4234FDA

One thing I like about using Alamo is that on our past trips we have been auto-upgraded when we pick up the car. We walk in with a standard or fullsize reservation and they have offered a minivan or SUV at no charge. I am hoping that we get a good price and the auto-upgrade.

We got a midsize (Hyundai Sonata) from Thrifty 10/18 - 10/24 for $189.96 with coupon code ooag. But, I'm still watching!

I have a one-way reservation for a full-size car from MCO to the Dolphin for $53 (inc. taxes/fees) each way with National Executive Aisle using the Car & Driver code. One-day rentals are tough because there are rarely any coupons for one-day rentals, but I am hoping that drops a little before October!

I have a Fusion booked with Dollar, 10/16-10/23, pickup at Sanford, for $187. Never used Dollar before. I've used Budget and Alamo, but they are both nasty expensive right now. I'll keep watch though to see if either of them come down at all.

I am waiting for prices to drop too - we got an unbelievable deal back in May with Budget for $5 a day for a one-way - we flew down, picked up the car and drove it all week, then drove home - it was a compact, but what a savings even with gas ($83 for week with tax plus $167 for gas). We did a one way because we had a stop on the way home for a side trip.

This trip (Oct. 20-Nov.5) I will be driving down and home because I have to pack the car for a side-trip camping at Talladega before two weeks at WDW. So far, because it's 16 days, the cost is around $700 from Buffalo airport. Having paid $110 a week last Christmas at Alamo for a full-size, I refuse to pay $300 a week for the same vehicle that I already own. Our Impala is 3 years old and needs new tires, so if the prices don't come down to rent a car, I will just get the new tires and drive our own car down.

Still watching for deals though, so keep posting as our dates get closer!

Im just surprised there has not been ANY budging of prices for the past month or so. I would have thought they would go up and down a little, but they are locked in stone in seems.

modified my national res this am:)cutting my existing res by approx $30

8 days now $272.xx for full size, Dollar still $70 cheaper for mid size

non-LDW, one of those codes i hope not to be asked to produce an affinity ID. Used it few weeks ago @ MYR. being ExA seems to help reduce scrutiny, but hoping the rates drop so i can be legit.

& $35 sams club coupon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter