October 2011 Car Rental Rates

modified my national res this am:)cutting my existing res by approx $30

8 days now $272.xx for full size, Dollar still $70 cheaper for mid size

non-LDW, one of those codes i hope not to be asked to produce an affinity ID. Used it few weeks ago @ MYR. being ExA seems to help reduce scrutiny, but hoping the rates drop so i can be legit.

& $35 sams club coupon

That's a good deal. Still waiting to see if there are any better offers out there. Might just have to put a offer through priceline again and see what I can get.

modified my national res this am:)cutting my existing res by approx $30

8 days now $272.xx for full size, Dollar still $70 cheaper for mid size

non-LDW, one of those codes i hope not to be asked to produce an affinity ID. Used it few weeks ago @ MYR. being ExA seems to help reduce scrutiny, but hoping the rates drop so i can be legit.

& $35 sams club coupon

Tell me more about the $35 Sam's Club coupon. I wasn' aware that they had coupons for car rentals. This could definitely help us out too.

Tell me more about the $35 Sam's Club coupon. I wasn' aware that they had coupons for car rentals. This could definitely help us out too.

I used ND8578ADT when i made it months ago, believe it now has expiry date of 8/31 though. Here's another one that's working: Sams $30 ND8594DJA.

Entertainment has a 'free day' which can more than hit $35 depending on base rate.

I thought Sam's dropped their travel program at the end of March this year. I can't find anything on their website any more about car rentals. Am I not looking in the right place?

I thought Sam's dropped their travel program at the end of March this year. I can't find anything on their website any more about car rentals. Am I not looking in the right place?

correct in that the travel info no longer on their site

the various corporate codes & coupons were still valid last i checked

correct in that the travel info no longer on their site

the various corporate codes & coupons were still valid last i checked

Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that after March none of the codes and coupons were valid, unless the reservation had been already made.. I'll have to stop by customer service the next time I'm there and see what I can find out. I don't need the rental until Nov. Would love to get a better rate!

We always rent with National....rates are super high for Oct., higher than I have ever seen it. Cheapest I could come up (trying various codes) is $244/wk for mid-size. Interesting thing is, this is picking up at WDW car care center and returning to MCO. If you plug in pick up at MCO and returning to MCO is is about $160 higher. :scared1: I would prefer just picking it up at MCO and not having to use DME but if it will save me that much...then that is what we will do.

I am confident the prices will come down, at least some, as it gets closer...just keep checking rates using different codes. :)

We are also traveling to OKW in Oct and have found car rental rates really high. Costco has a good discount code but the base rates have gone up. Need a care for 9 days of our 15 days stay. Hope rates fall a little in the next weeks to book.

We always rent with National....rates are super high for Oct., higher than I have ever seen it. Cheapest I could come up (trying various codes) is $244/wk for mid-size. Interesting thing is, this is picking up at WDW car care center and returning to MCO. If you plug in pick up at MCO and returning to MCO is is about $160 higher. :scared1: I would prefer just picking it up at MCO and not having to use DME but if it will save me that much...then that is what we will do.

I am confident the prices will come down, at least some, as it gets closer...just keep checking rates using different codes. :)

i always forget to check out rates @ car care center, not a big deal to take ME to WDW, thanx:thumbsup2

I joined USAA (free and you dont have to open a bank account) and found a good rate on a mini-van for October. They use 3 companies but I believe it was Avis which gave me a total cost of $678 for a 15 day minivan rental, unlimited miles. Plus, your USAA covers all the insurance stuff I believe.

I've been watching the September board and people are getting ridiculously good deals on priceline bidding $8-$10/day. I've tried everything from $10 - $18 per day on 4 different car sizes and NOTHING is accepted for October. I don't know if it's b/c I want to pick up on 10/08 (Columbus Day Weekend??) Did anyone get any good rates on priceline??

I've been watching the September board and people are getting ridiculously good deals on priceline bidding $8-$10/day. I've tried everything from $10 - $18 per day on 4 different car sizes and NOTHING is accepted for October. I don't know if it's b/c I want to pick up on 10/08 (Columbus Day Weekend??) Did anyone get any good rates on priceline??

its too early to start bidding

From everything I have read 2 weeks before. That's when I usually start and go with it until my bid is accepted

We had gotten a regular SUV (smaller ones) for about $180 for 10 days, but that was about two years ago. Is this realistic to expect? We are going for 10 days again and would like to be sure to stay below $200 (if not lower). We will need the space of at least a fullsize, but right now they are pricing out at about $400. OUCH!

I used these codes from the August rental thread

BCD X474200
coupon code MUGZ029

and got a minivan for $299 for 10/22-10/29.

What do these codes require? Or apply to? I can get a minivan from sanford 10/28 and drop off in st. pete on 11/4 for $225. Well, with tax, its $298.

What do these codes require? Or apply to? I can get a minivan from sanford 10/28 and drop off in st. pete on 11/4 for $225. Well, with tax, its $298.

You don't have to show anything if that's what you mean. I used it for my minivan rental 10/16-10/22

I finally booked my flights for Oct. I wasn't happy with flight times and fares to MCO so I checked flights to Tampa. I came up with best fares and times (with Non-stops :)) flying from Rochester to MCO and going back from Tampa. However I was concerned about the rental prices. To my surprise I got a midsize from National picking up at MCO returning to TPA for $187. This is much cheaper than picking up and returning to MCO :confused3. Kind of strange but I couldn't be happier. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter