October 2013 - Car Rental

ean

Mouseketeer
I could not find any October 2013 car rental related thread, so I am starting this one.

I made a reservation for first half of October and the following code is working.

ALAMO:
30 USD discount for the total reservation using the following:

Coupon AD2492ACX :thumbsup2

"Reserve any size car in the United States, Latin America or Caribbean.
Valid for a rental of at least 5 days with a Saturday overnight keep.
Valid through 12/31/13."

I haven't checked out rentals for our October trip but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I book, cancel, rebook, repeat for months before our trip. Usually I can snag a good deal if I'm persistent. :)

I'll be looking shortly too. Better not be as high as they are for Feb :confused3

I don't know what the Feb rates are but October are HIGH right now. I priced out a 9 day rental through Costco this morning. Oct 18-27, cheapest full size was from Alamo, $582. OUCH. :faint: I'll keep looking.

Looking for a good rate too. I need a minivan for 10 day rental. Looking at prices 700.00 ouch!

Still working on my May 2013 reservation, but always have an eye out for my October 2013 too.

Looking this far out and you will get sticker SHOCK. As your trip gets closer is when you will find the best deal:thumbsup2

Minivan 8 days in October thru Budget with Travelocity code x474200 $359. Also added $40 AARP coupon MUPZ044 (Husband is an AARP member). Total price should be around $320. Good starting reservation, in my opinion.

I'm looking at a minivan for 9 days. I'm scared to even look right now based on what everyone has put out there. I was hoping around $300 but I'm probably way off for a realistic price. I've never rented before so I have no clue.

I'm looking at a minivan for 9 days. I'm scared to even look right now based on what everyone has put out there. I was hoping around $300 but I'm probably way off for a realistic price. I've never rented before so I have no clue.

Try the X474200 Travelocity code for budget. I tried it and it was $359.27, for 9 days.

Was that with all the taxes and fees included?

Sorry I used the dates Oct 11-19 (8 days). But yes it did include taxes and fees. I just tried it with the dates Oct 11 -20 and it was $415.69. Just go to the budget web site and check off the box to use a offer code, enter the X474200. It can't hurt to try and you can always cancel if you find something better.

Sorry I used the dates Oct 11-19 (8 days). But yes it did include taxes and fees. I just tried it with the dates Oct 11 -20 and it was $415.69. Just go to the budget web site and check off the box to use a offer code, enter the X474200. It can't hurt to try and you can always cancel if you find something better.

I was able to get a quote for $398.82. But, just so I don't screw it up, I click on pay at rental counter to avoid having a cancellation fee or change fees, right?

I went ahead and booked it for $398.82. According to my reservations...

"If your plans change and you no longer require the rental, you must cancel this reservation before the scheduled pick-up time or you will be charged a $75 U.S. fee ($50 U.S. for a budget.com paid rental)."

So I guess I'm okay to cancel without penalty if I find a better deal somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter