October 2013 - Car Rental

Still way to early to book for Oct.

Not always - we booked our Dec car rental when it first became available to do so and now even the price I have is no longer avaialble, everthing is 25-50% more. For our August reservation the price we have is now also higher then when we first booked about 10 monhts in advance.

We will keep checking but if the prices do not come down we are happy with what we have as I cannot even find those prices any more. The way I have always found car rental rates is that the more cars they have the better the price. The less inventory they have the prices increase. That is not to say if they have more cars than they think closer to the price will not come down but I rather have a lower price to begin and then keep checking in case anyhing else becomes availale which it doesn't always

if the prices do not come down
That would break the pattern of the past six or so years (for mid-Octber). Last year I think they cut it a bit closer with the major price drops just 10 or so days out, but they eventually dropped.

You can also try xz53043 as your contract code. Our disboards resident rental car employee for National posted it recently and said it was a legit code. It gave me a better rate for my October rental than the KLM did. Not alot, but I'm more comfortable with it. I also added the entertainment coupon too.

What kind of code is the xz53043?

You can also try xz53043 as your contract code. Our disboards resident rental car employee for National posted it recently and said it was a legit code. It gave me a better rate for my October rental than the KLM did. Not alot, but I'm more comfortable with it. I also added the entertainment coupon too.

i've tried it with a few different reservations i have booked over past few weeks but it hasn't been 'the best' for my dates.

Always good to keep plugging away the top codes. So many say they find great deals last minute but that strategy just hasn't worked for me YMMV.

alamo priced out well for me for a early june rental but no luck yet for October.

Subscribing. We're going for 12 days (14th through the 26th) and right now Enterprise is looking like the best option.

Oct1st- Oct 8th 750.00 with no discounts for a minivan. Guess I will be checking back! This is my first time booking a minivan, I am used to economy!

I think I just figured something out that is going to save our family a lot of money. We are flying into Pensacola and driving to DW and need to rent a minivan. Prices are all well over $1,200 for our dates. But... I just tried a drop off of MCO and the rate drops to about $400 without much of a discount. Somewhere I read that I can still take the ME from MCO, even if I didn't just fly in, as long as I make a reservation.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Cheapest minivan rental I have seen is with National using the KLM code flying into Tampa. Which was 520.00 using a entertainment coupon. This is for a 10 night rental. Not terrible. But I have a hard time paying this. When I pain 150 with taxes for a minivan with alamo for 8 days in Nov of last year.

Just rechecked my minivan rental out of Tampa. KLM code and entertainment book coupon down to 405 with taxes for 10 night rental! Still higher than I like but I booked in case. Signed up for National Emerald Express to have hubby as free driver! Which is a must on nearly every trip.

Just rechecked my minivan rental out of Tampa. KLM code and entertainment book coupon down to 405 with taxes for 10 night rental! Still higher than I like but I booked in case. Signed up for National Emerald Express to have hubby as free driver! Which is a must on nearly every trip.

ain, what is the KLM code and also what does the entertainment book offer? Trying to decide if I should pick up a entertainment book or not.

I'm at $503 for October 4-13 (10 days) through Enterprise....hoping it goes down, but I guess it's not terrible???

Forgive me, but I'm new at this. Historically, what has been considered a "good" rate for a minivan in mid October for a Saturday to Saturday rental? We will be there Oct 12-19.

We have paid about $302(taxes included) for a week rental (minivan) through Budget using that Travelocity code for about 3 years now...Sadly, that is not working anymore.

I just booked a 9 day rental with National using the code from page 3
(xz53043) for $426 taxes included for a minivan Nov 2-11. So far, this is by far the best rate I have found. I am fine with this rate, but will keep checking.

Does anyone know if National allows a spouse to drive? When I tried to add him, it upped the cost 9.99 per day. Not worth it for our family...

Thanks everyone!

Since I posted an hour ago, I started playing more with codes...

I found this code on the June 2013 thread...

Check National with ID#8572130 (KLM code)

9 days for $368 (incl taxes) now for a minivan (this includes a one time use $20 off code from my Attractions book). I have never used this code, but it is reported that you don't need to show anything.

And so the game continues...:cool1:

the KLM code is 8572130, then I have a 25 off coupon with Entertainment book. I picked up our book for 10.00 and its have various coupons. Not just for Orlando.

KLM code has been lowest for me by a huge margin (and I love National so it makes me happy). I made my full-size reservation about a month ago: 13 days, $407. It has risen a bit since then.

Thanks SO MUCH for the National KLM code! We've never used National before but this is by far the cheapest for a minivan October 12-20, it was $348!

Can I join the Emerald Club on their site and just go right to the garage at MCO like you can do with Budget?

Thanks so much for the code from page 3 (xz53043)! It's for the Compass Group (food service company). Any time I have used an employers code I have never been asked when picking up a car rental for business travel, so it would really surprise me if that were to happen.

I just booked a 8 day rental (10/18-10/25) with National using Full Size for $236 (after tax) from Disney Car Care! Best deal I have seen! It has saved my over $100 from what I could find this year and last year with similar dates! :cool1:

When researching last year I kept checking with codes from Mousesavers in July/August timeframe if that helps? That's when most of the codes seem to come out for October. I checked multiple rental car companies from the DCC and MCO (+2 days with MCO). DCC has better rates without the airport fees/taxes, and I have heard you can get a shuttle to/from the resorts to DCC. Worth the savings.

Does anyone know if National allows a spouse to drive? When I tried to add him, it upped the cost 9.99 per day. Not worth it for our family...

Thanks everyone!

If you are a National Emerald Club member you can add a family member as a 2nd driver at no additional charge I believe. Emerald Club is free to join. From Mousesavers:

"...once you are an Emerald Club member, 'any family member living in your home, with a clean drivers license, major credit card and a license with the same address can drive a National car without an additional drivers fee being charged to them. They are automatically authorized.' "

Thanks all again for making my car rental day today! :wizard:

Is this the KLM corp id that everyone has been using for National? 8572130? Anyone have any other good coupons to tack on top of it?

I assume, KLM you just need to sign up for their flying blue membership?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter