October 2013 - Car Rental

He hasn't signed up for Flying Blue yet and I don't know the code to put in.

Anyone needing the KLM code is going to have to get it from other threads, because the KLM website has hidden it in the last 6 months or so. When I first signed up for KLM it was right there. Shortly after that it went missing and I haven't been able to find it since then.

But I do believe the code in question is for National only, but I could be wrong.

Edited to add: I just found it easily by googling "KLM national". Got to a website starting with "partnersearch". That way people can get the rate info simply!

Thanks, tried it for Budget and even though I put Canada in it keeps reverting to UK and gives me the amount in British pounds. Is this normal ?

This is my first time offsite and renting a car at Disney. I have two reservations.

One with Dollar for $113 including taxes and fees...no insurance for a Mid Size. $250 hold on credit card required at check in

One with National for $209 including taxes, fees and full insurance (using KLM code) for a Mid Size. I believe they will simply charge my card on file for the $209 and I go right to the Emerald Aisle.

Which should I go with? Im leaning towards National..as it gives full insurance and is slightly less on my card at the BEGINNING of my trip. Also concerned with parking all over WDW that my rental might get scratched or dinged..and I would be protected( I believe).

Any opinions from you car renting gurus?

Thanks
Steph...leaving in TEN DAYS!!!

Question - Does anyone have any recent experiencing using Alamo at TPA? Are there separate standard / full-size areas for cars, or are standard / full-size areas combined?

This is my first time offsite and renting a car at Disney. I have two reservations.

One with Dollar for $113 including taxes and fees...no insurance for a Mid Size. $250 hold on credit card required at check in

One with National for $209 including taxes, fees and full insurance (using KLM code) for a Mid Size. I believe they will simply charge my card on file for the $209 and I go right to the Emerald Aisle.

Which should I go with? Im leaning towards National..as it gives full insurance and is slightly less on my card at the BEGINNING of my trip. Also concerned with parking all over WDW that my rental might get scratched or dinged..and I would be protected( I believe).

Any opinions from you car renting gurus?

Thanks
Steph...leaving in TEN DAYS!!!

You will only go to the EA if you are an EC member. But, having said, that National will only charge your card for the amount of the rental at return.
No holds.

Question - Does anyone have any recent experiencing using Alamo at TPA? Are there separate standard / full-size areas for cars, or are standard / full-size areas combined?

In the last month or so I have heard conflicting answers to that question. The last one being that they were separate. You could give them a call and ask. The number is on their site under locations.

Currently, I booked National full-size for Oct. 30~Nov 9. It's full 11 day rental and my rate is $290 using KLM code and BJs $30 off coupon. I have booked firefly for $240 for the same class but I think I'm leaning towards National.

However, I really think that rates are high compared to last couple of years, which were both under $200 with Alamo. Hopefully, rates come down little more as we get closer to the date.

Checking prices today - Alamo prices went down a little bit if you have a costco membership (contract ID = 7014627) I used insider and got the free upgrade to a standard car for $167 (5+ days at the end of the month). Not great but better than what I have seen . . .

We leave in 10 days. No significant rate drops. Usually Alamo drops the rates by now. Even Hotwire rates are over $300 for a 8 day rental!

Looks like my earlier reservation for Dollar full size $156 may be the winner. Since there is no free 2nd driver, guess my husband will have to do all of the driving :lmao: We are Dollar Express members. Guess we just head to the garage and a car will be there waiting for us? We also have our own Sunpass. Anyone know how to disable the toll by plate in the rental car?

We're in the same boat but we leave in 4 days. This is our first time using dollar at mco. We are also express members but I thought we still had to go to the counter, just a shorter line??? If we can go straight to the garage that would be great! Anyone know for sure?

We leave in 1 week and our National rate is $300 higher than what we have booked. We rent 3-4 times a year and have found the low rates of the past are just not here anymore. I've come to accept a higher threshold of what I'm willing to pay. I'm glad I booked what I have months ago. I'm paying around $500 for a 19 day reservation (Exec Aisle) and as of today that price is around $800. Of course I still continue to watch, but don't really expect much change.

I just recieved some national coupons(free upgrade and $off) in my email. I was able to get
MCO - MCO
OCt 13 am - Oct 17 late pm
all in, including LDW Full and Supplemental
Using KLM code and free upgrade Coupon
$209...IM happy at this point.

Steph

:drive: Another first time Dollar car rental here. So I'll be the only driver - DH will get to navigate.
What's up with the car rental prices??? :confused3 I've never had a problem before using National or Alamo. I've been waiting for those last minute deals - we're only a week and two days away, looks like no last minute deals.

:drive: Another first time Dollar car rental here. So I'll be the only driver - DH will get to navigate.
What's up with the car rental prices??? :confused3 I've never had a problem before using National or Alamo. I've been waiting for those last minute deals - we're only a week and two days away, looks like no last minute deals.

I'm in the same boat. Been waiting for Alamo and National to come down but doesn't look like it's going to happen. We're two weeks out and still no sign of dropping prices. We have a decent Budget reservation for a SUV so I'm not desperate just disappointed in Alamo. We've mostly used them in the past along with National a few times.
Budget still has good rates on carrentalsavers.com for your dates if you're interested and includes free additional driver for your spouse.:thumbsup2

We leave in 10 days. No significant rate drops. Usually Alamo drops the rates by now. Even Hotwire rates are over $300 for a 8 day rental!

Looks like my earlier reservation for Dollar full size $156 may be the winner. Since there is no free 2nd driver, guess my husband will have to do all of the driving :lmao: We are Dollar Express members. Guess we just head to the garage and a car will be there waiting for us? We also have our own Sunpass. Anyone know how to disable the toll by plate in the rental car?

Sunpass: Customer must either OPT-IN or DECLINE at time of reservation or at the rental counter. All daily charges are included on their receipt when they return the car. No billing is done after the fact unless they fail to select the tolling option and still uses SunPass. EPASS or LeeWay ONLY Lanes

If not enrolled at time of reservation or at the rental counter, and user incurred toll charges by utilizing a dedicated or express lane, a $15.00 administrative fee + toll is assessed for each infraction to a maximum fee of $105.00. These fees and tolls are charged separately after the completion of the rental. https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar
Also, don't let them tell you that the tolls around Disney are all unmanned/electronic only. That is not true. Even the few that are unmanned accept change.

I'm looking to rent a car for only one day during my trip (going to Legoland mid-week). Is MCO just about the only place I'm going to be able to do this? I'm looking for a place much closer to the Polynesian so my cab fare to the rental place isn't too high.

I'm looking to rent a car for only one day during my trip (going to Legoland mid-week). Is MCO just about the only place I'm going to be able to do this? I'm looking for a place much closer to the Polynesian so my cab fare to the rental place isn't too high.

You can rent from Alamo or National at the Disney Car Care Center or Dolphin Hotel. The CCCenter is just inside the parking toll gates for MK at the Hess service station. You can get a shuttle/bus to pick you up and take you there.

You can rent from Alamo or National at the Disney Car Care Center or Dolphin Hotel. The CCCenter is just inside the parking toll gates for MK at the Hess service station. You can get a shuttle/bus to pick you up and take you there.

That is fantastic news. Thank you so much for the reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter