October 2018 Car Rental

Ah rats. I guess I need to call to cancel the ones I used with the FDN coupon code. But, on a bright side, or wash, using JST coupon, for 2 weeks from now, for 10 days, and the rate went down almost 30 dollars. Nice, and interestingly, Full size was almost 20 dollars cheaper than Standard. Huh? Full size booked. For October, almost the same amount of days, but 11 days, and the rate went up $35 dollars. Yikes. Guess I need to start more stalking for both, but happy about my August one now. Both still higher than my 11 day October trip last year, and just about the same, as 10 day from Ft. L, same time last August.

Thank you so much for this thread. Would have not checked as frequently with that FDN number. For me, even though 35 dollars more, I agree the hassle free ability to walk right into the garage, and pick my car, is worth that.

Here's hoping my trips have even lower rates.

Swimming I am again. LOL

Ok so thanks to the AD3868JST coupon code and Costco, my intermediate (booked direct through Alamo this time) is down to $188.20. I'm really hoping it can get closer to $150 but if not then that's how it goes. Thanks to all for sharing your info!

Ok so thanks to the AD3868JST coupon code and Costco, my intermediate (booked direct through Alamo this time) is down to $188.20. I'm really hoping it can get closer to $150 but if not then that's how it goes. Thanks to all for sharing your info!
Then in addition to the code you list here, there is another code for Costco? I'm a Costco member, but I didn't know you could get the Costco discount when booking through the Alamo site.

Then in addition to the code you list here, there is another code for Costco? I'm a Costco member, but I didn't know you could get the Costco discount when booking through the Alamo site.

Sure thing, I just entered the Contract ID which is 7014627 (I googled it and this page came up https://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars/Alamo)

Also they ask for your member number and I entered that on the form.

You're quite welcome and good luck!
Well, it says that coupon code is not valid for the MCO airport location. With the Costco contract ID rate on the Alamo website, it comes up as $388 for my dates 10/18-10/28. So far, the lowest rate I've found anywhere is around $330 at carrentalsavers. By the way, I am open to any size vehicle, and looking for whatever vehicle category is least expensive.

Well, it says that coupon code is not valid for the MCO airport location. With the Costco contract ID rate on the Alamo website, it comes up as $388 for my dates 10/18-10/28. So far, the lowest rate I've found anywhere is around $330 at carrentalsavers. By the way, I am open to any size vehicle, and looking for whatever vehicle category is least expensive.

Yeah I'm not sure then, it's possible maybe it expires before the 18th? My booking is from 10/3-10/8. I used 7014627 in the Contract ID and AD3868JST in the coupon code, nothing in Product Code. I also signed in to the Insiders profile as well.

Yeah I'm not sure then, it's possible maybe it expires before the 18th? My booking is from 10/3-10/8. I used 7014627 in the Contract ID and AD3868JST in the coupon code, nothing in Product Code. I also signed in to the Insiders profile as well.
I guess so, because I also used that, but it was not valid for my dates, oh well. My search continues.

Dollar currently has a city special rate that is valid for rentals through end of August. I've been hoping they will come out with something similar that will be valid for October.

I guess so, because I also used that, but it was not valid for my dates, oh well. My search continues.

Dollar currently has a city special rate that is valid for rentals through end of August. I've been hoping they will come out with something similar that will be valid for October.

I was able to run it and get it to go on your dates. I could use both the JST code and this one: AD2823JAZ

But it's still coming out like $325 total for the rental in an economy.

I was able to run it and get it to go on your dates. I could use both the JST code and this one: AD2823JAZ

But it's still coming out like $325 total for the rental in an economy.
I need to drop the car off about four hours later in the day than the time I need to pick it up, so unfortunately, they all would charge me for an extra day (even though it's really just 1/6 of a day).

I need to drop the car off about four hours later in the day than the time I need to pick it up, so unfortunately, they all would charge me for an extra day (even though it's really just 1/6 of a day).

Yeah that sounds like a problem for sure, I had to do that in June. I just found out about AutoSlash on the Flyer Talk boards, you should definitely check there and see what they have!

Yeah that sounds like a problem for sure, I had to do that in June. I just found out about AutoSlash on the Flyer Talk boards, you should definitely check there and see what they have!
Thanks, I did check AutoSlash a while ago... maybe worth another look.

AutoSlash is now $318 for Advantage (they give this company three stars) or $338 for Dollar (they give it three and a half stars)

Last fall I paid around $300 for 14 days, and this fall I'd like to be under $300 (ideally around $240) for the 11 days.

My Alamo 5 day rental dropped another $25 today, still using a $25 off coupon code along with the Wyndham contract ID. I'm now down to what I paid last year.

Last edited:
Fyi there are a few $30 alamo coupons out there with overnight saturday stay. Have used this year without incident but are affinty types YMMV, google for codes if interested.

Sitting on two, my dates September 29 to Oct 7= 9 days with add on fee of approx $8 for SWA point credit to my RR account.

Dollar $239 for midsize, citispecial.

Alamo $258 for fullsize, 7016136 Amex plus $30 coupon.

Since the $30 coupon went kaput, repriced Alamo with a $25 one + Amex for 9 days

Subtracting the SWA reward fee, approx $181 fullsize

Counter or kiosk check-in

Curious to see what Dollar tosses out for their 8-8-18 sale, especially since Autoslaash just found rentals for both Dollar & Thrift in area of $180 for midsize.

Last edited:
Make sure everyone checks Dollar tomorrow. They have been advertising a huge sale for 8/8
The one-day Dollar sale has started. For my dates 10/18-10/28 (with return time later than pickup time, so I am charged an extra day), their lowest rate is the manager's special at $260. This is the one where they choose the car category, and it can be anything compact or larger. This is the lowest rate I've seen so far for this trip. Although I'd prefer a full size at a lower price, rather than a mystery size at $260, I think I can live with this deal if nothing better shows up later. This is certainly better than the rates of over $400 I was seeing when I started this search. I still think they might have a Dollar Orlando City Special in the future, though. The one right now is only for rentals in August, but it seems they should have another one after this one runs out. I wonder if that will be a better rate than the current one-day sale.

I got a great deal for the Dollar day sale. $245 Manager special, $280 Mid Size Car, and $285 4 door Truck. There is only 2 of us so I booked them all and will cancel when I decide which one I want. Saving over $90 from what I previously had. I always book to reservation when I book the manager special in case it is a compact. I just can't fit in a compact car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter