October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I'm outta here at least for a little while. Gotta get something done around here, then I'm taking a page from Lindy's book and going to the gym. My knee is finally feeling good enough for the treadmill again.:cool1:

Oh, and Chris, aka Tony, we now know your real reason for resigning....."Hello I'm Tony and I'm a DIS addict.":lmao: :lmao:

What a great story! I would love a Mickey ring with REAL diamonds!! :cool1:

Well another hour on the elliptical...whew this eating healthy and working out sucks sometimes! :rolleyes:

We went to look at a house today. For those of you who don't know already, we've been looking for a new place for several months now but the housing market in Calgary is just ridiculous!! Anyway, we found a house we really like and it suits us well and the guy who owns it is really nice so I really hope it works out for us. I really don't want to move again, we have so much crap! And the extra expense really sucks but I really do like this place and this is the first place I've seen in about 6 months that I am really excited about!

It's a little too expensive to buy it outright right now but hopefully if it works out we will try to do a rent-to-own thing. The rent is $2000/month :eek: but it's actually quite decent compared to other similar houses in Calgary.

If you wanna peek at it, here's the link:

http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.a...6amp%3bSelID%3d4888&Mode=0&PropertyID=5637095

Nice looking home Cass!

pixiedust: Best of luck for you to get it!

I lost 2lb this week :banana: :banana:

Making a total of 9lb. In a month.

Im quite large, so sadly its not really noticable yet:sad2: , but I feeling fitter in myself. Its soooooooooooo hard to lose, and so easy to put on! Why cant it be the other way around :confused3

You guys are quite famous, as once I weighed in, my friend said "You had better go and put that on the DIS!!!":rotfl2: I guess your motivation and the fact I will see you all in Oct, is keeping me on the straight and narrow !

:banana: :cool1: :woohoo:
Good job Linda!
:yay: :dance3:

Cheryl

Thank you so much for wishing me luck, I will need it. It is a long story I will try to make short. On April 2, my father woke to find my mother dead. After calling 911 they could tell she just died, so several attempt at CPR were made and unsucessful. They shocked her back. She spent 18 days in ICU on life support. Durning that she was shocked a total of 7 times. On night 17, 9 out of the 11 drs. told me that I should give up hope and pull the plug that she was completly dead just the machines were working for her. I went home that night to try to sleep and think. On the morning of the 18th day she came to and was taken off life support. On day 22 she was transfered to another hospital to have a pacemaker installed. The pacemaker is now working for her 65% of the time. She went home on day 25. Her energy level is really low, and she is in a lot of pain because they broke her ribs while doing CPR and shocking. She is still determined to go on the cruise so she want me to make her walk one day a week. But she is not eating at this point so she does not have the energy to walk. I am hoping her seeing Mackenzie will be enough will power to make her walk.

:sad2: Carrie, Wow....
You and your family really need lots of love, luck and hugs:grouphug: :hug:
I am glad to hear that your mom is still around! What an ordeal.

We certainly hope that she recovers nicely and can join us all on the cruise.
I hope the cruise plans are giving her lots of incentive.

Rose

Jeff....
Would enjoy hearing the story of the "OUTLAWS":lmao:

I relish hearing stories about other's not so perfect families after how awful mine have been...... makes me feel like I'm not alone!:rotfl:

I lost 2lb this week - Making a total of 9lb. In a month. Im quite large, so sadly its not really noticable yet:sad2: , but I feeling fitter in myself. Its soooooooooooo hard to lose, and so easy to put on! Why cant it be the other way around :confused3

Linda - CONGRATULATIONS. Keep going, soon be at your next 7lbs.

O.K. it was bad enough that the US DISers weren't on last night, but where are our UK DISers?

Chris, Karen, Heather - hello?

I am here, just had another hectic week at work.

I will probably just meet up with Chris and Heather on that cruise.

We'll have our own little mini meet on our own.

Ive had some exciting news today !

cos we have booked 2 Royal Carribbean cruises (for next year) RC have contacted us and asked if we would like to attend a complentary tour of the Navigator of the Seas this summer. Heather, you did "warn" me, you are soooooooooooooo right. Ive joined the roll call there for Royal caribbean cruises and neither of them have any where near as many posts as here.
In fact people dont even post daily

Linda - told you so. Don't get too disappointed that no one posts. One member of our group got really angry cause no one posted on the threat and then left.

I think "Chris" (well that's what we'll call him) had a lot going on the last couple weeks. However, I'm sure he'll have time to post soon, after he leaves his job.

BTW, I found a picture of him:

blair_titlephoto.jpg

Now you really are digging the bottom of the barrel for pictures of Chris.

Please Chris, put us our of our misery.

Well this ones for Heather .............................
who is too busy to Dis cos shes packing for her cruise.... lucky thing....

Linda - nearly finished.

OK I'm going to try this picture thing. I just joined photobucket and put in a few pictures fro our trip to Disneyland last summer and then I followed Cass' directions so here it goes

Ooo, can't wait to get to Disneyland.

Happy Mother's Day everyone. Mother's Day in the UK was back in March.

Heather

Now you really are digging the bottom of the barrel for pictures of Chris.

Please Chris, put us our of our misery.

I've been meaning to ask the UKers, is this a good or bad thing Blair is stepping down?

O.K. we're 70 short of 8,000. Think we can get there before tomorrow?

The repo thread is still under 9,100.

I've been meaning to ask the UKers, is this a good or bad thing Blair is stepping down?

Depends who you ask, and I don't really want to get into a political debate with people that I'm looking forward to cruising with.

But it is time for a change.

Heather

Depends who you ask, and I don't really want to get into a political debate with people that I'm looking forward to cruising with.

But it is time for a change.

Heather

Fully understand the "no political debate" on the DIS.

I thought I read somewhere that if he steps down now, they can appoint someone to the post and avoid an election. I'm not sure if I have that right. What happens from here?

In the US, if the president steps down, the vice-president assumes that roll.

I know there has been some talk about how we were going to identify each other when we got to port. What we did on my Jan '06 cruise is got those rubber/silicone bracelets (similar to the Lance Armstrong ones).

What do you think of that idea? The cost of the bracelets ranges from about $2.00 to $2.50 depending on the company and shipping costs. There would also be postage/shipping from me to you. All in all, I'd say around $3.00 each, but I'd have to first find out who I could order from and so on. So this is just a ballpark. I would give you a definite before I placed any orders.

One sight I came across had a Disney font available. Using "Konked Kruisers 10/20/07" it would look like this:

Sample.png

The downside with this company is they only have 1 adult size and 1 youth size. They also don't offer Lime Green (at least I didn't see it offered - only green).

Other sites have 2 adult sizes and a Youth and Child size. That company is a little more per bracelet.

So, just wondering what is important to everyone.

Color?
Price?
Sizes to choose from?
Font?
Anything I'm forgetting.​

Is this something you would like me to pursue?

What message would you want on it? I think we are limited to 25 characters (and no that doesn't mean Mickey, Donald, Goofy or the rest of the gang).

Jeff, I think this is a great idea!! I know I would never get my boys to wear Mardi Gras Beads like we did last time. I'm not picky either. If there is anything I can do to help, just yell.

It doesn't matter if they are DIS green, or a different green. I'll spend up to $4.00 on each one. Will the adult size fit the guys with big hands??

Awesome idea!! And thanks for doing this for us.:banana:

I know there has been some talk about how we were going to identify each other when we got to port. What we did on my Jan '06 cruise is got those rubber/silicone bracelets (similar to the Lance Armstrong ones).

What do you think of that idea? The cost of the bracelets ranges from about $2.00 to $2.50 depending on the company and shipping costs. There would also be postage/shipping from me to you. All in all, I'd say around $3.00 each, but I'd have to first find out who I could order from and so on. So this is just a ballpark. I would give you a definite before I placed any orders.

One sight I came across had a Disney font available. Using "Konked Kruisers 10/20/07" it would look like this:

Sample.png

The downside with this company is they only have 1 adult size and 1 youth size. They also don't offer Lime Green (at least I didn't see it offered - only green).

Other sites have 2 adult sizes and a Youth and Child size. That company is a little more per bracelet.

So, just wondering what is important to everyone.

Color?
Price?
Sizes to choose from?
Font?
Anything I'm forgetting.​

Is this something you would like me to pursue?

What message would you want on it? I think we are limited to 25 characters (and no that doesn't mean Mickey, Donald, Goofy or the rest of the gang).

Oh Carrie I am so sorry your mom and you and your family have been having such a hard time :grouphug: I will keep your mom in my prayers that she starts getting stronger pixiedust: pixiedust: Like you said hopefully seeing Nackenzie will motivate her. How is your dad doing through all of this? More :grouphug: and prayers for you and just take it one day at a time. Good luck today!

Cheryl
Thank you so much that means a lot to me, and us. Mom did great today. I got her out to get her hair cut and then we went to Taco Bell and she ate one Taco and drank her ensure when we got home. She played on the floor with Mackenzie for about 15 minutes. Our total visit was about 3 1/2 hours long so that was great for my mom. :banana:

Wow what an amazing story..... sending lots of :grouphug: from over the pond to your mum ( or as you guys say "mom":) )
I will keep her in my prays, along with Nancys Aunt, Karen Sister, Liz ( cos she was having a tough time with some nasty people on the boards) etc etc pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: to you all my friends.

!!

Lindy Loo

Thank you so very much for your prayers. We had a good day today with my mom. Thanks again

Ive had some exciting news today !

cos we have booked 2 Royal Caribbean cruises (for next year) RC have contacted us and asked if we would like to attend a complentary tour of the Navigator of the Seas this summer, whilsts its in Southhampton! We get to tour the ship and use facilites etc and get a free lunch ! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm way up for that :)

Will take some pictures too, so I can post them on Cruise Critic.

Heather, you did "warn" me, you are soooooooooooooo right. Ive joined the roll call there for Royal caribbean cruises and neither of them have any where near as many posts as here.
In fact people dont even post daily ????:confused3

I remember celebrating with you guys when we had a year left till the cruise................. nope not them, we go in March and there are only about 4 of us that post.

Hey can not wait to see pics. I have been on RC. Let us know how it goes.

OK I'm going to try this picture thing. I just joined photobucket and put in a few pictures fro our trip to Disneyland last summer and then I followed Cass' directions so here it goes

Rachel with Mickey

Cal2006144.jpg

Hey thanks for the pic, I will have to show Kelsey when she gets back on Monday. It will be great for her to put a face with the name.

Love the photo of you and Rach Cheryl...I have a question....who's the lady in pink standing by you two?:eek: :lmao: - sorry! - someone did this to me when I posted my photo on the Dibb, I know you're not blue and hairy really:hug:

You had me for a second there Karen :lmao: Thanks for giving me a good laugh :lmao:

Ok. I'm outta here at least for a little while. Gotta get something done around here, then I'm taking a page from Lindy's book and going to the gym. My knee is finally feeling good enough for the treadmill again.:cool1:

Oh, and Chris, aka Tony, we now know your real reason for resigning....."Hello I'm Tony and I'm a DIS addict.":lmao: :lmao:

Paige glad to hear your knee is feeling better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter