October 27, 2007 - Cruising around the Moon - A Magical All Hallows Eve Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is "Stacy Edwards"...just google her and you'll get a picture of her.

I hope you didn't have a "large" bet on this with your husband. ;)

WELL!
I did and you are correct..........
And i had $100.which i will not being paying cuz he has already forgot about it!

Did I tell ya what my staff gave me for my Birthday???

I got a $50 gift certificate to my FAVORITE restaurant.... a $50 Disney Gift card for the trip and.... a $100 for my FAVORITE store to go shopping to buy more clothes for the cruise!!! They rock!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am looking at booking a 4 night for next November 2008 while on board... (once I convince DH!)
do you think the 4 night is worth it over the 3 night? I am just thinking 3 nights won't be enough for me =-)... BUT the 3 night leaving on Thanksgiving Day actually is really great price wise! So 4 nights the first week of Nov or 3 nights Turkey Day week.... ahhh the dilemmas =-).
I am thinking of combining it with 2 or 3 days at the parks next time and am still trying for the kids to not miss more than 3 days of school

TIA!
Trish

I am looking into soem shorter ones as well, but it will all depend on the prices.........I have come to the conclusion that i dont care if the kids miss school, i just want the most bang for our buck next time around. We will definitley NOT be getting a verandah!

There was a 5 day i ws looking at , during Dec o8 it was Nassua and cast away cay (2 times) it was very resonable as well!

Good luck on your choosings!!!!

Welcome back Sean..........I think all of our conversations are going to start being like that now too.........but I have to admit, I have been talking about this cruise so much for months, my poor DH probably won't even notice the increase. :lmao: Also, extra pixiedust: for your Mom's eye surgery.

Kimmielee what an awesome staff you have......:thumbsup2

Don't think I will get to rebook this time.....but I did in Dec which is why I get to cruise with you guys this time. :dance3:

What I did for the cruise today.........
Updated & checked off a few things on my to do list that I had already done.
Ordered our Disney Visa rewards card & transferred our points over. :banana:
Looked over packing list & updated it.
I think that's it.

I am having issues with my Mary Poppins umbrella. Anyone know if you can carry a big old umbrella on the plane? I can't pack the darn thing....none of our suitcases are big enough to fit it even diagonally. I could put it in garment bag with the hang up clothes....if they don't make you fold that thing over. Anyone know or have any ideas? It is 38 inches tall.......and I have to have it for my costume to be authentic...I mean what is Mary without her umbrella. :lmao:

I am having issues with my Mary Poppins umbrella. Anyone know if you can carry a big old umbrella on the plane? I can't pack the darn thing....none of our suitcases are big enough to fit it even diagonally. I could put it in garment bag with the hang up clothes....if they don't make you fold that thing over. Anyone know or have any ideas? It is 38 inches tall.......and I have to have it for my costume to be authentic...I mean what is Mary without her umbrella. :lmao:

Can you ship it ahead of time? In one of the containers made for blueprints, etc? :confused3

and castaway cay twice.... oh I will definitely be looking for that one now! Thanks!

I am looking into soem shorter ones as well, but it will all depend on the prices.........I have come to the conclusion that i dont care if the kids miss school, i just want the most bang for our buck next time around. We will definitley NOT be getting a verandah!

There was a 5 day i ws looking at , during Dec o8 it was Nassua and cast away cay (2 times) it was very resonable as well!

Good luck on your choosings!!!!

Not CUOP,

Welcome to all of the Newbies!!! Glad to have you aboard

Happy Birthday Kimmie, sorry I missed it.

We had a wonderful time in Daytona, although the wind whipped to up to 40mph, and their was NO beach on Sunday, due to the storms. The water was splashing over the sea wall.

I am going to begin to write out the T and T info I have, and then I will post it up to get your ideas, and comments before finalizing, if you signed up to help I will be pm'ing you this week:)

I hope to CUOP soon...

Just got back and unpacked from a quick weekend at Disneyland. This was the grown-up weekend for my DH and I to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary without the kids. Our actual anniversary is 10/23, we will be celebrating it on the ship on Sunday - formal night. But we just needed to get away for a little private time (if you know what I mean :rolleyes1 - 204 square feet shared with your children doesn't give any privacy!).

We stayed at the Grand California Hotel - just love it - but we had fire alarms go off at 6:30 in morning on Sunday and had to evacuate - after a night of champagne and before coffee - didn't look too good, but then no one else did either. We never heard exactly what went on - but the fire department did bring in big fans to air out.

I loved unpacking tonight - throw it in the wash and back in the suitcase in ancitpation of the cruise!!!!!

CAN WE GO YET?pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Good Morning Moonies! It's really going to happen, isn't it? We are really going to finally meet on the cruise!:cool1: I'm so ready to surprise Ethan! I know he'll probably just shrug his shoulders and grin when we tell him, but I don't care. I'm hoping he'll at least scream or something, but my child is so laid back, we shall see.

I tried on my bathing suits from July and they still fit:banana: That's always nice especially since they're not selling them around here anymore. I need to try on my formal dress and see what's going on there.

Still no upgrade yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with my Oceanview, but a gal can hope for a balcony!

Who all is going to meet with us at MNSSHP? I can't remember.pirate:

Well, gotta eat this morning. Woke up hungry and that's never good:lmao:

GOOD MORNING MOONIES!!!!!!!!!!

I am just about ready to start packing............:banana:
I have most of my sewing done.....................

All i have to do is hem a pair of pants, put the hem in a dressand fix one dressand i think that makes me done at the sewing machine.......

We bought Dh a suit jacket pants tie and shirt yesterday............
That was WAY WAY WAY too much $$$$$ in my book................:confused3

SOOOOOOOO soon i will be able to sit back and enjoy the last couple weeks before the cruise!!!! HA who am i kidding, i still have stuff do for DD wedding so i am sure i will be working on that as son as the cruise stuff is complete!

Have a good day!!!

Off to work soon!

Can you ship it ahead of time? In one of the containers made for blueprints, etc? :confused3
I had thought about that, just not sure how I would ship it back.....would there be someplace at the airport I could do that?
I also looked on Delta's website last night & it said you could bring an umbrella on board & it didn't say anything about the size of the reward.

I have my Disney Visa rewards card but when fo you have to transfer the points?:) :cutie: :3dglasses :cool2:
Babs, we just got our statement, so I know we won't accrue any more points befroe the cruise, so I just went ahead & transferred.

Lori......a weekend at Disneyland sounds great. Happy early anniversary.

Lynn.......:yay: that you are almost finished sewing.

Paula.....I hope Ethan jumps up & down or something :banana: We will be at MNSSHP but not able to join ya'll for dinner because our flight isn't getting in until 5pm. Maybe we will still see you guys.

Off to work....have a great day everyone.

CAN WE GO YET?????????

working on getting ready this morning.........

i have so many lists..but i dont have a list of lists

I have a chart for what each person will wear each day, for during the day and dinner.....although not totally completed it is about 80% filled in.
If we have the item it is in black if it is packed it is in black bold, and if it still has to be purchased or sewn it is in red.

I also have a CARRY ON LIST!

A document LIST!

A LIST of stuff to be packed that is not on the chart.

And i have started a LIST for what is in each bag..........I think i will laminate them and hang them on the outside of each bag.

WHAT LIST DO YOU HAVE GOING?????

Mission Accomplished - Birth Certificates found, laundry pile started...:laundy: Now it's time to finish the packing when the clothes come out of the dryer....one slow load at a time... :rotfl2:

Babs, we just got our statement, so I know we won't accrue any more points befroe the cruise, so I just went ahead & transferred.

The rewards are usually added a few days after the statement. Our statement is going to end sometime this week so I'm hoping that the rewards for september will be added before we go on the cruise.

working on getting ready this morning.........

i have so many lists..but i dont have a list of lists

I have a chart for what each person will wear each day, for during the day and dinner.....although not totally completed it is about 80% filled in.
If we have the item it is in black if it is packed it is in black bold, and if it still has to be purchased or sewn it is in red.

I also have a CARRY ON LIST!

A document LIST!

A LIST of stuff to be packed that is not on the chart.

And i have started a LIST for what is in each bag..........I think i will laminate them and hang them on the outside of each bag.

WHAT LIST DO YOU HAVE GOING?????

I need to start my lists... great, one more thing to do! :surfweb:

WE WILL BE AT MNSSHP!!!!
But kimmie if you could pm me the info again.........res # etc..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter