**October 27 2009, 180 Day Reservation Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got 6 ADRs for Mar 4 to 11. I guess the system is in fact down, but not out. As I was making the ADRs, the CM stopped me, said that he was going to give me the conf # for the ones already in the system, as the guy's computer beside him crashed. Only took about 300 tries to get connected.

shouldn't have Disney been more prepared for this? did they not know all the ppl who would be calling in or on line today? They should have looked at a gradual expansion from 90 day, then 120 days, 150 and 180..
I am lucky to have book but today was the 45 days period that i keep hearing new reservations may be released then due to cancellations, etc.. I still trying to get the biggies(CM, CRT, Tusker house, )

Will we be able to see or retrieve our dinner reservations online eventually? With all the crazyness today, worry that something will be missing or not right.

Hi Kate!

Don't panic. :goodvibes Early Feb is a slower time of year so you don't need ADRs at every single place you eat. I went in early May as well as mid September and never needed to make ADRs except for the high demand restaurants. Here are some of them

Cinderellas Royal Table
California Grill
Victoria and Alberts
Chef Mickeys
Brown Derby
Le Cellier

Chef Mickeys sounds great. Taking the monorail to the TTC and then to Epcot shouldn't be any problem at all (15 minutes) and then you can do lunch whenever and wherever you like (besides Le Cellier). Disney will move your Coral Reef ADR a little later or earlier with a simple phone call provided they aren't too crowded (which they shouldn't be in early Feb.).

I don't know how long the BBB takes but i wonder if you're taking on too much there. Spending a day at MK, doing the BBB and hopping to Epcot for dinner may drain your little one. You may want to consider taking a break during the day at some point. It takes 10 minutes to return to your room at the Poly. Again it's a slow time of year and after 6 hours at the park you will have seen and done a lot. Maybe you could go to the BBB in the late morning? Rest from 1-3 and head to Epcot?

Regarding your extra magic hours, know that the Unoffical guide reccomends avoiding those since the crowds are heavier at those parks. You could watch Illuminations at Epcot instead! Pace yourself if you can. I know it seems like you won't have enough time to fit everything in, but I promise you the days are LONG at Disney.:wizard:

Resting and pacing yourself will keep you and your little one much happier!

Thank you. I reread and I know I'm being a nut. I did call back and make our breakfast earlier and our dinner later on our Epcot day and I added a lunch {Biergarten} in between. I love the World Showcase restaurants, so I want to try and fit in as many as I can. I'm not going to worry about extra magic hours at MK that night. We have two whole days there and we're not trying to see everything. We're letting DD lead the way...kinda. :) I would love to do BBB early in the day, but she'll want to take it all off and will mess up her hair, etc. before dinner if I do. There is no way I'm paying the ridiculous amount they want me to just to have it go to waste. So, my plan is to get there when we get there in the morning and just enjoy the day at our pace. If we ride 2 rides, we ride 2. If we ride 5, that's fine too. We'll have a sit-down lunch and enjoy a little shopping as well.

Yay for relaxing and not freaking out! It's been my motto for today...for the most part.

Will we be able to see or retrieve our dinner reservations online eventually? With all the crazyness today, worry that something will be missing or not right.

I was wondering the same thing, however, I couldn't find where to do this :confused3

Hello

CRT after Feb 4th is only booking for dinners according to the last CM I spoke with who read me the internal disney update. Fantasmic is also not loading past this date

Check back later was the rec

FINALLY!! I'm DONE!!! On the phone 47 min. with DVC MS this last time but I got:

Fantasmic Pkg @ Mama Melrose for 3:55 pm on Mon 3/29
(wanted later and could've gotten 5:00 if I went w/ H & V but...well, it's H & V...)
Then I got:
Sanaa @ 8:15 on Sun 3/28
Restaurant Marrakesh @ 7:00 on Tues 3/30
and
9:00 @ the Rainforest Cafe at DTD on Wed 3/31 (wanted 8 -8:30 but earlier was not avail. there OR at T-Rex)

We were not able to get anything other than the Brown Derby for F! on our last trip and I couldn't bring myself to spend $50 pp so I cancelled it. Glad I was able to get Mama's this time as we'd decided we'd do F! every other trip.

Silly me thought tomorrow was the 27th! Anyway, thanks to the disboards, I realized that today is the day to call and I was able to get through after being on hold for 15 minutes. I got everything I wanted - Yay - for the times I wanted.

I got the following just now for April 19-24

Crystal Palace - b
1900 PF-D
Chef Mickey-D
Donalds Safari-8
Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic

:rotfl::banana::dance3:

My Adr's went well .. but am having a real problem booking Pirates league ..I have been told twice now (by 2 great CM's) that they cannot find availability at all on the day i want, they think that it's because of upgrading the system but i have read others on here that have got it booked
Anbody any ideas????
Am looking to do it in Feb

I did it!

It took an hour (well, after trying ALL morning).

On hold with DVC MS for 30 minutes and then Nate and I talking about throwing his computer out the window as he tried and tried and tried again to get all my ADRs. Took 30 minutes with Nate, but he did it (and thanked me over and over again for being so patient as I thanked him over and over again for not telling me to call back later)!

We've got:

Princess Storybook Breakfast Feb 11
Chef Mickey's Feb. 13
Liberty Tree Tavern Feb. 12 (he said crystal palace is out until feb 15th - pooh and the gang will be at liberty tree)
The Garden Grill Feb. 14
Biergarten Feb. 11
Whispering Canyon Feb. 9
T-Rex Feb. 10

WooHoo!

Is it bedtime yet???? I'm beat.

Did they say Pooh and Gang would be at Liberty Tree? I had heard it was only Minnie, Pluto and Chip and Dale??

Just to back up some other people - I've been told CRT will be released on Thursday.

I'm giving up for the night. Got some of my ressies - had a family member who didn't have to work sit here all day trying to get whatever she could. Still trying to get a couple of group ressies in so fingers crossed I'll get them tomorrow. Its 9.30 pm now and we've been at it since 11am. I found our main problem was that some people could book us in for a few things and then they'd tell us that another dept had to book us for another reservation as it was a group res or one that we had to dial the restaurant direct etc etc and once they transferred us, that annoying recording of a man telling us the lines are busy came on and cut us off!! :headache:

Good luck everyone!!!:wizard:

I have been trying all day to make these reservation and keep getting the all circuits busy mesage...geez

This happened once to me twice today as well. I just hung up and started dialing again until I was on with a CM that could help.
I am going to try tomorrow. I figure we are slow close most things are booked anyway so i will be happy to get one sit down with hubby and one family meal.

I FINALLY got all my ADRs!!!!!!!

Feb 14, The Wave
Feb 15, BlueZoo
Feb 16, Crystal Palace
Feb 16, The Plaza
Feb 17, Fulton's
Feb 18, Gardenview Tea at the Grand Floridian
Feb 19, Il Mulino
Feb 20, The Wave (B)

So after a gazillion tries I finally got a CM with a working system and she was SO nice! Now I need to search for that praise thread! LOL!!

I wonder what my phone bill will look like! :lmao: Long distance from Europe - :scared1: and I was on hold for half the day!

Yippee - on hold! Haven't said an estimated wait time yet ...

Pretty funny - the message said "We estimate your wait time will be less than.." and then cut off!

I was lucky earlier this afternoon - I had been trying on-line and calling without success all morning. I decided to try to kill some time while waiting, and called the "vacation pkg" booking phone number to add the DDP to our ressie. I got right thru & the CM was extremely helpful, and after adding the DDP, he asked if there were any ADRs I wanted to make while we were on the phone. I told him I'd been trying to get thru since early AM, and would love it if he could help! He said all the CMs in his dept were helping out, due to the overload today. So, they were all taken care of, but it took forever as the system was so slow, and he did each one individually as the system had been crashing all day. For our mid-March trip, we got:

Coral Reef dinner @ 4:35
Flying Fish dinner @ 6:00
Citricos dinner @ 6:00
Cali Grill dinner @ 7:35
Narcooses dinner @ 6:00
LeCellier dinner @ 5:30
BOMA breakfast for 3 mornings
Crystal Palace breakfast for 1 moring

The only place booked solid was Ragland Rd, which was very surprising. Maybe it's booked for a party that night? I'll try at another time to see if it's opened up - otherwise no big deal. I'm very happy being able to get what we were hoping for!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter