Odd problem when I use my "back" button

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
When I can actually get the cruise line board to load and I can read a post, when I hit "back" to return to the list of messages, I get an old board. Even if I have cleared the history and temporary saved internet pages, I still pick up a list of questions from hours earlier. Any ideas?

I'm not sure about this so I'm checking with the real experts.

Have you browsing the boards with cookies? You can turn them on in the usercp > edit options.

I think I have cookies on....you always recognize me when I get here. It was happening yesterday, but also it was occuring within the last week or, on the infopop boards. Doesn't happen anywhere else, and doesn't happen all the time here. I'll see it is an old board, hit refresh and it updates, read another post, click back, and I'm back to 7 am that morning. Very strange.

While I can't say what is causing the problem, here are a couple of solutions.

Instead of hitting the "back" button, go to the bottom of the page to the Forum Jump pull down menu, and hit the GO button. This will get you to the "most current" version of the page.

Something else to look at would be your browser preferences. At least in Netscape Navigator, you have the option to select how often your computer checks its "disk cache" as opposed to the "network". While loading from the disk cache saves time, you will not get an up to date page. If it's available, set your option to "never", then you should get the last verion of the page you were on.

Hope one of these helps you out. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter