• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

Good morning! One more day and then we are off to our flight out of Pittsburgh. We get into Florida around 2pm.

Jennifer- I do believe that they have the hand held hair dryers like the ones in the hotels. Don't get very hot, but if you have short hair then you should be fine. I'm still going to pack mine just in case. Being the only female in the family, I'm the only one using it. The boys have very short hair and their hair doesn't take long to dry. I still have to go to the bank to cash in the loose change for the boys and pick up one small thing. I have everything in the suitcases except for the shirts. Will put those in tonight.

Now I just have to get motivated to clean house today before I go. I have an appointment for my nails and to get a pedicure this afternoon so I need to get the house clean by noon.

See you guys in two days.

Well I guess add me to the still home club,:mad:
We leave Friday around lunch and will drive up, about 1o hours.
I finished the most of my packing last night, my DDad wants to load his RV which we are driving down in since there are 8 of us, tonight. So tomorrow its just load ourselves in and go. The kids each have one test in the morning and then we take them out and we are OFF!!!!!:Pinkbounc
Dena- add me to the Emily list. I have baby fever bad, but wake up from it when my DS does something typically boy. LOL:crazy:
We will be at the port at 10:30 see ya'll then.

Wendy

Good Morning everyone!!

This is it. Today is my last day of work!!! Everyone here is very excited.

Our packing is 95% done. Just put the suits, dress shoes and some small things in the suitcases and we should be done. Pack up the day bags and off to see the mouse.

Dena and Shari: What is the weather going to be like on Sat? I think I would like to change at the airport into shorts, just want to make sure it will be warm enough.

Shari: hope you have a good time at WDW. How did your nephew enjoy the evening? With all the rearranging, how did you enjoy it?

Jennifer: If I give your DH my shirts, will he do mine too. LOL:hyper: I hate to iron!!!::yes::

Judi: Are you talking about Pittsburgh Pa. We have to stop there on the way home. It was the only way I could get low rates for the 5 of us for flights.

Well, back to work today. I will check in tomorrow!!
Michelle

Originally posted by mhb
What is the weather going to be like on Sat? . . . How did your nephew enjoy the evening? With all the rearranging, how did you enjoy it?
The weather is expected to be in the upper eighties on Saturday. I am so glad that again my safety drill will be in <I>Animator's Palate</I> so I won't have to stand on deck in the heat sweating in that life vest! :teeth:

My nephew LOVED all the stares and attention he got. He said that couple of hours of that made up for the later problems with the costume, so he was very HAPPY. It didn't matter much to me. I did MNSSHP with my mom on the 17th. We took it slow and easy but stayed until closing. Tonight I will be solo and going at my own (faster) pace, but hitting <I>everything</I>. Since I knew that when I was with my nephew, his costume problems disrupting the evening didn't bug me too much. Some people may look at someone solo and think "poor thing," but sometimes it's great because you can do everything you want when you want. I had my time with "family." Now it's time to party! ;)

And I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to being on the ship, sitting alone on my verandah, watching the scenery and writing in my journal. ::MinnieMo

Good morning all.:p

Yesterday I got to the stores to pick up my last minute stuff for the cruise.:tongue: Now today I have to exchange my DS new sneakers for a smaller size, bring him for a haircut, do 2 last loads of laundry, and finish packing.:teeth:

It doesnt sound like alot, but to me its a mountain!!!! I have just can't seem to finish the packing. Its driving me crazy:crazy:

Michelle: I just checked on the weather for sat and it is supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 84.:sunny: Not too bad!!

Well, I'm off to the gym now. Have a great day eveyone.

Dena::MinnieMo

I am so glad to see it is not just me. It is true the misery likes company. For the second night in a row I have had company in my bed, my granddaughter. I was up working in the wee hours again last night and she got up. She just chatters and chatters. She is so excited she cannot sleep through the night.

I finished making the last costume last night and decided if it was not made by now I was not going to make it. I have been sewing almost everynight for two months.

DH will not get into town until late this evening and has not tried on his tux. DS-S tux had to be altered yesterday when we picked it up. I figure I will be sewing on the ship if DH's does not fit as it will be difficult for Men's warehouse to overnight anything to us.

I got another cold yesterday, probably from very little sleep. I told my neice's fiance to treat me like a pig on a spit. Just keep turning me over in the sun and baste me. I have been waiting a year and am not going to let this get me down. I do not care if I cant breath, I am gong to have fun. I have heard that alcohol kills germs, so I think I will start drinking when I get on board. We can call that the marinate.

Well I have a few more patients to see and chart on so I can leave today. Today is not the day to be a therapist and try to help people with their problems, because today and for the next week it is all about ME! HA HA Just kidding. I have to pack and still get the dog to the doggie hotel (that is what I told my granddaughter it was called), get to the shoe repair store, because I forgot yesterday. Do you think my DH would mind wearing sneakers to dinner with his dress clothes. Probably! Thought I would also clean and maybe pay some bills. Depends on my mood and if they call and bug me. Made sure my Disney Visa was free to charge on, now you can tell my priorities are straight!

Thanks again for all the info. Look forward to meeting some of you. I do not remember what High Tea you are going to?

We fly out early tomorrow and are going to surprise my 8yo GD by taking her to Cirque Du Soleil. WOW I am getting excited. I need to shut up now and let you all have some peace of mind.

Safe trip to all,
Dee

Dee- Make tea reservations under the "Dis" group for Monday 3:30-4:30.

Jennifer- the dryers are connected to the bathroom and it is a hand held hose type dryer. Not very powerful but gets hot. the hose reminds me of a vaccum type hose.

Well I am OFF!!! I will see some of you at the Radisson Friday at 4:30 around the pool. I will see the rest of you on the ship. Have a safe trip!!!

"We're going on a Disney Cruise."
:rolleyes1 :rockband: :thewave: :cloud9:

Teri

Wow!!!

It's going to be lonely tomorrow.

Dena and Shari: I guess it's just us!!!

I go for a pedicure tomorrow morning, I'm going to see if they can put the Disney Logo on my toes!!! How does that sound!!

Dee: Sounds as if your a great seamstress!! What are you costumes anyway? You"ll love Cirque Du Soleil, we saw it in FL and then again in Phila this past summer.

I am really looking forward to no one being able to get ahold of my DH. He really needs this vacation.

Off to make dinner. I'll be back tomorrow.

Michelle

The cars all packed!!!
Just a few last minute things in the morning
Michelle- I'm getting my pedicure in the morning before we leave too, great idea about the logo. How funny do you think the ladies doing the pedi's would look at us?
Have a safe trip you guys who are left, and I shall see you at the terminal.

Wendy

We got our bags packed and loaded in the truck. We leave at 8:00 am for our flight out of Pittsburgh at 11:42 am. I can't wait. The boys just have to pack their backpacks, they have to bring some school work with them. I figured we can work on it tomorrow on the plane, or by the pool at the hotel. I'll see everyone at the port on Saturday. I'll be the mom pulling her hair out waiting to get on the boat!

Drive carefully or have a safe flight.

Well, it seems like I'm the only one left.

Who else is out there. I know Shari and Dena. You guys are lucky. It doesn't take you long to get to the port.

Our bags are packed. Woke up at 4 this morning. I guess I'm just as excited as everyone else. Hope I don't forget anything. If I do oh well!!

A few last minute things today.

I'll see everyone at the port.

Michelle

I'm still here...and still packing. Just taking a quick break to print off the T or T list. We leave for the airport at 3 PM today.
Lynne

Hi to those few who are left! :hyper:

I went to MNSSHP again last night and had a wonderful time hanging out with VikingFans (Chris & Laura) and their niece. Space Mountain was especially a blast! :teeth:

I didn't wear my <I>Gadget</I> outfit. That jumpsuit I ordered, although short-sleeved, is WAY too warm for me because I am always "running hot" - has to be in the sixties before I stop perspiring, LOL. So I am not sure now about even dressing for Halloween on the ship (can always wear black and orange though). Maybe I'll plop the goggles and altered Stitch ears on top of my head, heh-heh, and no one will know who/what I am!

Dinner at LTT was fantastic because I had another friendly "close encounter" with <I>Chip 'n' Dale</I> - especially <I>Dale</I>, who did his modified gymnastics right there in the restaurant for me, plus we had a big cuddly hug - with VikingFans watching! :eek:

In spite of being packed, I have <I>lots</I> to do today. I should not even be at the computer, but you know how that is. :crazy:

Soon begins a week of fun, relaxation, and endless FOOD! Whoa! Are we having fun yet?

Hi Taswari,

I know I shouldn't be at the computer either, but I just can't help myself. Plus I hate packing, so checking to for post is an excuse to put it off a little longer. Please, please, please wear you Gadget outfit, if only for a little while. I was looking forward to seeing it.

Lynne

My <I>Gadget</I> outfit is not that great - those altered Stitch ears for the ears, cheap purple swim goggles (could not find the right color and "separate eyes" here otherwise) - the only costly thing was the jumpsuit, which is actually an EMS flightsuit I ordered from California. And although it fits, it won't if I <I>eat</I>! I will bring it just in case though. At the very least, I may have it on when I answer the door for the t-or-t.

I also may or may not have a tail. I have two and am not happy with either. One is too thick, the other too short. I guess I could just have a cord tail.

The other thing is that very few people (only <I>Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers</I> fans) even know who <I>Gadget</I> is, and I am a middle-aged version! So I guess the majority of passengers would look at me and ask, "<I>What is she supposed to be?</I>" The "real" me IS a middle-aged <I>Gadget</I>! :crazy:

Oh, and it is "<I>Taswira</I>" with an "a" at the end. It is Swahili for "image" or "images." ;)

Taswira

Sorry for the mispelled screen name, I hate making typo's. I'm just in a hurry and not double checking my work.

Lynne

That's okay. I certainly make mistakes with names myself. I thought it might be a typo, but since "i" isn't near "a" on the keyboard, I wanted to clarify just in case. :D

Glad to see the Magic back in port safe and sound. I hope you and all the other Halloween cruisers had a great time. I am looking forward to trip reports. Did anyone re-book for next Halloween? I am already excited. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave: (maybe princess: )

Karen--I looked for you and Emma at the MNSSHP on the 26th but I guess I missed you. We had a great time there & hope to do it again next year before the cruise.

We did have a negative aspect to our vacation. We had to cut our vacation short. Unfortunately, DHs brother passed away while we were at WDW. I am sorry that you did not get to meet him. I think we had almost convinced him to take his daughter on a Disney cruise in the future. :(

I am sorry to be such a downer. I am looking forward to hearing all about the Halloween cruise this year. Anything new and exciting? :hyper:

Rochelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter