Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

I had this problem in 2010 at my west coast base. I had a September trip that I tried to buy tickets for at the end of August, during a Salute offer change period, just like this. My ITT told me I was out of luck. If you need these tickets, you are NOT out of luck, you just have to do a little more leg work.

NAS Jacksonville keeps the current year tickets on hand, probably because they are so close. I called the NAS Jacksonville ITT and they were WONDERFUL. They will take your order over the phone, fax you a release to sign, you send it back and they will Fed EX your tickets to you at whatever speed you are willing to pay for.

Hey there.

This year the Salute offer changeover has been even more frustrating that usual!

The 25th date is a date specified by Disney. I do not know if the MWR system had buy-in. Shades will have them on that day as will Disney.

I"ve been telling Disney since January that this would be an issue (trying to get an earlier release announcement and tickets as well).

Once they woke up (the week after the renewal announcement) Disney took action to get the tickets out the door. This did happen and now it is up to the military distribution system. DoD MWR uses a contractor to distribute the tickets to all the ITT/ITRs and from what I understand they are the holdup…

Camp Pendleton just started taking WDW salute ticket orders the other day with a 2-3 week delivery time. see: this post

Even more confusion to throw into the mix, now all base ticket offices have had to stop selling tickets for the current offer and return them to Disney for accounting. So if you want to go before this offer ends, you too are out of luck for your FP+ reservations too...

I had this problem in 2010 at my west coast base. I had a September trip that I tried to buy tickets for at the end of August, during a Salute offer change period, just like this. My ITT told me I was out of luck. If you need these tickets, you are NOT out of luck, you just have to do a little more leg work.

NAS Jacksonville keeps the current year tickets on hand, probably because they are so close. I called the NAS Jacksonville ITT and they were WONDERFUL. They will take your order over the phone, fax you a release to sign, you send it back and they will Fed EX your tickets to you at whatever speed you are willing to pay for.

Awesome thanks for the info!

THANK YOU! My other brother (who is also military) is actually stationed at Camp Pendleton! If it gets down to it my brothers might be able to work something out where one of them calls/paid the order and the other can possibly pick it up and mail them (faster than 2/3 weeks anyway) not sure if they would let him but hey worth a shot. I will keep checking though at the Norfolk Naval Base ITT office as well...

Today is our 60 day window and here we sit waiting on tickets to be released hopefully on Monday 25 Aug....:rolleyes: I know I shouldn't worry about all the good reservations times being gone for the popular rides but....I just can't..."Let It Go ":rotfl2:

Today is our 60 day window and here we sit waiting on tickets to be released hopefully on Monday 25 Aug....:rolleyes: I know I shouldn't worry about all the good reservations times being gone for the popular rides but....I just can't..."Let It Go ":rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

I have a question re: military discounted MVMCP tickets. If someone is eligible for the AFS tickets, are they eligible for the military discounted tickets as well? I'm planning a trip for a friend and they are not active (medically separated/retired, I believe) - I have sent her the eligibility requirements for the AFS and she has said they are eligible. I assume that means she is eligible for these discounted tickets as well?

Am I also correct (from reading militarydisneytips) that they cannot buy those tickets until they are on property in November?

Thanks!

You can't buy the party tickets until on property. If she can do the salute she can do party tickets. In years past they would still sell the military ticket to you at the gate even if the party was sold out as you can't pre purchase it.

auralia said:
You can't buy the party tickets until on property. If she can do the salute she can do party tickets. In years past they would still sell the military ticket to you at the gate even if the party was sold out as you can't pre purchase it.

That is what I was understanding from Steve's site...glad I read it right! Thanks :)

Well...as of 9:00 a.m. This morning the ITT office at Lackland AFB told me no new armed forces tickets until at least mid September at the earliest. With that time frame we would be almost 30 days out thus losing our 60 day out FP reservation window. It's great disney gives us this discount but sure creates FP reservation problems under the new system. Really feel sorry for those folks going end of September and early October as they are really losing out on the new FP reservation system !

Well...as of 9:00 a.m. This morning the ITT office at Lackland AFB told me no new armed forces tickets until at least mid September at the earliest. With that time frame we would be almost 30 days out thus losing our 60 day out FP reservation window. It's great disney gives us this discount but sure creates FP reservation problems under the new system. Really feel sorry for those folks going end of September and early October as they are really losing out on the new FP reservation system !

Camp Pendleton is taking phone orders... they said about 2-3 weeks for delivery.

I'm going to call my local (2.5 hours away) to see if they got them, but I highly doubt it.

DC area bases do not have the tickets in at all yet..here are the responses I got:

Ft. Belvoir - doesn't have them on sale, doesn't know when they will come in

Joint Base Bolling/Anacostia - expects to get them in mid-September

Andrews AFB - is saying that you can order them over the phone and they will arrive in 14 business days (possibly sooner, but no guarantee).

Given that my 60 day window is before 14 business days from now, I called some FL bases as well to see what they said.

MacDill AFB - didn't expect to get them til mid September

NAS Jacksonville - expects to get them at the end of this week/beginning of next. They will fax you an authorization form to fill out/return...after they receive the authorization form, they will call you back when the tickets come in to get your CC # and process the transaction. I was told that you'd receive the tickets within 2 days after that.

We ended up going the NAS Jacksonville route as opposed to Andrews AFB as we think there's a greater chance we'll get our tickets before Sept 8th...especially if they get their tickets in at the end of this week/beginning of next.

I called my local base, Ft. Sill. They didn't have tickets but they took my order and they said 7-10 days. My FP+ window opened last week, so at this point I decided to just order them and hope for the best.

I called JBER ITT (Anchorage, AK) this morning and they said I could order them now. They have never kept them on hand to sell like closer bases but I know my friend has gotten hers pretty quickly, not sure how long it will take since they're new. I have over a month thankfully until I really need them. I plan to order this week for our Dec 3 trip.

Camp Pendleton is taking phone orders... they said about 2-3 weeks for delivery.

I'm going to call my local (2.5 hours away) to see if they got them, but I highly doubt it.

So if I order them this Friday I should have them by September 19th or so? I'm leaving on September 27th so as long as I get them by then I will be fine. I'm bummed about missing all the early FP+ stuff (we will be onsite), but I would like to at least be able to make them before we get there. :goodvibes

Same hear called around Langley, NOB, nope... I might have my brother just call Andrews.. Our 60 day window opens 9/11... I can make my fast pass selections but I would rather do all of us at one time!

None so far at Patrick Air Force base. Will call back tomorrow. She "guessed" it might not be until Sept. 30th.:scared:

I saw in your signature you have a trip in 2 months...you may want to try calling NAS Jacksonville. They faxed me an authorization form, I scanned it and e-mailed it back to them. They are calling me for a CC# as soon as their tickets come in, which they said would likely be the end of this week or the beginning of next. Once ordered, they are FedExing the tickets to me.

I saw in your signature you have a trip in 2 months...you may want to try calling NAS Jacksonville. They faxed me an authorization form, I scanned it and e-mailed it back to them. They are calling me for a CC# as soon as their tickets come in, which they said would likely be the end of this week or the beginning of next. Once ordered, they are FedExing the tickets to me.
I called Jacksonville this morning and no mention of the coming at the end of the week... Guess I should call them back Friday..,

I called Jacksonville this morning and no mention of the coming at the end of the week... Guess I should call them back Friday..,

My friend and I both called and had an authorization form faxed to us. I would call them back and ask them specifically about getting the authorization form to you and get it back to them before the tickets come in so they can contact you ASAP when they get them

So if I order them this Friday I should have them by September 19th or so? I'm leaving on September 27th so as long as I get them by then I will be fine. I'm bummed about missing all the early FP+ stuff (we will be onsite), but I would like to at least be able to make them before we get there. :goodvibes

Give them a call to ask: Camp Pendleton ITT Pacific Plaza at (760) 725-5863

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter