Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

Am I able to buy an AP at SOG for someone else in my family?
Yes. You will get a voucher/exchange certificate which does not have any name attached to it. Any person can take that to any Park ticket or GR window and exchange it for an AP. The person will have to be 18 or older with a photo ID.

My husband is former military. He was an army reservist that was activated and spent 15 months in Iraq. He completed his contract and finished his 8 years. He has an honorable discharge. He does not have a current I'd. He has used his dd 214 and hotels have accepted this in the past and given him a discount can he use this same documentation in disney? My daughter and I at going down first and he is joining us for 4 days in the middle of the trip. Just wondering and thanks for the help

My husband is former military. He was an army reservist that was activated and spent 15 months in Iraq. He completed his contract and finished his 8 years. He has an honorable discharge. He does not have a current I'd. He has used his dd 214 and hotels have accepted this in the past and given him a discount can he use this same documentation in disney? My daughter and I at going down first and he is joining us for 4 days in the middle of the trip. Just wondering and thanks for the help
No. This will not work.

Disney requires either an Active Duty or Retired ID Card, or one showing a permanent disability (or spouse thereof). Without a currently valid CAC, DD2, or DD1173 you cannot get the Armed Forces Salute Tickets and you cannot get a discounted room. However, there are one or two months a year when honorably discharged veterans can get rooms at SoG; check www.shadesofgreen.org for more information.

No. This will not work.

Disney requires either an Active Duty or Retired ID Card, or one showing a permanent disability (or spouse thereof). Without a currently valid CAC, DD2, or DD1173 you cannot get the Armed Forces Salute Tickets and you cannot get a discounted room. However, there are one or two months a year when honorably discharged veterans can get rooms at SoG; check www.shadesofgreen.org for more information.

Thanks for your help!

No. This will not work.

CF although Shades does still have this offer they inexplicably pulled the info they had on their site and also the special site they had set up.

Here is my page with the info: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Shades-of-Green/Non-Retired-Veterans.html

I think this may have been covered once, but can't find it, so I'll ask again,

If we purchase the current S/P/D offer from Disney and get 2-day tickets, can these tickets be upgraded to the Salute tickets w/PH and WPM option? I think that's a difference of $14 per ticket. If they can, is this something Shades can do or do we have to do it at Disney Guest Services? If only GS, I assume we'll also have to pay the tax, but what would be that tax....the whole ticket or just the $14? One more thing, do we need to use the 2-day ticket first in order to have the full price applied?

My husband is a FL resident AP holder and I have a DVC AP. Can we buy family tickets? We would be looking into buying two tickets.

Nevermind. I just read a few pages back I could! Love this thread!!!!

My son and daughter-in-law are currently both active military. We are planning a family reunion in May. My son will have fulfilled his contract and be out of the army in February. Will they only be able to purchase and activate 6 tickets for the family? Or, can they each purchase 6 tickets now and have them activated by my DIL in May?

tink'smom2B said:
My son and daughter-in-law are currently both active military. We are planning a family reunion in May. My son will have fulfilled his contract and be out of the army in February. Will they only be able to purchase and activate 6 tickets for the family? Or, can they each purchase 6 tickets now and have them activated by my DIL in May?

A separate active duty or retired mm must activate each set of 6 tickets. It is tied to sponsor IDs...one sponsor may only activate 6 tickets

A separate active duty or retired mm must activate each set of 6 tickets. It is tied to sponsor IDs...one sponsor may only activate 6 tickets

Thanks! So, DIL can be the sponsor and the tickets will be associated with her ID since she will be active duty in May. Having my son purchase them now won't do any good since my son won't be active duty in May when we use them, correct?

tink'smom2B said:
Thanks! So, DIL can be the sponsor and the tickets will be associated with her ID since she will be active duty in May. Having my son purchase them now won't do any good since my son won't be active duty in May when we use them, correct?

Yes, I would have the person who will be ad in May be the one to purchase them. You don't have to wait until May to purchase them if dil is ad now. When you purchase, you'll receive a voucher which then gets exchanged at a Disney ticket window (upon activation) for a true ticket.

You can save from 4-8% on tickets for the rest of the party (those who don't use the 6 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets) by buying Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets at her base ticket office or Shades of Green.

We are at DW now on the military salute tickets. We asked at the ticket booth if we could upgrade these to AP and were told no. If I am understanding the first post correctly, that is incorrect. Can anyone confirm this and if it is possible, help me figure out the price difference. Thanks so much!

We are at DW now on the military salute tickets. We asked at the ticket booth if we could upgrade these to AP and were told no. If I am understanding the first post correctly, that is incorrect. Can anyone confirm this and if it is possible, help me figure out the price difference. Thanks so much!

That IS incorrect, talk to someone else or ask to speak to a Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets can be upgraded to AP. However, they are not price-bridged to a regular four-day ticket price.

I hope this question hasn't been asked already. I skimmed through the thread.

I have a regular one day ticket with PH & WPF&MO on it.

Can I upgrade this to a military ticket with the same options?

Thanks!

WPF&M is $174 plus tax and the AF Salute ticket with both is $198. Since the cost is higher, you can do the upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter