• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

The Four Day Armed Forces Salute Tickets cannot have any days added to them. The Gate price of a six-day ticket is only $130 more than the Salute ticket. A one-day hopper is $129. So you are best off just buying the five or six day ticket at your MWR/ITT Office to begin with.

I thought the only option was a 4 day ticket with hopper or water park and more. Are you saying they can buy a 6 day ticket at their MWR/ITT office?

I thought the only option was a 4 day ticket with hopper or water park and more. Are you saying they can buy a 6 day ticket at their MWR/ITT office?

MWR/ITT ticket offices sell regular MYW tickets as well as the Armed Forces Salute tickets. The regular MYW tickets do have a discount compared to gate price, but it's not as big of a discount as the AFS.

Thanks for the info, Chesire! I was just wondering if you had received any more clarification on the foreign service members assigned to the US being eligible for the new promotion?

2 Questions about the new Salute tickets:

1. Only 3 people in my family need tickets--Can we buy all 6 tickets and use them back-to-back (w/o a 7 day waiting period) for an eight day trip?

2. If we have unused days on the tickets will they be valid until Sept. 2014?

TIA

I'm not sure if this was ever answered?? I to would like to know once you activate and use your tickets, how long are unused days valid for??

The 14 day rule does not apply. The tickets will be valid through September 27, 2014.

My daughter is planning on buying 3 military salute tickets for family, but doesn't need one herself because she has an AP. Will she be able to do this because I read the military person needs a ticket too. Thanks in advance.

I wanted to verify that we can not purchase "will call" Armed Forces Salute tickets till September 27th?

My active duty brother is traveling with us. My immediate family has AP's but he does not - therefore he is going to purchase a ticket. We are staying at AKL during the FP+ testing/rollout and have already linked our AP's to MDE and reserved our FP+. My brother is the only one who does not have the ability to reserve times as he has no tickets linked with MDE.

My daughter is planning on buying 3 military salute tickets for family, but doesn't need one herself because she has an AP. Will she be able to do this because I read the military person needs a ticket too. Thanks in advance.

Hi Diana,

Those with passes (like myself) don't need to have a salute ticket for themselves, as their tickets are already more expensive.

Have fun.

I wanted to verify that we can not purchase "will call" Armed Forces Salute tickets till September 27th?

My active duty brother is traveling with us. My immediate family has AP's but he does not - therefore he is going to purchase a ticket. We are staying at AKL during the FP+ testing/rollout and have already linked our AP's to MDE and reserved our FP+. My brother is the only one who does not have the ability to reserve times as he has no tickets linked with MDE.

That is the date I was given... I'm in the same boat, using magic bands and FP+ for our stay. I have a FL Seasonal Pass, but the rest of my party will be using the AFS tickets.

Frustrating... I've queried my WDW contact numerous times (just this morning again) on this, but no answer yet.

I've heard through my travel agent that Disney is aware of the issue and is trying to come up with something.

But remember they are still in beta testing so I don't thing something like this will be addressed until closer to (or after) the full implementation.

This was asked back on page 1, but wasn't answered that I could see.

Would it be possible to use 2 of the 4 day mil passes back to back (for a total of 8 days)? Or is there a grace period between when the passes can be used?

This was asked back on page 1, but wasn't answered that I could see.

Would it be possible to use 2 of the 4 day mil passes back to back (for a total of 8 days)? Or is there a grace period between when the passes can be used?

No need to wait between using the tickets, they can be used back to back, up to the limit of 6 per offer.:cool1:

No need to wait between using the tickets, they can be used back to back, up to the limit of 6 per offer.:cool1:

That's good to know. We are hoping, for a future trip, to buy 6 of the Salute tickets, plus one 8 day hopper with water parks & more, so the 4 of us have 8 park days. I assume others before us have done this as well.

That's good to know. We are hoping, for a future trip, to buy 6 of the Salute tickets, plus one 8 day hopper with water parks & more, so the 4 of us have 8 park days. I assume others before us have done this as well.

They sure have!:cool1:

Steve, I know you were at the World recently. Did you have any trouble scheduling your fastpasses+ after you arrived?

We are planning to upgrade our 2 day tickets (from the Free Dining Promo) to the 4 day Salute tickets (with WP&M) when we get there. So, right now, we are only able to schedule 2 days of Fast passes + and I'm nervous about what will be left when we get there. I'm hoping we can make this work. Upgrading to the salute tickets is far cheaper than upgrading to a regular 4 day ticket.

Steve, I know you were at the World recently. Did you have any trouble scheduling your fastpasses+ after you arrived?

We are planning to upgrade our 2 day tickets (from the Free Dining Promo) to the 4 day Salute tickets (with WP&M) when we get there. So, right now, we are only able to schedule 2 days of Fast passes + and I'm nervous about what will be left when we get there. I'm hoping we can make this work. Upgrading to the salute tickets is far cheaper than upgrading to a regular 4 day ticket.

Hi,

We had no problems at all!

We scheduled the next day's FP+ every night after we finished for the day (10 pmish). Got times that worked for us (early) and were able to edit times to make them work even better the night prior and also on the fly during the day if we were running late.

We loved it!

Hi,

We had no problems at all!

We scheduled the next day's FP+ every night after we finished for the day (10 pmish). Got times that worked for us (early) and were able to edit times to make them work even better the night prior and also on the fly during the day if we were running late.

We loved it!

Oh great! Thanks so much for the update. :)

Steve, I know you were at the World recently. Did you have any trouble scheduling your fastpasses+ after you arrived? We are planning to upgrade our 2 day tickets (from the Free Dining Promo) to the 4 day Salute tickets (with WP&M) when we get there. So, right now, we are only able to schedule 2 days of Fast passes + and I'm nervous about what will be left when we get there. I'm hoping we can make this work. Upgrading to the salute tickets is far cheaper than upgrading to a regular 4 day ticket.

You can do this?! Book with free dining and upgrade to military tix? Are you sure this will work? I sure wish I had known about this option before I decided to stay offsite next month :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter