Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Does anyone know if there will be any coffee places open at night for folks going to the race? Hopefully on route to the corrals or really close by? :coffee:

I'm hoping to grab a coffee/latte to drink with my daily cinnamon raising English muffin about an hour before the race. Not sure if that's really feasible though considering the hour. :sad1:

Assuming I picked the right location for the Corrals, it's a little less than 1-Mile. At the average walking speed of 3.1mph that should work out to around 18-min.

walkdlr.png

thanks so much!! probably less of walk than I had from bus drop off to the corrals in WDW :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if there will be any coffee places open at night for folks going to the race? Hopefully on route to the corrals or really close by? :coffee:

I'm hoping to grab a coffee/latte to drink with my daily cinnamon raising English muffin about an hour before the race. Not sure if that's really feasible though considering the hour. :sad1:

I remember a coffee store open in Downtown Disney (close to the main park entrances) that was open the morning of the races...but I also remember lengthy lines at the shop, too.

Edit: Just looked at the Downtown Disney map...it was a Starbucks.

I remember a coffee store open in Downtown Disney (close to the main park entrances) that was open the morning of the races...but I also remember lengthy lines at the shop, too.

Edit: Just looked at the Downtown Disney map...it was a Starbucks.

Awesome! I finally found it in Downtown Disney using Street View images in Google Maps. No idea why it doesn't show up in a regular Google Maps search.

I'll be sure to get there early (4-4:30 am) for my coffee hit. Hoping to stay on Central time during my stay, so that should work out well. Thanks!! :goodvibes

I need advice from someone with previous DL 1/2 experience! What are the parks like on the Saturday? We'd been planning to skip them and go to the beach, but on the Disneyland board someone is suggesting that we should go to the parks that day since the AP blockouts will lower the crowds substantially. I guess I just assumed the parks would be extra busy with all the racers, but maybe between the AP blockouts and people wanting to rest their legs, it would be the better day to go??

I need advice from someone with previous DL 1/2 experience! What are the parks like on the Saturday? We'd been planning to skip them and go to the beach, but on the Disneyland board someone is suggesting that we should go to the parks that day since the AP blockouts will lower the crowds substantially. I guess I just assumed the parks would be extra busy with all the racers, but maybe between the AP blockouts and people wanting to rest their legs, it would be the better day to go??

Touringplans.com predicts fairly light crowds the entire weekend with Sunday being just sightly more crowded than Saturday or Monday. Wednesday and Thursday look down right pleasant crowd wise.

thanks so much!! probably less of walk than I had from bus drop off to the corrals in WDW :thumbsup2

So true. :)

And now I'm thinking that we should just walk up Harbor and through DTD instead of walking along Katella and up. Hmm. (from Ramada Plaza)

It's Labor Day weekend no matter what. With holiday weekends the crowds increase until the Monday when everyone goes home.

Are you running? If so, don't tire yourself out in the sun or dehydrate yourself.

So true. :)

And now I'm thinking that we should just walk up Harbor and through DTD instead of walking along Katella and up. Hmm. (from Ramada Plaza)

Google Earth says it's pretty much a dead heat between going down W. Katella ave and up Disneyland Dr. VS up Harbor and through DTD. Assuming Disneyland Dr. is not blocked off for the start of the race.

I remember a coffee store open in Downtown Disney (close to the main park entrances) that was open the morning of the races...but I also remember lengthy lines at the shop, too. Edit: Just looked at the Downtown Disney map...it was a Starbucks.

Well, I doubt it was Starbucks that you remember because it's only been open since March! ;)

I believe you may have been thinking of La Brea Bakery? I know they usually open for us runners. Jamba Juice is also usually open, and I'd have to check their list to see if anything else will be open that early, but I can't think of anything else.

Not positive about for Disneyland 1/2 but for Tink 10K DH and I walked through Downtown Disney and couldn't cross the corrals. We were directed to head South for a ways before we were allowed to cross around Corral D or so I believe so keep that in mind if you're coming early Katella might work better. Any other DL 1/2 veterans had this experience?

Well, I doubt it was Starbucks that you remember because it's only been open since March! ;)

I believe you may have been thinking of La Brea Bakery? I know they usually open for us runners. Jamba Juice is also usually open, and I'd have to check their list to see if anything else will be open that early, but I can't think of anything else.

Well....it was 4:30 in the morning, too. It could've been two guys with a food cart as far as I know. I was still (more than) half asleep! :)

I was looking at the Disney New Balance running shoe that will be up for sale at the Expo. On amazon the non-Disney version of the same shoe goes for around $100.00. How much might one expect it to sell for at the Expo?

Now that I know it's there, I called the Downtown Disney Starbucks (714-817-7387). They'll be open @ 5:00 a.m. Friday, and @ 4:00 a.m. Sat/Sun. :cool1: :coffee: :goodvibes

I'm definitely walking through DD to the race now! :)

Any one else notice that the elevations by mile are now included in the 10K and HM maps?

The 10K starts at just above 130 ft elevation and goes as low as just below 120 and as high as just below 140. The HM starts and goes as low as the 10K but also goes as high as 160 feet around mile 8 after a steady climb.

-- Suzanne

Any one else notice that the elevations by mile are now included in the 10K and HM maps?

The 10K starts at just above 130 ft elevation and goes as low as just below 120 and as high as just below 140. The HM starts and goes as low as the 10K but also goes as high as 160 feet around mile 8 after a steady climb.

-- Suzanne

No, I don't see that. Can you provide a link?

The 10K starts at just above 130 ft elevation and goes as low as just below 120 and as high as just below 140.

Wow this makes me feel better! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes I've been dealing with elevation changes of up to 300 feet on my training runs, and that's the flattest path I can find! Hopefully that will help me deal with the heat a bit better.

I was looking at the Disney New Balance running shoe that will be up for sale at the Expo. On amazon the non-Disney version of the same shoe goes for around $100.00. How much might one expect it to sell for at the Expo?

Don't recall exactly what my fiancee paid in May, but she got both the Minnie Mouse and the Cinderella shoes. I don't think she paid more than $140-160 for either pair, but I'm not 100% on that.:confused3

One pair was more than the other, and it was definitely over $100.

Now that I know it's there, I called the Downtown Disney Starbucks (714-817-7387). They'll be open @ 5:00 a.m. Friday, and @ 4:00 a.m. Sat/Sun. :cool1: :coffee: :goodvibes

I'm definitely walking through DD to the race now! :)

Now I need to remember to carry some cash to tip those lovely people for working so early for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter