Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Don't recall exactly what my fiancee paid in May, but she got both the Minnie Mouse and the Cinderella shoes. I don't think she paid more than $140-160 for either pair, but I'm not 100% on that.:confused3 One pair was more than the other, and it was definitely over $100.

Uh I remember the Sorcerer Mickeys (I think that Minnie's is the Sister shoe to that) and Cinderella being differently priced when I got them in January. The price I guess could have gone up but I'm not sure why. What I remember is the two shoes being somewhere in the 120-130 range at most per shoe. I can't imagine Minnie's being that much more than that. Let alone 160 bucks a pop.

FYI for anyone interested. Over on the Disneyland board we were playing around with the idea of a meet up. If anyone here would like to join us, the plan is 2pm on Friday the 29th out front of trader Sam's and Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel (so near the Expo).

how far can you go before hitting the "runners only" area? i assume because it's a smaller field than WDW that it'd be limited to just the corrals, would that be right? just wondering how long until i have to dump DH :)

edit nervermind, i studied the map more and i think i understand the layout now!

I am *SO* much looking forward to this event!!!

Having growing up and lived exclusively in the east, traveling to Cali is such a treat.

Can't wait.

IcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwait. :goodvibes

I am *SO* much looking forward to this event!!!

Having growing up and lived exclusively in the east, traveling to Cali is such a treat.

Can't wait.

IcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwait. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I can't wait either! :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :yay: :dance3:

I was looking over the list of speakers at the Expo. When I ran across this entry:

RunDisney said:
Thursday, August 28, 2014
6:00 p.m. – 30 mins
“I’ve been ready for this my whole life!” - Rudy
Sean Astin, Actor and running enthusiast
Sean Astin, best known for playing Rudy Ruettiger, will inspire you to believe in yourself, never take no for an answer, and that hard work pays off. Sean will also share his motivation for running and leading a healthy, active lifestyle while at the same time balancing family and work.

Rudy? Aww hell no! He'll always be Sam Gamgee the true hero of the ring series to me.

Rudy? Aww hell no! He'll always be Sam Gamgee the true hero of the ring series to me.

I think I best remember him as Drew Barrymore's steroid-loving brother in 50 First Dates. My dad and I went to see that movie together and when I first saw him I said "Hey, it's Rudy!" but I hadn't seen the LOTR movies and didn't know he was more famous for that at the time. :joker:

I can't wait to meet Mr. Astin and say "Hey, you look taller in person!"

Because I'm sure he's never heard that one. :lmao:

Awesome! Thanks for posting!

Any idea if there are "I did it" items for the 10k?

With 10,000 people running the 10k, it would seem very un-disney to leave money on the table. So I'm going to go with "yes". There will be 10k Items.

As much as I love the running part (which includes the medals!) of the runDisney events, I'm really not looking forward to the crowds/madness/chaos that is the runDisney Expo. That queueing method they had for the runDisney merchandise was a disaster. I hope they've reworked it for this year.

...But since all the merchandise they had available probably sold anyway, I really can't blame them if they didn't. Oh, well.

Still, can't wait to run through the parks and Angels stadium!

As much as I love the running part (which includes the medals!) of the runDisney events, I'm really not looking forward to the crowds/madness/chaos that is the runDisney Expo. That queueing method they had for the runDisney merchandise was a disaster. I hope they've reworked it for this year.

...But since all the merchandise they had available probably sold anyway, I really can't blame them if they didn't. Oh, well.

Still, can't wait to run through the parks and Angels stadium!

Last year's DLH was a nightmare. Tink was a million times better, so I am hopeful.

RunDisney tweeted out a discount offer from www.marathonfoto.com

Up to a 33% discount according to RunDisney.

Does anyone know, is Marathon Foto the ones that take photos along the course? In the parks? Are the Disney PhotoPass photographers there as well?

The primary photo I'm hoping to get is coming out of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
If that's Marathon Foto I might opt for the discount coupon.

RunDisney tweeted out a discount offer from www.marathonfoto.com

Up to a 33% discount according to RunDisney.

Does anyone know, is Marathon Foto the ones that take photos along the course? In the parks? Are the Disney PhotoPass photographers there as well?

The primary photo I'm hoping to get is coming out of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
If that's Marathon Foto I might opt for the discount coupon.

That's them. Regular Disney PhotoPass is not present during the race. I can't stomach the photo prices, even with a discount :headache:

Marathon Foto takes race pictures (Course, start and finish). In the past, they've given post race discounts on line if you don't buy the pictures right away, but I am not sure it is as good as the pre-race deal. They are the official photographers for all of the races near me, but I've only purchased twice. One was my first race. The other was just a really good picture. You can always ask the Disney staff to take your picture using your own camera/phone.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but if I recall, the DLH expo was bad because packet pick up was on Friday and Saturday. Everyone doing the 5k, 10k and Inaugural Dumbo had to show up on Friday. People doing the half still had Saturday for packet pick up. It was also ridiculously hot and people were lining up for shoes hours before the expo opened. I know it got a little ugly because people would try to save spots for friends. This year, the expo is also open on Thursday and there is a virtual queue for shoes, so it will be better. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter