******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you typically have to purchase tickets at full price for the RO discount? My intuition tells me no, but wanted to confirm.

number crunching today .. If I am able to keep what I have now at CBR - standard room with 8day hoppers then I'll come in under budget by just over $500 (mostly due to the GC we'll be getting for 7 nights). If I have to swap to the pirate room and hopper + it puts me $5 over budget. Then there is staying at ASSP for the same time frame with the free quick which would be about $400 under budget and if we upgrade to the dining plan then I am about $300 under budget.. so for me it hinges on if we can keep what we have already, if not I am heading to Sports and paying out of pocket for all my table meals (which the budget already includes so the $400 over is just spending $$)

Got it done, the only room I could get you was a Club Level Theme Park View, hopefully you don't mind, oh and of course you will receive a 1 day Park Hopper ticket and 1 day worth of Deluxe Dining!!!

Have a wonderful trip, Thanks in advance for the urgent updates from your local media!!!!!!!!!!!:thanks::rotfl2::earboy2:

Fair enough, thank you! :)

As soon anything gets published, I will post it here.

Does this make any sense to anyone??? -- I emailed my TA yesterday in a panic about not being able to book 7 nights at the Poly. She replied that Disney only allows her to book a limited number of nights at certain hotels during certain time periods. So she had to make one 5 night reservation, and then another 2 night reservation, and noted that we would like to stay in the same room for both reservations. This make no sense - what does Disney gain by limiting the number of nights booked per reservation?
If you reservation stays this way you will not get FD for the last 2 days.

I also don't like that the excuse tends to be "children who miss X amount of days are more likely to fail math" or "more likely to drop out of school." This excuse simply does not apply to kids who do well in school yet are absent due to family vacations. The kids who are doing poorly in school are failing not because of going to Disney World but due to other more important issues.
This has nothing to do with our teachers and the way they teach. It's more with everything and the way schools have shifted. Focus is lost and now most schools at certain grades only teach so their kids can do great on certain tests that grade how the students and teachers compare across the state. We have gotten away from what is really important in schools and turned our focus everywhere because all schools are now scratching and clawing to get every dollar they can from the government. Schools are a broken system that need to be fixed and not just here and there. Schools need to have more stability and not fear about their bottom line every year, they are not a money making company and they are government funded. They need to find ways to save, but yet give the best education that every child deserves. Every child, even if they are an F student or an A student deserves the same thing. A good education and a chance at life. If a child misses a week class they should not be punished for it. Teachers make plans for a reason, they can give those plans to students who are not there. Parents should also be engaged and I see more parents that take their kids on trips being engaged with their children and the pressure shifts from the teacher to the parent. So its the parents responsibility to step up. Why not take some slack from an overworked, under paid teacher. The whole if a child misses too many days they will flunk is wrong. What teachers know, and faculty may not is that children learn differently. some are more hands on, some learn from books, There are too many variables to put every child in the same category.

Value resort question: So it seems like POP is going to fill up pretty darn fast once FD is dropped. Since AoA standard rooms aren't usually included, do you all have any preferences on what the next 'best' value resort is? I stayed at ASM on a trip in high school and it was fine. It seems like all of the AS resorts are pretty similar.

Disunplugged is going to talk free dining on their one o'clock show today. Something to distract us all from waiting.
Oh no, the last time that happened people thought they were condensing. Plus I think it made new comers check us out and led to some slightly less friendly posts. I'm always worried that this ever so helpful and friendly thread is right on the edge of falling into the "normal" online forum zone. Let's all agree that we like each other, we like this thread and we like our crazy FD watch no matter what any one says. :mickeyjum

I too have a husband who gets grumpy and annoyed when I talk DIsney! I basically do every single thing then just tell him what days to take off work! But then again, I kinda love making all the decisions and being in control!! Haha!
I'm single and my bestie and his friend, well our friend is going with us, we have bi weekly dinners to get together and talk. My bestie watches Dis vids almost all day to get into the mood. He is more into it then I am at this point.

Oh no, the last time that happened people thought they were condensing. Plus I think it made new comers check us out and led to some slightly less friendly posts. I'm always worried that this ever so helpful and friendly thread is right on the edge of falling into the "normal" online forum zone. Let's all agree that we like each other, we like this thread and we like our crazy FD watch no matter what any one says. :mickeyjum
I didn't realize people got upset with them. That's too bad. I agree. This is the first and only board I've ever posted to because everyone is nice and I am non confrontational .:love:

:offtopic: I finally got an avatar to work for me!! Now... how do I add a ticker at the bottom????:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter