******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say it still works like this but when I was in high school I never missed school ever. I had strep throat. It happened to be the day that all students were counted for funding for the whole year. They made a big deal of it, some day in October, posters all over the school don't miss this day!! Well I had strep throat went to the doctor had a note all that. The principal called my father and pleaded with him to just bring me for one hour. My father refused and the principal cussed him out. I was homeschooled the next year. So maybe there are other reasons, and not putting any of this on teachers, but from that moment on I could only see schools as more focused on money and funding then children.

I homeschool my kids.

I love homeschooling. we use k12.com my son has been there almost 3 years. He had a choice next year go to a high school or stick with k12. His answer was "why would I want to go to a High school. The teachers don't care, the principal doesn't care and we have too many bullies. I am staying where I know I get my work done."
Granted when we took him out it was after he was picked up and thrown on the ground by this bully. The teachers did nothing. The principal didn't call me back I called 4 times that day ..nothing... I waited till that Friday still no call (2 days later). I then called k12.com and they had us ready to pull him out the next Monday and he started k12 right away.
I love that I can go into his plan and just change dates around and take the vacation when we want.
We plan for him to do three weeks of classes the first week in a half to have his school work ahead and ready for our 8/9 day trip.

Oh no, I have noticed quite a few newcomers in here, which is fine, everyone has been polite and respectful. What happened that it got ugly?
I know of one person who said they watched the podcast and came here as a result, and just kept calling everyone here crazy(. Kind of irritated me, so I responded to him something like if he wasn't going to be kind or wasn't here to discuss FD then he should leave.

We always go to DW in November or December, and the kids always get in the pool. Never done a day at a water park or anything, but there's always been at least one warm day for the kids to swim. Also, the water is heated in all of the pools.
I guess this is a matter of desired water temperature. I was told the same thing...the pools are heated. I found the pool to be too cold. Yes, there were people and kids in the pool, so again, it's a matter of what you think "too cold" or "heated" means to you once you get in.

Wow...this is very interesting. I don't think anyone thought about this as a possibility.

I saw that but the page we looked at yesterday that said from August 21... was a different web page. They aren't the same URL. The one we talked about yesterday isn't showing up in the search engine results now. It is bizarre...

Sorry if this has been answered, I am struggling to keep up! I am making my reservations now so I can modify Monday. Is it best if I add the dining plan now, or does not matter?

I asked this too and didn't get an answer- probably just bc board is moving too fast! Lol. But I ended up not adding it- but I don't think it makes any difference either way you do it.

this might be a stupid question, but does the disney site only update for special offers on Mondays? I have a Disney Visa and I have never had luck snagging an earlier deal and wondered if Disney Visa has a specific "day of choice"? I may not even have the right site bookmarked for Visa early access...

It is my understanding that Monday has been the day for FD updates the last couple of years. My Visa offer actually came through email on the same Monday, at about 9:00 am. I have heard that some people get their offer through the mail. Mine was an email.

now off of the homeschooling lol- anyone think the second week of dec is a better time then the first week?

I don't. I have been both and the first week was a lot better. Second week isn't bad but as long as you aren't staying over a week. We went second week and stayed 10 days and the last 2 days were insane.

I asked this too and didn't get an answer- probably just bc board is moving too fast! Lol. But I ended up not adding it- but I don't think it makes any difference either way you do it.

I'm not sure it matters, because you often have to make a new reservation to get FD. It all depends on room type available with FD at each resort.

We always go to DW in November or December, and the kids always get in the pool. Never done a day at a water park or anything, but there's always been at least one warm day for the kids to swim. Also, the water is heated in all of the pools.

I was going to ask this....it's our first time going in Nov (11/25-12/2) but figured it would still be warm.

I don't. I have been both and the first week was a lot better. Second week isn't bad but as long as you aren't staying over a week. We went second week and stayed 10 days and the last 2 days were insane.
Completely agree. In our experience December gets more crowded each day of the month until around the 20th or so when it gets exponentially more crowded.

I know of one person who said they watched the podcast and came here as a result, and just kept calling everyone here crazy(. Kind of irritated me, so I responded to him something like if he wasn't going to be kind or wasn't here to discuss FD then he should leave.
Oh, so it wasn't an angry mob. Got it. Thanks.

Oh no, the last time that happened people thought they were condensing. Plus I think it made new comers check us out and led to some slightly less friendly posts. I'm always worried that this ever so helpful and friendly thread is right on the edge of falling into the "normal" online forum zone. Let's all agree that we like each other, we like this thread and we like our crazy FD watch no matter what any one says. :mickeyjum

Well we will just stay strong and have a united kind friendly front. If that doesn't work we can ignore the trolls until the leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter