• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I guess I need to be on "Sold Out" watch. In Jan, the first DAH night sold out 4 days in advance. I am very interested to see when/if these summer dates sell out.

So excited to be heading back for my 3rd AH event (2nd for my mom/sis) on June 30th! We already had a trip planned for the opening of TSL so we couldn't help but get tickets once AH was announced for that same night!

I saw this on a Facebook group. Looks like a mailer advertising the summer DAH events, right? Maybe ticket sales are slower than expected?

Attachments

• AE6B18EC-1871-4258-9182-22303EA6E135.jpeg
    AE6B18EC-1871-4258-9182-22303EA6E135.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 52
  • D2565651-C902-451B-8C26-7520C30A92E1.jpeg
    D2565651-C902-451B-8C26-7520C30A92E1.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 53

Ok. Dumb questions, but here goes......

1. We just bought our DAH tickets for 8/30, and they were added to our account. So, we just tap our magic bands to enter the MK at 7:00 prior to the 9:00 event start time?

2. We will not be going into another park on that day, just the DAH event. But, if we have other park tickets on our magic band, how will the system know to deducted the DAH ticket and not a day from our regular tickets?

1. We just bought our DAH tickets for 8/30, and they were added to our account. So, we just tap our magic bands to enter the MK at 7:00 prior to the 9:00 event start time?

2. We will not be going into another park on that day, just the DAH event. But, if we have other park tickets on our magic band, how will the system know to deducted the DAH ticket and not a day from our regular tickets?

It’s supposed to automatically know but I’m personally gonna use the card for entry instead just incase

Hey all -- I'm considering upgrading our park tickets to APs on our July trip. We've already purchased (and received) our DAH tickets for July 7 and 9. Anyone know if Guest Relations might refund us the AP discount for them? I'm assuming it's too late for that...

Hey all -- I'm considering upgrading our park tickets to APs on our July trip. We've already purchased (and received) our DAH tickets for July 7 and 9. Anyone know if Guest Relations might refund us the AP discount for them? I'm assuming it's too late for that...

Reports from the winter DAH indicated that you can go to Guest Relations and they’ll credit you the discount. I’m not sure if it’s in the form of a Disney gift card or they just refund your credit card... but I’d definitely give it a shot. Several folks reported success.

Reports from the winter DAH indicated that you can go to Guest Relations and they’ll credit you the discount. I’m not sure if it’s in the form of a Disney gift card or they just refund your credit card... but I’d definitely give it a shot. Several folks reported success.
Thanks! I thought I'd read about that, but wasn't sure. I'll definitely ask (if we do upgrade).

Do not enter at just any entrance! Look for the special “EVENT entrance”. They should have a few tap points specifically designated as event entrances. Those are set to take your DAH ticket. If you enter at a regular gate, it will take off a regular park admission. Just look for the special entrance & you’ll be fine!

Do not enter at just any entrance! Look for the special “EVENT entrance”. They should have a few tap points specifically designated as event entrances. Those are set to take your DAH ticket. If you enter at a regular gate, it will take off a regular park admission. Just look for the special entrance & you’ll be fine!

This, 1,000 times this. Cannot stress it enough when going to special hard-ticket events like this. It’s too easy to get caught up in the moment and just go on in the MK like you normally do - but definitely keep an eye for the DAH entrances.

This, 1,000 times this. Cannot stress it enough when going to special hard-ticket events like this. It’s too easy to get caught up in the moment and just go on in the MK like you normally do - but definitely keep an eye for the DAH entrances.

GREAT info! Thank you so much for that advice. :worship:

Still wondering what the "card" reference (in above post) was? :confused3

GREAT info! Thank you so much for that advice. :worship:

Still wondering what the "card" reference (in above post) was? :confused3

If you bought online, you most likely left the default “will call” delivery option. If so, your DAH tickets should be automatically linked to your MDX profiles. Go to “My Reservations and Tickets” and scroll down and you should see them, along with your other admission media. You won’t receive a “card.” You could technically go to Will Call that day and pick one up, but no need so long as your DAH tickets show up on your MDX account.

Early on DAH tickets weren’t available online and you had to call to buy them. If you did, you were more than likely mailed your tickets (the card).

Hope that all made sense.

Just booked my 2nd DAH event of the year. I will be attending on July 7th!

I went back in March, and had one of the best Disney "experiences" I have ever had. It probably won't happen again since this is a solo trip for me and there has to be at least one other person in order for the experience to happen.

Just so everyone knows, do NOT meet Mickey at the start of the event. It wasted to much time for me even if I had a fastpass at the end of the MK regular park day.

I have a review of the event in my trip report...A Solo Trip: Is it Spring or Winter? Click the link in my signature if you want to see the review.

Can someone clarify for me if we need to go to will call to pick up cards or not please?

We booked over the phone and are international guests so nothing was mailed.

I put the reference into mde and it shows up fine. We will have magic bands as we have booked an overnight stay at AOA.

Do we just tap our bands at the special event turnstiles or do I need the cards?

Thanks

Can someone clarify for me if we need to go to will call to pick up cards or not please?

We booked over the phone and are international guests so nothing was mailed.

I put the reference into mde and it shows up fine. We will have magic bands as we have booked an overnight stay at AOA.

Do we just tap our bands at the special event turnstiles or do I need the cards?

Thanks
As long as you have the confirmation and applied the tickets to MDE, you should be ok. You can also request to have a hard ticket at any Disney guest services location while on your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter