"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Splash Mountain
August 28th through November 16th, 2017
January 8th through February 1st, 2018

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
April 4th through to July 15th, 2016
August 8th through November 18th, 2016

Based on this information, it looks like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is in need of refurbishment.:flower3:

I am confused by this...why does that make it seem as though BTMRR is in need of refurbishment? It has been less than two years since the last lengthy refurb and there haven’t been any instances of it breaking down.

I actually thought that Space Mtn would be up next for refurbishment since it seemed like they were doing a mountain a year. I am glad to see that as of now, it is up and running!

I am confused by this...why does that make it seem as though BTMRR is in need of refurbishment? It has been less than two years since the last lengthy refurb and there haven’t been any instances of it breaking down.

I actually thought that Space Mtn would be up next for refurbishment since it seemed like they were doing a mountain a year. I am glad to see that as of now, it is up and running!

Yes, historically Disney maintains a mountain ride per year, last year it was Splash leaving BTMRR in need.

In 2016 Disney made many updates to BTMRR to mirror that of Disneyland's, it was a huge project and tweaking may be necessary this year. Again BTMRR has not be listed as a refub but this could be the reason why it's off the list of open attractions during MNSSHP.

I was hoping to try to ride BTMR during the fireworks, but I guess that won't work :( Is there another ride that is just as fun to be on during the fireworks? Or are the projections do-not-miss? two adults, two kiddos 7 and 4. Thanks!

I believe they shut some rides down during fireworks however, if you're on a ride and the fireworks begin you will be able to complete the ride. We did this last year when riding BTMRR and when our ride was complete CM's would not allow anyone to board due to the fireworks. This was the first time we experienced this so if anyone has more information please feel free to chime in.

I was hoping to try to ride BTMR during the fireworks, but I guess that won't work :( Is there another ride that is just as fun to be on during the fireworks? Or are the projections do-not-miss? two adults, two kiddos 7 and 4. Thanks!

I would think those rockets would be cool to ride while fireworks went on if it was allowed.

Don’t know if this was mentioned ... I made my fastpass selection yesterday for our trip August 14-21. Thunder Run was available for selection the entire trip. So at least for the first party, it should be available. :thumbsup2

And there we go!

Don’t know if this was mentioned ... I made my fastpass selection yesterday for our trip August 14-21. Thunder Run was available for selection the entire trip. So at least for the first party, it should be available. :thumbsup2
That's great information! I know it can change and sometimes refurbs starts in September and not in August, but we're off to a great start.

I believe they shut some rides down during fireworks however, if you're on a ride and the fireworks begin you will be able to complete the ride. We did this last year when riding BTMRR and when our ride was complete CM's would not allow anyone to board due to the fireworks. This was the first time we experienced this so if anyone has more information please feel free to chime in.
Are the Halloween fireworks different? We always ride BTMR during the normal MK fireworks. We did it with Wishes and HEA.

People who are already in your 60 day window, are you finding that you can book FP for 4-6pm on your party day with no regular park ticket?

And Splash too?

I forgot about the BTMRR concern. I made our 90 day Fps in May and got both BTMRR and Splash for Aug 17th.
Unless they add it in for the parties, it's looking like BTMRR is not open for the parties. I suppose it could still go into refurbishment and I'll get an email...

I forgot about the BTMRR concern. I made our 90 day Fps in May and got both BTMRR and Splash for Aug 17th.
Unless they add it in for the parties, it's looking like BTMRR is not open for the parties. I suppose it could still go into refurbishment and I'll get an email...
How did you make choices at 90 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter