"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I am sorry if this is a "dumb" question, but what Disney movies should I see before the party?
To kind of "warm up" for the Christmas Party and other "Christmas things" at WDW
We are going November 8 to the party (we will be in WDW from November 3-10) YAY...
And, after seeing these movies I have too se..???..... characters?

Thank you, from Adèle in Norway (sitting with here with my leg hight because of an injurie and hopes it heals before our trip "LOL")

Funny that you asked this question - the DIS Unplugged has an entire vlog episode dedicated to this very same question! (
)

I personally like the old-school Mickey & the gang movies - Mickey's Christmas Carol (with Scrooge McDuck!), Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, etc. Our family also loves Prep & Landing which might "prepare" you for the show at Hollywood Studios. And although more winter than actual Christmas, there is always anything Frozen! (Frozen, and Olaf's Frozen Adventure) No matter what you choose, you can't go wrong with Disney and Christmas all rolled up into one movie.

P.S. - I hope your leg heals soon!

Last edited:
Good luck healing before you’re trip! My top recommendation would be nightmare before Christmas and since you’re going to one of the first parties it’s a great transition between Halloween and Christmas.
Thank you so much :) Nightmare before Christmas is now on my list... I don`t think I have seen that one :)

Funny that you asked this question - the DIS Unplugged has en entire vlog episode dedicated to this very same question! (
)

I personally like the old-school Mickey & the gang movies - Mickey's Christmas Carol (with Scrooge McDuck!), Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, etc. Our family also loves Prep & Landing which might "prepare" you for the show at Hollywood Studios. And although more winter than actual Christmas, there is always anything Frozen! (Frozen, and Olaf's Frozen Adventure) No matter what you choose, you can't go wrong with Disney and Christmas all rolled up into one movie.

P.S. - I hope your leg heals soon!
Thank you very much... I am going to see the vlog later tonight... very exited about that and that my questions was not as "dumb" as I thought.
We have a Muppet Disney movie here we have not seen yet, and the others would be on my list. Better start shopping :)
Frozen is GREAT, and we have that one here...

Thank you very much... I am going to see the vlog later tonight... very exited about that and that my questions was not as "dumb" as I thought.
We have a Muppet Disney movie here we have not seen yet, and the others would be on my list. Better start shopping :)
Frozen is GREAT, and we have that one here...
A Muppet Christmas Carol is also wonderful!

And although more winter than actual Christmas, there is always anything Frozen! (Frozen, and Olaf's Frozen Adventure) No matter what you choose, you can't go wrong with Disney and Christmas all rolled up into one movie.

Of course, Frozen is actually a summer movie. :)

NEWS

Santa Mickey Mouse and Friends Disney Holiday Fleece Throw
file_9d2b98f7.jpeg
$24.95

https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=christmas

We have an ADR for the Plaza at 550... think that will give us time to eat and have most of the non party ticket holders leave? I heard that from 6-7 the hub is packed. I'm hoping to go in, eat, come out to a little less crowds and to see the castle all lit up.. am I dreaming too big??

We have an ADR for the Plaza at 550... think that will give us time to eat and have most of the non party ticket holders leave? I heard that from 6-7 the hub is packed. I'm hoping to go in, eat, come out to a little less crowds and to see the castle all lit up.. am I dreaming too big??

HUB crowded all night --- Remember the stage show, so people will stay/moving/leaving for that too; In addition to parade, fireworks. Plaza sometimes is behind on seating guests, so may not finish ADR until 7:30pm or later. Last year show was at 7:40pm, with 2nd Holiday Wish at 8:15pm then parade at 8:30 so if times the same this year, then you are walking into the crowds.

HUB crowded all night --- Remember the stage show, so people will stay/moving/leaving for that too; In addition to parade, fireworks. Plaza sometimes is behind on seating guests, so may not finish ADR until 7:30pm or later. Last year show was at 7:40pm, with 2nd Holiday Wish at 8:15pm then parade at 8:30 so if times the same this year, then you are walking into the crowds.

Oh no.... didnt think of all that... yikes... ok.. maybe I can get it a little earlier.. thank you!! We were hoping to sneak right off into Tomorrowland after our meal... but wanted to get a quick ice castle pic 1st.. hmmmmmmm... decisions decisions

Oh no.... didnt think of all that... yikes... ok.. maybe I can get it a little earlier.. thank you!! We were hoping to sneak right off into Tomorrowland after our meal... but wanted to get a quick ice castle pic 1st.. hmmmmmmm... decisions decisions

You're welcome! I am still contemplating my plans for the night, my ADR is for 4:25pm, trying to get 4pm.

You know you can enter the park @ 4pm? Also, some characters start to meet as early as 5:45pm. Not sure of your plans.....

You're welcome! I am still contemplating my plans for the night, my ADR is for 4:25pm, trying to get 4pm.

You know you can enter the park @ 4pm? Also, some characters start to meet as early as 5:45pm. Not sure of your plans.....

I'm not sure either!! I have my tix for 12/11...that's about as far as I've gotten!! We have a "brunch"planned at GFCafe at 1130.. so wont be very hungry until 5 or 6ish.. Its me, DH, and 2 up DS.. he loves Mickey and Pooh.. debating getting. FP to see Mickey and wait in line for Pooh & friends.. but then I can see Pooh & Tigger on our other MK day.. so should i waste valuable party time standing in line? Only rides that are musts are Dumbo, Buzz, and carousel .. then the fireworks, parade, and tomorrowland show.. so I'm just trying to map out an idea of how the heck to make it work and make sense!!!

I'm not sure either!! I have my tix for 12/11...that's about as far as I've gotten!! We have a "brunch"planned at GFCafe at 1130.. so wont be very hungry until 5 or 6ish.. Its me, DH, and 2 up DS.. he loves Mickey and Pooh.. debating getting. FP to see Mickey and wait in line for Pooh & friends.. but then I can see Pooh & Tigger on our other MK day.. so should i waste valuable party time standing in line? Only rides that are musts are Dumbo, Buzz, and carousel .. then the fireworks, parade, and tomorrowland show.. so I'm just trying to map out an idea of how the heck to make it work and make sense!!!

You must meet pooh & Gand during party, they are in party attire. Same for Mickey, special outfit for MVMCP. See Post #1 - Characters, it lists which ones are exclusive to MVMCP and which ones have special attire for MVMCP. If you are in line by 6:15/6:30 you should be in Pooh & Friends 1st set, and done by ~7:20pm (before or after) depending on where in line. Mickey line is shortest during parades and fireworks, so could see hime during 2nd parade.

Post #1 will be updated when details are released. You can see Post #3, previous MVMCP Thread for last year's times.

You must meet pooh & Gand during party, they are in party attire. Same for Mickey, special outfit for MVMCP. See Post #1 - Characters, it lists which ones are exclusive to MVMCP and which ones have special attire for MVMCP. If you are in line by 6:15/6:30 you should be in Pooh & Friends 1st set, and done by ~7:20pm (before or after) depending on where in line. Mickey line is shortest during parades and fireworks, so could see hime during 2nd parade.

Post #1 will be updated when details are released. You can see Post #3, previous MVMCP Thread for last year's times.

I was hoping you were gonna say dont worry about meeting them!! Lol.. now I feel guilty!!! Maybe a better move would be a QS at like Columbia HH around 5-530 then jump in line for pooh @ 615-630ish... can we tag team when we are in line.. or is it a PITA?? Just thinking that the 2 yo will not stay in line that long.. dont know how I will be able to make that work!! Ugh....

Ok.. so my musts:
Non party specific:
Ride carousel
Ride Dumbo
Ride Buzz

Magic Shots:
Pic in front of castle
1 or 2 magic shots in the park

Meet & Greet:
Mickey
Pooh & friends

Shows:
Tomorrowland show
Fireworks (is this a must from in front of the castle?)
Parade
Mickeys Merriest (maybe)

Food:
Comp Cookies and drinks
Dinner- either QS or TS before party

I'm pretty sure we wont even be stepping foot in adventure or frontier land... saving that side of MK for another day at the park.. plus PP and SW... ok... now that I've written a NOVEL.. sorry guys.. just trying to get my head straight!!
Appreciate you guys listening to me blab!!

I was hoping you were gonna say dont worry about meeting them!! Lol.. now I feel guilty!!! Maybe a better move would be a QS at like Columbia HH around 5-530 then jump in line for pooh @ 615-630ish... can we tag team when we are in line.. or is it a PITA?? Just thinking that the 2 yo will not stay in line that long.. dont know how I will be able to make that work!! Ugh....

Ok.. so my musts:
Non party specific:
Ride carousel
Ride Dumbo
Ride Buzz

Magic Shots:
Pic in front of castle
1 or 2 magic shots in the park

Meet & Greet:
Mickey
Pooh & friends

Shows:
Tomorrowland show
Fireworks (is this a must from in front of the castle?)
Parade
Mickeys Merriest (maybe)

Food:
Comp Cookies and drinks
Dinner- either QS or TS before party

I'm pretty sure we wont even be stepping foot in adventure or frontier land... saving that side of MK for another day at the park.. plus PP and SW... ok... now that I've written a NOVEL.. sorry guys.. just trying to get my head straight!!
Appreciate you guys listening to me blab!!

I stay in line while DH & DD10 ride rides. Sometimes switch out. I do let the PP standing in line in front & behind me know. :santa:

Last edited:
We have AP so we plan to enter the park on the day of our party around 3 PM. This gives us 3-6 to use FastPasses. If we use a FP to book meeting Rapunzel and Tiana, will Flynn and Naveen be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter