• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! We are planning on going to the party on 11/13. We are staying on property, but prefer to drive to the parks instead of using the buses on late nights especially with our two young kids. We were wondering if preferred parking would be an option for us. We plan on getting to the park as soon as we can with the party ticket (we aren't doing a park that day).
Basically, I want to know if preferred parking is an option for us or does it fill up especially with it being a party day?
Thanks!

Hey everyone! We are planning on going to the party on 11/13. We are staying on property, but prefer to drive to the parks instead of using the buses on late nights especially with our two young kids. We were wondering if preferred parking would be an option for us. We plan on getting to the park as soon as we can with the party ticket (we aren't doing a park that day).
Basically, I want to know if preferred parking is an option for us or does it fill up especially with it being a party day?
Thanks!
Preferred parking would probably still be an option, but in all honesty, doesn't make sense because you have to park at the TTC. My suggestion would be to take a bus there and use the money you would have paid for preferred parking for a Minnie Van back to your hotel. This is something we have done, especially from MK.

UPDATES

New Candlelight Processional Narrators Announced

• Chita Rivera, Nov. 22 – 23
  • Helen Hunt, Nov. 24-25 – NEW
  • Alfonso Ribeiro, Nov. 26-27 – NEW
  • Neil Patrick Harris, Dec. 3 – 6
  • Whoopi Goldberg, Dec. 7 – 9
  • Bart Millard, Dec. 10-12 – NEW
  • Blair Underwood, Dec. 13 – 14
  • Gary Sinise, Dec. 15 – 17
  • Pat Sajak, Dec. 18 – 20
  • Auli’I Cravalho, Dec. 21-23 – NEW
  • Edward James Olmos, Dec. 24 – 25
  • Jodi Benson, Dec. 26 – 27
  • Cal Ripken Jr., Dec. 28-30

New Candlelight Processional Narrators, Food & Merchandise Set for 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays

UGH They are killing me. My dates are still not announced!

I have an ADR for The Wave for a 1:50pm late lunch before MVMCP on 12/9.
We plan to sleep in and swim and then head from POP to our ADR and then over to wait in line to enter MK.
Is this a good plan in your opinion?
Its just my sister and I.

I have an ADR for The Wave for a 1:50pm late lunch before MVMCP on 12/9.
We plan to sleep in and swim and then head from POP to our ADR and then over to wait in line to enter MK.
Is this a good plan in your opinion?
Its just my sister and I.

Yes, sounds good. You could walk to MK instead of monorail too. Have fun!

Just booked the GF for dec 9-15th now to figure out if we are doing multiple parties and which days!

I recommend 2 parties if it fits plans and budget. Especially if plan to meet characters, parade, fireworks & show. If just rides, no.

I recommend 2 parties if it fits plans and budget. Especially if plan to meet characters, parade, fireworks & show. If just rides, no.
Thanks that’s what I’m
Thinking since we just did 2 Halloween parties and still we’re not able to get everything done

Do the early parties usually sell out? We're planning to go to the 11/12 party & my niece wants to go with us, but won't know if she'll be able to get off work until much closer to the date (like a week before...) Are we safe in waiting, or should we go ahead and buy her a ticket just in case?

Do the early parties usually sell out? We're planning to go to the 11/12 party & my niece wants to go with us, but won't know if she'll be able to get off work until much closer to the date (like a week before...) Are we safe in waiting, or should we go ahead and buy her a ticket just in case?

I know I have heard before that the first Christmas party sells out a little bit before the party date. I know there is a link around here somewhere that lists previous parties and when they have sold out but I can't seem to find it.

You could buy a ticket and then if she can't go you could sell it to someone and then reassign it to them in MDE.

I always say if going for sure, purchase when you know, you never know. Trend has changed the last two years with price increase, but MVMCP had more sold out parties than MNSSHP last year. Page 1, Post #3 - Previous MVMCP thread, shows which parties sold out and the dates they sold out on with links to old threads.

I'm super excited I just bought a t-shirt for my sister and I that has a Mickey head in a giant glitter snow flake. (one of those suggested limited edition ads on FB couldn't resist it since I've been in the Christmas mood since I came home from the Halloween party lol)
I wasn't sure if I should go with red and green or our favorite colors. The shades of blue and purple were absolutely amazing so I went with it. We may wear them to the party and I don't care that they aren't Christmas colors lol.

This will be our first MVMCP, planning to go 11/15!! Buying our tix this weekend- YAY! I am looking most forward to the snack details, food is where my heart is! I've read several very helpful blogs on past party logistics on times we can get in MK, etc. but was curious if anyone had first hand experience of whether or not it's worth it to show up early at 4pm to get a head start on rides/wait times. It will be a Thursday night party. I've read some blogs that say arriving early is nice for lower wait times. Wondering if that's really true or just better to ride everything we want to during the party.

I'm dying to know what the treats you purchase are.
I know I'll be getting the complimentary ones but if they've got something else that sounds good I'll give it a try.
Can you use snack credits on treats you have to purchase?

This will be our first MVMCP, planning to go 11/15!! Buying our tix this weekend- YAY! I am looking most forward to the snack details, food is where my heart is! I've read several very helpful blogs on past party logistics on times we can get in MK, etc. but was curious if anyone had first hand experience of whether or not it's worth it to show up early at 4pm to get a head start on rides/wait times. It will be a Thursday night party. I've read some blogs that say arriving early is nice for lower wait times. Wondering if that's really true or just better to ride everything we want to during the party.
I think if your interested in pictures with characters its very important to show up early. As far as the rides from 4pm regular day guests will still be there so riding rides will probably be busy until the day guests leave. At least this is my experience with the Halloween party in DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter