• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the first party in 2019 and 2018.

We don't know that it's "terribly crowded with bloggers" because when you see someone, you don't know whether or not they are a blogger. We only know that it is sold out and assume there are a lot of bloggers there.
At the first party in 2018, the bloggers had some special roped off sections in the hub and they were taking up some prime fireworks real estate. I didn’t notice their presence at the first party last year though.

At the first party in 2018, the bloggers had some special roped off sections in the hub and they were taking up some prime fireworks real estate. I didn’t notice their presence at the first party last year though.

Yup. OP was asking if ride lines might be short at the first party because so many of the attendees will be bloggers who might not go on the rides which don't have party overlays. Even if bloggers have a special roped off section where they can hang out if they want, I'm not sure that will mean short ride lines.

There's also the whole issue of how many people they really allow into the party. Are some of the bloggers comped? And does Disney sell the same number of tickets for each party? On the first night, does a sell out mean the same number of tickets are sold as for a sell out on a different night PLUS the bloggers are there? And what about the party pass people, if the party pass is sold again and can be used on the first night?

Which is my complicated way of saying that I don't know if "sell out" for the first party means more people in the park than "sell out" for other parties.

Yup. OP was asking if ride lines might be short at the first party because so many of the attendees will be bloggers who might not go on the rides which don't have party overlays. Even if bloggers have a special roped off section where they can hang out if they want, I'm not sure that will mean short ride lines.

There's also the whole issue of how many people they really allow into the party. Are some of the bloggers comped? And does Disney sell the same number of tickets for each party? On the first night, does a sell out mean the same number of tickets are sold as for a sell out on a different night PLUS the bloggers are there? And what about the party pass people, if the party pass is sold again and can be used on the first night?

Which is my complicated way of saying that I don't know if "sell out" for the first party means more people in the park than "sell out" for other parties.

Yep. And the reality is, especially if they do offer the party pass again, a non sold out party can feel much more crowded then a sold out party. The weather plays a huge factor in this too.

I might be in the minority, but I love going to the first party and experiencing all the unknowns. Lol.

Yep. And the reality is, especially if they do offer the party pass again, a non sold out party can feel much more crowded then a sold out party. The weather plays a huge factor in this too.

I might be in the minority, but I love going to the first party and experiencing all the unknowns. Lol.

I liked going to the first party too! But I don't think I will be in the Orlando area during the first party this year.

In my opinion, even a sold out party can be a great one. We’ve done them with and without a plan. Definitely covered more ground with a plan, but also enjoyed winging it. No matter what, you can’t do everything in one night, unless it’s a low crowd night like during the hurricane last year. But even then, we didn’t cover everything. Have a realistic priority list and go have a blast!

Any recommendations for a pre-party meal? I was thinking Ohana as I've never been there and it's nice and close to MK, but it doesn't open for dinner until 3:30, and I was hoping to enter the park at 4PM.

Any recommendations for a pre-party meal? I was thinking Ohana as I've never been there and it's nice and close to MK, but it doesn't open for dinner until 3:30, and I was hoping to enter the park at 4PM.

Kona? Grand Floridian Cafe? Narcoose’s? Citricos? The Wave? Contemporary Grille?

Lots of options on the monorail line. Check out the WDW website where it will show you all the restaurants categorized by hotel location and times open.

We find it easiest to eat counter service at the MK as soon as we enter at 4pm. We usually fill up at Pecos Billl. It’s not too crowded if you get there before 5pm.

If you want to do TS along the monorail line, I’d make a reservation at 2pm so you can relax a bit and not feel rushed. You might find yourself starving at the party at about 10pm though.

While my last experience there was off, I have enjoyed The Wave pre party in the past.

I also really like Skipper Canteen.

If we go, it would be the Friday, September 4 party. I am debating whether to do this as our splurge this year. I typically don’t find the parties worth it, but have tried to go every few years.

My biggest question is what the ride lines are like for the mountains and other popular rides for labor day weekend parties (especially now with the party pass). I remember back in the old days, where you basically walked and everything and often didn’t even need to get off if you want to ride again. We’re not as interested in the meet and greets, but I really would only want to go to this if the ride lines are fairly manageable. Not paying for the party if I’m going to be standing in 30 to 45 minute lines for everything.

The other question, is what the hub is like for fireworks. I’ve seen what it is like a non-party days during the season and it’s horrible. Is it just as crowded now during the parties? It seems like these are a lot more packed than before. The other option considering instead of MNSSHP, is a dessert party on one of the non-party nights.

There are special lines for the party entrance. Just be sure to use those lanes.
This is what I always believed too. Each time we've gone we were directed to a party line, however when I posted this last year on the thread someone corrected me and said that it's not true. ??? That there is no designated party line. I think people still have issues (few and far between from what I've seen) with the party ticket not being used, but rather a park day ticket. I would love some definite clarification on this issue because we've never had a problem and have always been directed to a specific entrance line.
Trick-or-treat bags are included at the event, right? I don't need to remember to bring a sack?
It honestly depends on how much you ToT. We got MOUNTAINS of candy and I brought draw string backpacks which then became filled to the brim. They got so heavy we stopped ToT-ing at one point. I want to say we had about 10 lbs of candy from one party. The bags they give you are really, really small.
We find it easiest to eat counter service at the MK as soon as we enter at 4pm.
We do the same. Use mobile ordering!
Not paying for the party if I’m going to be standing in 30 to 45 minute lines for everything.
I'm sorry to say that some lines do get to 30-45 mins. 7DMT is one, SM is another that we've personally encountered.
The other question, is what the hub is like for fireworks. I’ve seen what it is like a non-party days during the season and it’s horrible. Is it just as crowded now during the parties? It seems like these are a lot more packed than before. The other option considering instead of MNSSHP, is a dessert party on one of the non-party nights.
Crowded, but do-able. Last year the new show debuted and you really do have to be in front of the castle to see the projections and Jack. But yes, crowded.

This is what I always believed too. Each time we've gone we were directed to a party line, however when I posted this last year on the thread someone corrected me and said that it's not true. ??? That there is no designated party line. I think people still have issues (few and far between from what I've seen) with the party ticket not being used, but rather a park day ticket. I would love some definite clarification on this issue because we've never had a problem and have always been directed to a specific entrance line.

My opinion - the 1 or 2 people you see report a problem on occasion got confused and didn't go in an event entrance, even though they think they did - or something gets lost in translation between what happened on the ground and what they post here. While it is very obvious what to do on the ground with the clearly dedicated event entrances, if you're caught up in the moment, distracted, frantic because you're late, not really paying attention to or aware of your surroundings, or whatever, I see how it can happen. I personally see no reason to think twice about the topic when entering through a dedicated event tapstyle.

I see how it can happen. I personally see no reason to think twice about the topic when entering through a dedicated event tapstyle.
I agree. I think it's actually pretty difficult to NOT see the party lines, but you're right... people can get frazzled and focus on just getting in without paying attention to how they got in.

Do you remember when I posted last year about there being a designated party line and someone said "no, there is no party line"? That's what I'm referring to. I've always been directed to the party lines by CMs and never had an issue.

I agree. I think it's actually pretty difficult to NOT see the party lines, but you're right... people can get frazzled and focus on just getting in without paying attention to how they got in.

Do you remember when I posted last year about there being a designated party line and someone said "no, there is no party line"? That's what I'm referring to. I've always been directed to the party lines by CMs and never had an issue.

Yeah, I remember that. There have also been "tapstyle programming" debates on these kinds of threads over the years.

I can see how it happens. For example, if you're coming in from the monorail side and it's 4'ish and you just follow a crowd of regular guests in the tapstyles on the left...you might not realize/see the event entrances which are usually more on the right side.

This comes up on the Disney After Hours threads from time to time. "It used my park ticket!!....."... and then upon further probing it's almost always because they went in a regular tapstyle. (Disney After Hours event entrances are not as obvious since only a few tapstlyes, less people, etc).

Did anyone else do the Party Pass last year? I took the plunge and was delighted with it. I was there for 14 days and 7 parties. I wondered if I'd made a mistake, but, it wasn't. I planned to do the first three parties to make sure I got the value and maybe hop by for an hour or two for the other parties. In the end I did five nights till closing and the other two until 11pm. I found it less stressful trying to get all the characters, shows and parades in and it was lovely to sit and chill, especially at Mickey's Philharmagic which was showing classic Disney Halloween cartoons.
I'm hoping they will do it again this year, but, I bet they won't do it again.

So we were supposed to fly home on the 13th, but are strongly considering staying until the 14th so that we can go to our first-ever party.
I understand that the first party tends to be busy, but just for perspective...how busy? Can anyone compare it to a non-party summer night? We always go the first 2 weeks in August. Will I have to camp out on Main Street MORE than 1 hour to get a decent viewing spot for fireworks? We would definitely do the second, 11:15 parade....

I’m still trying to decide on costumes. I really like to go with a theme for the whole family. I’m considering doing Pooh & friends this year but probably with very light costumes (just ears for each character and lightweight clothing the color of them) I saw some people last year in those full body onesie suits and there’s no way I would even attempt that. I’m wondering, is it just Pooh & Tigger that M&G before the actual party starts? What time do they switch over? Can anyone tell me about their wait time experiences for the characters when they come out in their “costumes” and which costumes do they wear? I might even consider making our costumes of the characters “in” their costumes if I’m willing to spend precious party time in the M&G line for them. TIA

So we were supposed to fly home on the 13th, but are strongly considering staying until the 14th so that we can go to our first-ever party.
I understand that the first party tends to be busy, but just for perspective...how busy? Can anyone compare it to a non-party summer night? We always go the first 2 weeks in August. Will I have to camp out on Main Street MORE than 1 hour to get a decent viewing spot for fireworks? We would definitely do the second, 11:15 parade....

Lots of people congregate in the hub and along Main Street before the first parade and then those parade people fill in the street to wait for the fireworks after the first parade. But you don’t have to go an hour early for fireworks. I mean it’s in the sky, but it’s sometimes difficult to get an unobstructed view of the castle even when you go early because the crowds will be huge at the first party. More crowded then a regular summer fireworks night.

I watch both parades, and to be honest, II find both parades equally crowded. Last year we watched both parades from MainStreet, but I prefer to watch them from Frontierland.

The Halloween parties always feel way more crowded then a regular night at the MK. There are more people on the paths, clogging them up, lining up for characters, trick or treating, Halloween Photopass opportunities, party exclusive merchandise at kiosks like popcorn buckets, etc.....Counter service areas are often quite crowded throughout the evening as well with people wanting to try party exclusive treats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter